Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Possible to book a PEK-FNJ (Pyongyang, North Korea) award?

Possible to book a PEK-FNJ (Pyongyang, North Korea) award?

Old Mar 25, 2015, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by Bonaventure
It is not worth it to book your own flight as the tours usually include one flight and one train with an upgrade for a very minimal amount of money (much less than point value). Plus, having been on air koryo, it is certainly worth the experience.
Absolutely. All tour packages include the flight/train.

Once again, save some money, and DO NOT go with Koryo Tours. The itineraries inside NK are all identical, since its all state-run.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 4:59 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Koryo tours is built for Americans / Americans disinclined to the world outside USA. Op is American, good fit!

Also, you can also enter dprk for 'business' and other wired solo ways that require advance approval from the glorious leaders government. Though doing business is still illegal for canadian and U.S. nationals iirc.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 5:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
There's always Mr. Rodman...maybe he is now leading tours

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...rth-Korea.html
Old Mar 25, 2015, 6:11 pm

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
Not sure why the repeated dumping on Koryo, but I found them really great. They're British, not American, and their more experienced guides just know more by virtue of having been in the country more (my guide was on his 50th trip into DPRK). Of course they have guides who haven't been in 50 times too, but...
FRom my research before going, the itineraries aren't identical. Look at the itineraries shown and see which company has the stuff that suits you best. Even then, extra side trips or alternative itinerary choices will come up while you're there (or at least they did for us 18 months ago; things always get more/less flexible with some person's mood there).
Old Mar 25, 2015, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1M
I think the flights have been stopped or do not operate them in July. Kayak showed an itinerary but when I clicked selected ca.com and kayak.com to book, it said the flight does not exist. Looked for other dates on ca.com and staralliance.com and nothing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.