Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

WS now offers "real" FFP, will AC react?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WS now offers "real" FFP, will AC react?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2014, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by YYZFlyboy
Really?

Show me the math how 2 trips to Asia gets you SE?
If the ceiling was just $10,000 spent - easily reached with two J trips to Asia.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 10:53 pm

Programs: AC SE100K
The free same day changes is pretty awesome.

For me, this new WJ feature means I'll spend the minimum to maintain SE with AC and divert the rest of my western triangle flights to WJ.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 11:04 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by cairo604
For me, this new WJ feature means I'll spend the minimum to maintain SE with AC and divert the rest of my western triangle flights to WJ.
With Flex now having free Standby in the triangle you can in effect get most of this by just booking the last flight of the day on AC if you really don't know yet when you'd like to fly. Additionally, I'd rather have the concierge service.

I can't figure out if WS will change you confirmed seat or standby. "no fee to change to an earlier or later flight for Gold members is defined as early and missed flight re-accommodation for the same origin and destination on the same day of travel and is subject to availability at the time of check in or at the airport" is quite ambiguous to me.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 11:54 am

Programs: Aeroplan
I don't know why so much space is being used discussing what seems to be a poor excuse for FFP by WS. Sorry, this is bush league not worthy of the attention we are paying to it.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 1:37 pm

Programs: AC: Ac*A, , Nexus: Expired
Originally Posted by YXXFlyer
With Flex now having free Standby in the triangle you can in effect get most of this by just booking the last flight of the day on AC if you really don't know yet when you'd like to fly. Additionally, I'd rather have the concierge service.

I can't figure out if WS will change you confirmed seat or standby. "no fee to change to an earlier or later flight for Gold members is defined as early and missed flight re-accommodation for the same origin and destination on the same day of travel and is subject to availability at the time of check in or at the airport" is quite ambiguous to me.
I think it is a moot point. WS doesnt oversell so if you same day change on the phone or airport it is a confirmed non-standby seat
Old Sep 18, 2014, 5:24 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by danapop
I think it is a moot point. WS doesnt oversell so if you same day change on the phone or airport it is a confirmed non-standby seat
Doesn't oversell yet. They have shown that they are willing to make changes.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 6:23 pm

Programs: WestJet Gold; E35K/*Silver
Not bumping passengers is one thing that sets WestJet apart from AC, and is the single biggest reason among my friends why they like them. Overselling flights would be a massive own goal on that score, so I don't see anything changing in the short term.

The business case wouldn't make much so much sense either. AC oversells because the money it makes on those last tickets is huge. Vancouver Toronto on an oversold flight can cost like $3500. To a reasonable man, that is totally bonkers money and akin to pissing money up the wall, but people, businesses and the government of course do it.

How much demand would WestJet get for the same sort of thing without a business class?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.