Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Calgary Maple Leaf Lounge Access Policy Change

Calgary Maple Leaf Lounge Access Policy Change

Old Apr 18, 2016, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Wooglin
Is construction at YYC MLL complete, and back to original *A access?

e.g. UC membership will grant access with +1 guest?
It is all done, even with the new conference room next to the business area cubicles.

All rules back to normal. It's been like that for awhile now.l
Old Apr 18, 2016, 6:51 am

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by yyznomad
It is all done, even with the new conference room next to the business area cubicles.
Excellent, thanks!
All rules back to normal. It's been like that for awhile now.l
Yep- shows how infrequently I go to YYC.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 12:12 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
going thru yyc soon, is there any decent breakfast offerings around 9-11? how's the dinner spread? i saw something about brisket?
Old Jun 16, 2016, 12:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by cur
going thru yyc soon, is there any decent breakfast offerings around 9-11? how's the dinner spread? i saw something about brisket?

MLL Food thread in case you're curious

Originally Posted by traacs
Arrived at 11.15 at YYC lounge , no hot sandwiches now till 11.30 . Told that menu times and items were changed on the weekend, looks like major cutbacks.

As for the brisket mention

Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts
I am landing at YYC in 15 minutes. Leave me some!!
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26725351-post516.html
Old Jun 17, 2016, 1:45 pm

Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
I find the way that food is handled at YYC MLL to be haphazard ... and a bit odd.

The food selection and display is absolutely awesome during a few small time windows. When those time windows come to an end, though, nothing is restocked and it seems the buffet line is just left to sit untended until everything is picked over.

I was in the lounge at about 6:45pm this past spring. There was soup, but no bowls or spoons. There was salsa, but nothing to put it on save a few raw vegetables. People asked the MLL staff to help, but the response was that the food service was done -- all of this before 7:00! There was a steady stream of people trying to assemble some sort of a snack for themselves -- and just becoming frustrated.

Some cookies were eventually replenished, but the rest of it still looked like an absolute mess ... and, worse, stayed that way for the duration of my visit. (In fairness, not all of my visits have been quite that bad. But the windows of "good food available" seem to be so tiny now that I've more often missed it than experienced it.)

I'd think a consistent, nice food selection throughout the day would be better than this 'feast or famine'. Amp up the offering during peak times, but don't make it embarrassingly poor at other times. And when it's all picked over, just clean it up properly instead of leaving the crumbs and leftovers sitting around.

And it doesn't help that the C concourse at YYC - post security - has such poor food options outside of the MLL. It's pretty much a toss-up between Chili's (blecch) or Tim Hortons (ditto).
Old Jun 17, 2016, 1:58 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by cur
I haven't gone through 9-11 in a while. I think made to order omelettes and the rest of the hot breakfast might be gone by then.

Well, since I'm in the YYC MLL right now (oven baked pizzas were available until 13:30), let me go ask the lady at the front...
Old Jun 17, 2016, 2:01 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by cur
Update. The ladies at the front say breakfast is served 7-11am.

Dinner is technically done at 7pm, but most days it is gone by 6:30-6:45pm.

Brisket and roast beef are among the common (and very popular) dinner carving station items.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 2:40 pm

I've also seen a chef that cooks pasta during dinner time.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 4:16 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by FlyerJ
I find the way that food is handled at YYC MLL to be haphazard ... and a bit odd.
My experience has been consistent with yours. It's very disappointing, actually. They're clearly trying to enhance it with the chef and all that, but I was through there at lunch time the other day and there wasn't really any hot food and there were no cookies.

Haphazard is a perfect word.

It was better back when they just threw a few things out there and didn't try to be fancy about it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.