Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC 75% AQM bonus for 01SEP through 01OCT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2014, 6:53 am

Programs: AC MM E50, AF Flying Blue
Originally Posted by LockheedElectra
So I was targeted and signed up. I do quite a bit of last second flying (maybe this is why?), in any case I'll fly as much with AC as possible, up to 95% vs. usual 70-80 so a couple extra flights that may have gone to the Scareways or Delta, as I will likely have 5 round trips this month.

Two of my flights have posted on the Altitude site, but without the bonus AQM's. I presume they will add them later Ben?
Was just wondering if anybody had received the 75% bonus yet?

Thanks!

R&F
Old Sep 21, 2014, 9:44 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Nothing here as well.

First eligible segment was 12 days ago and most recent eligible segment 7 days ago. The Elite bonuses have posted on Sundays as usual but the 75% is absent.

So, fearing that my online registration did not process correctly I placed a needless call to the AE call centre (even though its an AC Altitude promo). After some clicking and tapping an reviewing of my account, the agent confirms that TNXX promo has been added successfully.

So this gets to my ongoing issues concerning AC/AE service...they could reduce their call volumes if they:

1. sent registration confirmations to members
2. post promotions in a timely fashion

Off to the airport.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:11 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
Nothing here as well.

First eligible segment was 12 days ago and most recent eligible segment 7 days ago. The Elite bonuses have posted on Sundays as usual but the 75% is absent.

So, fearing that my online registration did not process correctly I placed a needless call to the AE call centre (even though its an AC Altitude promo). After some clicking and tapping an reviewing of my account, the agent confirms that TNXX promo has been added successfully.

So this gets to my ongoing issues concerning AC/AE service...they could reduce their call volumes if they:

1. sent registration confirmations to members
2. post promotions in a timely fashion

Off to the airport.
Ugh. Thanks for the heads up. I'll call too as I have a batch of flights coming up which will get SE for me ... only if the promo posts
Old Sep 27, 2014, 10:06 am

Programs: AC MM E50, AF Flying Blue
Originally Posted by run&fly
Was just wondering if anybody had received the 75% bonus yet?

Thanks!

R&F
Bump!
Old Sep 27, 2014, 10:10 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
It appears as though the sweep for this targetted promotion is a mid-week run vs the overnight Saturday/Sunday normal bonus run.

My AQMs have posted for all flights taken on or before 15SEP, however, nothing as yet for 21SEP or later.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 2:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
I received the AQM for my Sept 9 and 11 flights.

Still nothing for Sept 19 and 21.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 5:31 pm
Original Poster

I've not received anything eirher - but all my flights were 21SEP onwards.

Want to hear a completely idiotic decision I've made, though? I had to return slightly earlier from a trip, and instead of doing HKG-YVR-YYZ-YUL in premium economy, I routed HKG-YYZ-YUL to get a night's sleep at home. BAD MISTAKE (since I always get upgraded, I completely forgot about the PE 25% bonus - which I was originally booked into). I will end the month with 99,393 miles - so my hope to not have to pay the scamcharge for my mid-October flight just went out the window. ARGHHHH.

Anyone know if AC can be generous and "lend" me the missing 607 miles for SE so I can avoid the stupid fee? I must have failed high school math. Heh.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 6:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim

Want to hear a completely idiotic decision I've made, though? I had to return slightly earlier from a trip, and instead of doing HKG-YVR-YYZ-YUL in premium economy, I routed HKG-YYZ-YUL to get a night's sleep at home. BAD MISTAKE (since I always get upgraded, I completely forgot about the PE 25% bonus - which I was originally booked into). I will end the month with 99,393 miles - so my hope to not have to pay the scamcharge for my mid-October flight just went out the window. ARGHHHH.

Anyone know if AC can be generous and "lend" me the missing 607 miles for SE so I can avoid the stupid fee? I must have failed high school math. Heh.

