Community
Wiki Posts
Search

COPA rewards flights disappeared

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2016, 3:50 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Didn't realize CA was on this list as well.

This really sucks cuz frankly, CA/CM are often two of the most widely available options. I often get little to no results for UA internationally, AV is totally hit or miss, AC is fine if you're SE and get the IKK and YQ waived, but this is ridiculous.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by drvannostren
Didn't realize CA was on this list as well.

This really sucks cuz frankly, CA/CM are often two of the most widely available options. I often get little to no results for UA internationally, AV is totally hit or miss, AC is fine if you're SE and get the IKK and YQ waived, but this is ridiculous.
If you're going to south america UA opens up availability 330 days out. At least for Y. I was monitoring for my in-laws a couple years ago. J not so sure.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 9:49 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
CM is confirmed to be gone once again, and as usual, the agent spoke with another redemption department that blamed CM for the issue.

So let me gets the straight. CM is available with UA, NH and expertflyer.com, but its CM's fault.

This is a pain because the secondary cities that only CM flies to such as PBC, VSA, GDL, MTY are not served by AV and the UA option is non-existent or backtracking which wastes time.

Once again, AE has not posted anything on their website nor advised a date to have this resolved.

Does anyone know how I can transfer miles from AE to UA? I looked at points.com but nothing stood out.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 4:50 am

Pleased to note, Copa is back! At least for the time being. Just did a quick search between MDE-MGA, knowing the only options would be AV and CM. A month ago only AV existed, but CM is back in there, which is great.

I still can't find any CA though. Did a quick search for AUG YVR-PEK, came up with some ridiculous routings which included Shenzhen airlines/Rouge/NH, but nothing from CA. Checked for Apr got nothing from CA either.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 5:12 am

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Pleased to note, Copa is back! At least for the time being. Just did a quick search between MDE-MGA, knowing the only options would be AV and CM. A month ago only AV existed, but CM is back in there, which is great.

I still can't find any CA though. Did a quick search for AUG YVR-PEK, came up with some ridiculous routings which included Shenzhen airlines/Rouge/NH, but nothing from CA. Checked for Apr got nothing from CA either.
Someone did mention you can book CA with AP via phone if you can find them on UA
Old Jul 7, 2016, 10:36 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
CM is back for viewing only, NOT for actual booking and travel.

After calls and emails with Aeroplan offices, they have sent the issue back to their IT team to try to fix and I was candidly told it will be weeks before it is addressed, if at all.

The website is so full of bugs. Even though UA charges just 10K miles for a one-way PTY-MEX or PTY-GDL, AC/AE should charge a much higher 20K but both the website and the app show a 40K award redemption for Economy. Grrrr.

As I have mentioned before, why is it that the other Star Alliance partners don't have the issues that AE does?
Old Jul 7, 2016, 9:23 pm

Oh my bad, that's a real kick in the nuts. I didn't realize it wasn't bookable. I've never had anything show up that couldn't be booked, so i just assumed it was ok. Sorry!
Old Aug 3, 2016, 4:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
CM is back for viewing only, NOT for actual booking and travel.

After calls and emails with Aeroplan offices, they have sent the issue back to their IT team to try to fix and I was candidly told it will be weeks before it is addressed, if at all.

The website is so full of bugs. Even though UA charges just 10K miles for a one-way PTY-MEX or PTY-GDL, AC/AE should charge a much higher 20K but both the website and the app show a 40K award redemption for Economy. Grrrr.

As I have mentioned before, why is it that the other Star Alliance partners don't have the issues that AE does?
What does this mean?
Old Aug 3, 2016, 8:38 pm

Programs: Skymiles Silver Medallion
Seeing as how this thread was started 2 years ago and the issue is still not fixed, I've pretty much given up all hope of ever being able to redeem on COPA again.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 9:04 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
I'm seeing COPA availability on aeroplan but hesitating transferring points over from Amex because of this issue.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 9:20 pm

Programs: TK*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Darn, I was eyeing a VVI-PTY-YYZ ticket on CM after confirming availability on AP.com a few weeks ago. Now, I transferred enough points to AP.com and all CM flights are gone again! The calendar still shows availability though.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 9:23 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by ericw
Darn, I was eyeing a VVI-PTY-YYZ ticket on CM after confirming availability on AP.com a few weeks ago. Now, I transferred enough points to AP.com and all CM flights are gone again! The calendar still shows availability though.
Try calling in saying that you transferred points using the current advertising and promotion to do this and now you can't.

Do I expect this to work? Not really - the Agent will probably give you some BS reason about flights being sold out which is a lie. But it's what I would try to do anyway.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 11:32 am

Programs: A3*G, AT Gold, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by ericw
I hear you. Such a ridiculously frustrating issue.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 2:50 pm

Any update here?

I was thinking about trying to piece together an EZE trip and would almost certainly need CM since no one else seems to open up much availability.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.