Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

R class not eligible for mileage...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

R class not eligible for mileage...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2014, 3:40 pm

Programs: E50K
It appears there was a serious hiccup on July 27. The late posting of flights from that date has been identified in another thread; is it possible that the R issue is related in some way?
Old Aug 19, 2014, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by Ben Lipsey
Sorry about this. I've asked for the accrual logic to be investigated, but unfortunately it will take some time. Rest assured you will receive proper mileage and segment credit for all eligible itineraries.
I appreciate the sentiment, but it is very hard to be patient when Sobeys or Esso can post the next day, UA posts faster than AC and when issues happen with AC, they seem so random. Why is AC one of the worst at posting miles to AE? My upgraded flight on 26 posted OK (different ticket #), but a few days after a UA segment on the same day. My upgraded flights 27 got rejected even after a milage request, but upgraded flights on July 31 on the same ticket # also posted OK..
Old Aug 19, 2014, 5:54 pm
Flying Blue Director

Originally Posted by yeg2where
I appreciate the sentiment, but it is very hard to be patient when Sobeys or Esso can post the next day, UA posts faster than AC and when issues happen with AC, they seem so random. Why is AC one of the worst at posting miles to AE? My upgraded flight on 26 posted OK (different ticket #), but a few days after a UA segment on the same day. My upgraded flights 27 got rejected even after a milage request, but upgraded flights on July 31 on the same ticket # also posted OK..
I imagine this is due to the schedule of when the miles are purchased (i.e. in batches), given our IT systems aren't linked.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by Ben Lipsey
I agree it's happening a lot more than it should. All I can say is that I'm sorry it's happening and inconveniencing our best customers, and that my colleagues are indeed aware and looking into a speedy solution.
What is of such great concern is that the exact same glitch happened about the same time last year (2013). Did the same colleagues look into a speedy solution last year? If so, what is going to be different next year?
The items of greatest concern to me is that the same problem can re-occur and no one except the passenger suffers. Please consider awarding all passengers who were denied credit after submitting claims the an additional credit of the same amount of AQM and AQS that they were denied in the first place. This would be some compensation for the aggravation of having to pursue the claim twice and submit the same information twice. The penalizing of AC (or AE, whoever was responsible) would act as an incentive for getting the solution right this time.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 5:36 am

Programs: AC SE*2MM, HH Gold, Marriott Plat Life, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by Relayguy
What is of such great concern is that the exact same glitch happened about the same time last year (2013). Did the same colleagues look into a speedy solution last year? If so, what is going to be different next year?
The items of greatest concern to me is that the same problem can re-occur and no one except the passenger suffers. Please consider awarding all passengers who were denied credit after submitting claims the an additional credit of the same amount of AQM and AQS that they were denied in the first place. This would be some compensation for the aggravation of having to pursue the claim twice and submit the same information twice. The penalizing of AC (or AE, whoever was responsible) would act as an incentive for getting the solution right this time.
Interesting that July 27th was posted today, with double AQM & AQS. Not sure if this is a glitch, or your advice was taken?
Old Aug 20, 2014, 5:45 am
YYZ

Programs: AC*E
Originally Posted by CoachPotato
Interesting that July 27th was posted today, with double AQM & AQS. Not sure if this is a glitch, or your advice was taken?
Nothing for me yet. Hopefully they are making their way down the queue.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE
My miles for this trip finally posted today. Took 10 days to re-review after the missing milage request was originally turned down. Now at 50k and can start booking Sept flights into preferred seats
Old Aug 28, 2014, 10:19 am
Flying Blue Director

We had identified about 500 upgraded bookings that were affected due to a glitch when we had a class realignment. We are going through and retroactively crediting the proper mileage, so if you haven't seen the mileage post in a week or two please drop me a line.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 9:41 am

Programs: AC*SE, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
My flights finally posted today although I'm still waiting on the Elite bonus miles. Hoping they'll come through on a sweep this week.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 5:27 pm

Programs: AC SE. Hilton Diamond, Marriot TI, Avis PC. Hertz PC.
well..... 5 and half years later.. Same thing happened to me. Booked flex fare, got upgraded (R). and denied missing air miles request.
Does anyone know what my best steps are these days amongst all these terrible aeroplan/air canada call wait times? I just don't want to get passed around between departments for hours.

Thanks in advance!

Alex
Old Feb 23, 2020, 5:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by handuk
well..... 5 and half years later.. Same thing happened to me. Booked flex fare, got upgraded (R). and denied missing air miles request.
Does anyone know what my best steps are these days amongst all these terrible aeroplan/air canada call wait times? I just don't want to get passed around between departments for hours.

Thanks in advance!

Alex

@handuk

I can't find the post but I was sure someone else wrote that they were also upgraded to R space and did not receive miles for their original class. I don't recall if it's in the thread with issues related to the Amadeus migration or in one of the other other upgrade threads.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 7:28 pm

Programs: Altitude E50
Something similar happened to me last year with a full Y flight on LH that I upgraded to J with a Star Alliance Upgrade Award.
My website request for original mileage credit was denied (ie "I fare class is not eligible"). I sent another email through the aeroplan website to escalate when my original request was denied. I don't remember how I got there, but the email on record is: [email protected].
Two years ago I had to appeal a denied original routing credit request through: [email protected]. On a followup phone call with aeroplan I was advised to escalate by email to: [email protected]. This eventually did the trick.
Good luck.
24left likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 4:07 am

Programs: AC*SE; AC 2MM; Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by 24left
@handuk

I can't find the post but I was sure someone else wrote that they were also upgraded to R space and did not receive miles for their original class. I don't recall if it's in the thread with issues related to the Amadeus migration or in one of the other other upgrade threads.
Yes, that was me:-) ... post Amadeus but can't say for sure it's related. For 2 flights - one in Jan and one in Feb 2020. Trying to get it sorted out.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 12:06 pm

Programs: AC SE. Hilton Diamond, Marriot TI, Avis PC. Hertz PC.
Originally Posted by Vasbyte
Yes, that was me:-) ... post Amadeus but can't say for sure it's related. For 2 flights - one in Jan and one in Feb 2020. Trying to get it sorted out.
This happened on Jan 4th. Original was flex fare YTZ to YHZ but they gave me YYZ to YHZ upgraded (R).

Who did you reach out to resolve the issue?
I've been flying on aeroplan points for a few years since our business expenses are pretty high through the aeroplan cc's. but this year, I'm letting staff fly with the pionts, and I'm trying to get altitude status haha.

Thanks!
Old Feb 24, 2020, 12:44 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM
Originally Posted by yeg2where
Denying all miles.

Just got off the phone and according to the AE agent "I see it happen all the time when people upgrade; I can't give you the credit but will send it back to the crediting dept to look at again"
I think that calls for HUCA treatment. They are just wrong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.