AC Winter Schedule Change Thread

Old Sep 28, 2014, 7:18 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by tracon
I see YVR-EWR will now depart at 9:15 and return at 18:30.
That's a huge improvement than the past. Although probably will go Rouge soon as this is the last US destination from YVR that hasn't been Rouge'd yet.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 8:59 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by ac-YUL
Check your facts. Flight operates daily as of 17DEC.

Again, I'm not talking just about Saturdays. Sure, Saturday night flights are not as popular to North America destinations. During the week this is a very different story. There is a growing population in Canada that make multiple trips to homes in Florida over the winter, many them who are still working and can take advantage of a late departure. We have data to support this.

Overall, AC is not as big a player from YUL-MIA as AA, however the Europe-MIA market remains large in the winter, and with no direct service from cities like BRU and GVA, it made sense for us to pursue revenue opportunities to support our European network. Hopefully, is this proves successful, we can look at having multiple flight YUL-MIA. Look at the YUL-FLL operation - up to 6x daily.
MIA has non-stops to BRU.

But yes, agreed, MIA is a big Europe market, makes sense to time it to feed these cities.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 6:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Exclamation

A reminder that further rouge debate posts belongs in this thread as this thread topic is AC Winter schedule changes.

tcook052
AC Forum Moderator
Old Sep 29, 2014, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MAH4546
But yes, agreed, MIA is a big Europe market, makes sense to time it to feed these cities.
But does it make sense to time YULMIA for EU when you have far more EU feed into YYZ, and 4*daily YYZMIA service a few hundred miles away?

IMO, you're trading the O/D Ottawa/Montreal>Miami/Keys edge to facilitate EU passengers through YUL that otherwise would have gone through YYZ. Even the early YYZMIA AC flt departs too early for any domestic connections.

This sure doesn't work for me and my friends/family who enjoy 3-4 day getaways to Miami Beach and the Keys but, if the new timing betters the chance for AC to increase Miami service in future, we all benefit in the end.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 7:21 am
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
But does it make sense to time YULMIA for EU when you have far more EU feed into YYZ, and 4*daily YYZMIA service a few hundred miles away?

IMO, you're trading the O/D Ottawa/Montreal>Miami/Keys edge to facilitate EU passengers through YUL that otherwise would have gone through YYZ. Even the early YYZMIA AC flt departs too early for any domestic connections.

This sure doesn't work for me and my friends/family who enjoy 3-4 day getaways to Miami Beach and the Keys but, if the new timing betters the chance for AC to increase Miami service in future, we all benefit in the end.
I believe its a compliment to domestic Florida traffic patterns. Quebecers tend to go to Florida's east coast MIA-FLL-PBI when Ontarians tend to go to Florida's West coast RSW, SRQ, TPA.

I know the YUL-FLL is THE Quebec-Florda corridor, but I've always been surprised that off season AC doesn't offer a YUL-MIA, where AA can do 2-3 daily. I've always figured an E90 could run daily. Montreal and Miami are 2 very cosmopolitain destinations that serve a link.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 11:32 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
But MIA is a key connecting market to a market like GVA. It is one Geneva's largest trans-Atlantic markets; Brussels', too. Probably good interline traffic to other destinations that are Montreal-unique (like Casablanca and Amman).

Originally Posted by tireman77
I know the YUL-FLL is THE Quebec-Florda corridor, but I've always been surprised that off season AC doesn't offer a YUL-MIA, where AA can do 2-3 daily. I've always figured an E90 could run daily. Montreal and Miami are 2 very cosmopolitain destinations that serve a link.
I certainly agree.

South Florida is a bigger air travel local market to Montreal than New York City. It's Montreal's third largest air travel market after Toronto and Paris, so I've always found it odd AC doesn't do a year-round to MIA anymore.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 4:57 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Hilton Silver
YYC-EWR?

I'm not seeing YYC-EWR anymore in November or December, has this gone away?
Old Sep 29, 2014, 5:07 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by djkyyc
I'm not seeing YYC-EWR anymore in November or December, has this gone away?
airlines.net shows a change in schedule for YVR-EWR today starting in late October (http://airlineroute.net/2014/09/29/ac-yvrewr-w14/)

Maybe they are working on all West Coast - EWR schedules and will put them into the system shortly? Just a hunch.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 6:19 am
Original Poster

OLder thread

Will be interesting to see AC's Montreal-Miami schedule and equipment next year.
Had to book a couple MTL-Miami flights and was delighted to see AC has reverted back to AM Southbound departures. ^
Old Feb 6, 2016, 7:59 am

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Had to book a couple MTL-Miami flights and was delighted to see AC has reverted back to AM Southbound departures. ^
True, but starting April 7, moving over to Rouge... still with a morning departure

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.