Ouch. I'd gladly lend you the missing AQM but I am quite sure that's not part of the T&C
Old Sep 27, 2014, 6:56 pm

Programs: SE 100K MM,UA Gold, Marriott Titanium,Hilton Diamond, Golden Circle Jade, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim

book a yul-ytz trip...will get you the miles you need for less than the copay
Old Sep 27, 2014, 11:17 pm

Location: x-17 yr AC*SE100 1MM, now E50 Gold :(, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, HH Gold, Marriott Plat, Yadayadayada
I was targeted for the 75% AQM as an SE sitting at about 48k miles as of Sept 1. The timing was perfect for me as I had delayed a DEL trip and was likely to postpone my SYD trip until the spring. I really didn't like the thought of having the co-pay next year so when I got the promo I jumped at it and booked a PE to HKG (from where I type this message now). I used my AMEX $200 yearly perk and some MR points and got the 'out of pocket' PE cost to $500.
I came in last night and head home tonight and enjoyed a great day trip.
This trip got me back on track for SE. Now... in the three weeks since I booked this, my DEL trip came back online for Nov and my SYD trip is a 'go' for Oct and I have another Asia trip booked for Dec so I'll finish the year back around the 130k+ mark but once again... the timing of the promotion DID work to change my behaviour and increase my flying. Would have hated to miss SE after so many years.

Also - I really appreciate Ben's contribution to this board. Quite honestly, if I was in his position, I'd really have to think hard about spending my personal time trying to be helpful contributing to this board. Thanks Ben!

Just sayin'.....
Old Sep 27, 2014, 11:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yvrdude
I was targeted for the 75% AQM as an SE sitting at about 48k miles as of Sept 1. The timing was perfect for me as I had delayed a DEL trip and was likely to postpone my SYD trip until the spring. I really didn't like the thought of having the co-pay next year so when I got the promo I jumped at it and booked a PE to HKG (from where I type this message now). I used my AMEX $200 yearly perk and some MR points and got the 'out of pocket' PE cost to $500.
I came in last night and head home tonight and enjoyed a great day trip.
This trip got me back on track for SE. Now... in the three weeks since I booked this, my DEL trip came back online for Nov and my SYD trip is a 'go' for Oct and I have another Asia trip booked for Dec so I'll finish the year back around the 130k+ mark but once again... the timing of the promotion DID work to change my behaviour and increase my flying. Would have hated to miss SE after so many years.

Also - I really appreciate Ben's contribution to this board. Quite honestly, if I was in his position, I'd really have to think hard about spending my personal time trying to be helpful contributing to this board. Thanks Ben!

Just sayin'.....
Haha. I'm flying today, as well; supposedly on HKG-YYZ, but if this SQ flight doesn't disembark soon (it's half an hour late), then I just might be on the same flight as you....... I have 25 minutes left to run, get my bag, exit immigration and get to the AC counter.

[edit] made it. tried to get agent to switch me to a B fare, got quoted $2,377. Why can't they have asked me $500 or even $1K? Could have made way more money... I'll never understand the airline business.

Last edited by Pseudo Nim; Sep 28, 2014 at 12:25 am
Old Oct 6, 2014, 2:49 pm

Location: x-17 yr AC*SE100 1MM, now E50 Gold :(, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, HH Gold, Marriott Plat, Yadayadayada

Has anyone had their +75% AQM post yet?
Old Oct 6, 2014, 3:49 pm
Suspended

As I wrote upthread

Originally Posted by 24left
I received the AQM for my Sept 9 and 11 flights.

Still nothing for Sept 19 and 21.

And of course, nothing yet for Sept 28 and Oct 1
Old Oct 6, 2014, 3:51 pm

Umm, hello? McFly?

If you took a just a few seconds to scroll up on this thread, you will see that those targetted were credited with the 75% bonus for flight on or before 15SEP it would appear.

Nothing has happened with flights taken after that which is disappointing, but par for the course with AC.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 4:15 pm
Suspended

It is reasonable to understand why more than one FT member is asking about yet-to-be-posted miles. Some people like their miles to show up as soon as they've earned them. Some of us are juggling multiple promos/contests that without a Masters in Spreadsheets, it's hard to keep track.

I'm waiting (patiently) for the 75% AQM bonus
I'm waiting for the EYW stuff
I'm waiting for the Alt threshold bonus miles
I'm waiting for the 50% post Oct 1 miles
I'm waiting for the bonuses that come with staying a certain hotels over a Saturday night, or renting a car on a Tuesday in November or buying a fridge from Costco
There's Altitude miles, dDistinction AP miles, flying miles, class of service bonuses......
Excel is my best friend

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.