Air Canada Status Match - Success

Old Mar 17, 2016, 9:31 pm

As far as I know, AC generally does not SM/SC to the highest status level (Super Elite 100K) even though you hold top tier status with another airline, just like how UA/DL/AA generally do not SM/SC to their highest status level except in very rare cases.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
given this is mostly dead but seems to be the most active thread... have there been any updates to this? Anyone status matched recently, successfully?

If you status matched, did you get the all benefits (incl. eUPs) or not?
Old Sep 13, 2016, 11:50 am

Does AC provide status matching or challenges?

After an international stint, returning to Canada in December. I will have no valid status for a while.

I have OW Sapphire right now, I can't find any current info on AC challenge or matching, does such program exist? The only webpage I found was dated 2014.

I was hoping that WS will be part of OW by now, no such luck.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 2:23 pm

Programs: AC 50K (*G), Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Qster
After an international stint, returning to Canada in December. I will have no valid status for a while.

I have OW Sapphire right now, I can't find any current info on AC challenge or matching, does such program exist? The only webpage I found was dated 2014.

I was hoping that WS will be part of OW by now, no such luck.
Try sending an email here [email protected]. They will most likely offer you a status challenge to E50K, which is the first tier with *G.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 12:18 am

Programs: AC E75K, Aeroplan Diamond, NEXUS
Air Canada Altitude 90 day challenge.

And also I learned that if you've had AC Status before, you're not eligible for Status challenge.. I emailed the email above and here's their response:

Hello,

The status challenge is for customers that hold a top tier status with other airlines and have never held an Altitude status with Air Canada. Seeing that Mr. whatchamackallit03 was Prestige 25K in 2015, he is not eligible for the Status Challenge.

Best Regards,
The Air Canada Altitude Team

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.