Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

YYC-LAX-ADL and back. Is this possible?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2014, 10:55 pm
Original Poster

I called into aeroplan and tried booking a flight from YYC-LAX-ADL-LAX-YYC, which with connections turned into something like YYC-LAX-NRT-SIN-ADL, and back. The rep said that it was over the MPM.

I couldn't find any flights that took a more direct path.

Is it possible to book this (including the stopover at LAX both ways)?
Old Sep 9, 2014, 11:06 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, MR Plat
That's a valid published routing between YYC and ADL so the MPM shouldn't apply.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 9:27 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Welcome to fyertalk

You will learn that the knowledge here is usually far superior to the knowledge of the AP desk.

For the AP desk its a job, for the people here , its living it ^
Old Sep 10, 2014, 9:48 am
Original Poster

So do I tell the rep that they should be able to book it?
Old Sep 10, 2014, 9:56 am

Programs: A Few
Originally Posted by Torontoflyerguy
So do I tell the rep that they should be able to book it?
Ask the agent to try validating the itinerary using "published routing" instead of MPM.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Great. Thanks! Out of curiosity, how do you know it's a published routing?
Old Sep 10, 2014, 11:01 am

Programs: AC E50K
Great. Thanks! Out of curiosity, how do you know it's a published routing?
If you go onto SQ's site and try to book a ticket between YYC and ADL it'll show up.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 11:29 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by Eternity000
If you go onto SQ's site and try to book a ticket between YYC and ADL it'll show up.
That in itself doesn't show this is a published routing.

The site may be piecing together a YYC - SIN and SIN -ADL fare seperately, for example.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 11:59 am

It is a published routing:

Old Sep 10, 2014, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

So does that chart mean that YYC-LAX-BKK-SIN-ADL wouldn't be valid then? Because for the LAX to ADL portion, that's all that shows up now for early to mid-Dec, which is when I'm looking at booking for.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 4:26 pm

Programs: AC-SE
Valid MPM from Canada to Oz via Asia

So does that chart mean that YYC-LAX-BKK-SIN-ADL wouldn't be valid then? Because for the LAX to ADL portion, that's all that shows up now for early to mid-Dec, which is when I'm looking at booking for.
This is only indirectly relevant, however, I am flying YXU-YYZ-HKG (stop)-BKK-PER in December and then return (open-jaw) SYD-PEK-YYZ-YXU in January.

I had to find a good AP agent to get me into PER in J within MPM constraint. I could have flown east or west, i.e., via Europe or Asia into PER thru either BKK or SIN. But we had to test several solutions to find one that fell within either MPM or valid routing rules, as PER is a bit of a challenge given you cannot fly YYZ-SYD and connect on *A onward to PER.

Even when my ANA tool was saying there were J seats on a flight, some of the ANA solutions did not meet MPM criteria. The valid routing approach overcame the MPM constraints, in the end.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 10:47 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Another way of addressing it is by entering it into the AE search engine and seeing what combinations come up on any day. Chances are, you will get your routing, even if it is seen in economy (and you want business).

You can then say to the agent that you have seen it offered on the website so you should be able to book it as cited.

It's the easiest way to identify legal routings as the website is MPM calibrated to AE's specifications.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by jautis
This is only indirectly relevant, however, I am flying YXU-YYZ-HKG (stop)-BKK-PER in December and then return (open-jaw) SYD-PEK-YYZ-YXU in January.
I am guessing fees north of $1000 on this one?
Old Sep 11, 2014, 11:30 am

Programs: AC-SE
Originally Posted by rankourabu
I am guessing fees north of $1000 on this one?
A little, complicated by itinerary changes. Around 1300$

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.