Wiki Posts
Search

AC & *G lounge access

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2014, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE
AC & *G lounge access

As a spinoff from the discussion on the YYC lounge, there were different opinions on whether wife is a guest. According to the following, I'd assume it's your immediate family + 1 guest. I've never been able to try guesting someone while travelling with my wife. Anyone has experience?

Code:
Enjoy the comfort and amenities of the Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges, as well as the arrivals Lounge at 
London-Heathrow. Subject to space availability, in the Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges, you can invite immediate 
family members (spouse and dependant children) and a first guest at no charge and in the arrivals Lounge in 
London-Heathrow you can invite a first guest at no charge. Access applies when you and your guest(s) are 
traveling on a same-day flight operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express, Air Canada rouge or any Star Alliance 
member airline. Visitors under the age of majority must be accompanied by an adult.
I'm wondering if the visitor rules are standardized across *G carriers? I'll be travelling on SN later this year with wife + brother and curious to know if I stand any chance? (not that lounges in BRU are great, but at least there is decent beer)

Last edited by YXXFlyer; Aug 15, 2014 at 1:43 pm Reason: formatting AC text
Old Aug 15, 2014, 3:02 pm

Programs: AC E50K, TK Elite
At YVR as E50K I brought my wife + my sister in with me. No problems, didn't even ask if there was a relationship.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 3:06 pm
alc

over the years, I had also be able to bring my wife, my daughter, and a guest at YYZ (Domestic, US, & Int'l) at the same time without ever been question.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 3:25 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
While I was P25K, my brother E75K guested me in along with his wife and three kids at YYZ TB.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 1:09 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by YXXFlyer
I'm wondering if the visitor rules are standardized across *G carriers? I'll be travelling on SN later this year with wife + brother and curious to know if I stand any chance? (not that lounges in BRU are great, but at least there is decent beer)
In my experience it is not standardized across *G carriers. For example my last couple of times in EWR with the family the UA lounge would only let one guest- did not matter if it was immediate family or not. I was with my wife and two kids. Would only let me and one of the kids in.... NH however allowed all of in at NRT as did OZ in Seoul.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 1:19 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM
http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...access-policy/

For *G it is one guest in *A lounges on any fare. Not talking about AC MLLs here as that is our FFP and has different rules...
Old Aug 16, 2014, 2:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
My understanding is that AC*G gets spouse/partner plus dependents, plus one guest, in MLLs. Other *G gets one guest.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 3:01 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by canadiancow
My understanding is that AC*G gets spouse/partner plus dependents, plus one guest, in MLLs. Other *G gets one guest.
Yes, but MLL is immediate family only (spouse and dependent children). Siblings, parents don't qualify. In practice, I've seen agents be pretty accommodating.

I was ready to use an MLL pass once but the agent let my in-law come in as family.

At any *G lounge the 1 guest policy is strictly enforced.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 3:02 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AA Platinum, SPG Platinum, National Emerald Elite
AC & *G lounge access

I've tried to get my girlfriend and her dad into a lounge as a SE and it was a no go.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 3:21 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM
Originally Posted by Prewrappedbacon
I've tried to get my girlfriend and her dad into a lounge as a SE and it was a no go.
Well if you used the term girlfriend of course.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE
Thanks for all the feedback! We'll have a beer outside the lounge in BRU then as guest passes don't work there either..
Old Aug 18, 2014, 12:38 pm

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Originally Posted by mountaingrl
Well if you used the term girlfriend of course.
Oh I see... What if the "wife" has a different last name and no wedding ring, do they start asking about marriage license?
Old Aug 18, 2014, 8:09 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Better not. I have a different name and no wedding ring and I don't intend to carry marriage licence around.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Plumber
In my experience it is not standardized across *G carriers. For example my last couple of times in EWR with the family the UA lounge would only let one guest- did not matter if it was immediate family or not. I was with my wife and two kids. Would only let me and one of the kids in.... NH however allowed all of in at NRT as did OZ in Seoul.
*A requires passenger plus one guest if eligibility is through *G, IIRC. That doesn't, however, mean individual carriers can't have rules that go beyond that, which it sounds like ANA does.

If access is through premium cabin, *A doesn't require any guests (and UA follows this), however, believe other carriers do allow a guest in this situation.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 9:57 pm

Programs: AC S100K
Originally Posted by BRAISKI
Oh I see... What if the "wife" has a different last name and no wedding ring, do they start asking about marriage license?
You don't really think that would cause a second glance in this day and age?

I'll bet you could get two husbands in at once if you said it with confidence.

Modern families.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.