Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The market has spoken: DL announces YVR - LAX

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2014, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE100K, SPG Gold

I am happy to report that after Air Canada abandoned frequent flyers in the YVR - LAX route and moved all operations to rouge, Delta will start servicing this route!

Will Air Canada switch back to mainline service on this route?

This is great news for business travelers!
Old Jul 15, 2014, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE100K, SPG Gold
AA also adds YVR - LAX

Also, I just saw that AA will start servicing YVR - LAX on October 2. DL will start service on Jan 4. I am so happy that there are better alternative to rouge! If there were to switch back this route to mainline service, I would keep my loyalty to AC.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 10:47 am

FYI: I can confirm that several 20th Century Fox exec's (from X-Men films) were not impressed with their ACr flights! They are also concerned about talent being booked on the flights due to "first/business class" clause in their contracts.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 10:54 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
It'll be very interesting to see how many flyers actively choose Delta and AA on this route.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 10:56 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Delta is only flying this route for two weeks around Christmas and New Years.

AA are however starting the route 2x per day and here to stay.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by sluis
I am happy to report that after Air Canada abandoned frequent flyers in the YVR - LAX route and moved all operations to rouge, Delta will start servicing this route!
Might want to check the depth and duration of this service. Market has spoken indeed
This is great news for business travelers!
Great news for business travellers working over the Christmas holidays at least
Old Jul 15, 2014, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by GVA
By AA, you mean Mesa CRJ-900 service.
Time will tell if they're here to stay
Old Jul 15, 2014, 11:11 am

Programs: Non-status bottomfeeder
Also, I just saw that AA will start servicing YVR - LAX on October 2.
Very ^

LAX is useful to me, DFW isn't.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 11:28 am
Original Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.666 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
Originally Posted by GVA
Wow... Aren't you the guy who jumps on everyone else who says "time will tell" (or some variation?)
Old Jul 15, 2014, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by KenHamer
Wow... Aren't you the guy who jumps on everyone else who says "time will tell" (or some variation?)
"AA is here to stay" 3 months before the route has even started is nothing like "time will tell if Rouge is a smart idea" 1 year after Rouge is beating all expectations.
I don't doubt Mesa's lower costs might keep this lower yielding route above water. But, let's at least wait for it to start before claiming it's here to stay.

** PS- The poster might have simply been referring to it's "here to stay" as a contrast to the DL 2-week Holiday service.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 11:55 am

Didn't DL operate FLL to YYZ (Toronto) this past winter or was that a WestJet codeshare?
Old Jul 15, 2014, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by frfl37
Didn't DL operate FLL to YYZ (Toronto) this past winter or was that a WestJet codeshare?
99.9% sure DL never operated that route
Old Jul 15, 2014, 1:46 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, 50K Altitude, Nexus
The same Mesa that has two extra inches in Y, 2 more in J, plus wider seats vs the 319, 767 should be OK but business people especially in J will likely be avoiding premium rouge.

Of coarse time will tell if it will stay, routes come and go, but rouge YVR-LAX is fairly new as well (couple months now), and with limited competition. There hasn't been a full quarter of business yet so its doubtful full financials have been done, plus real test comes once the American carriers start flying the route as well.

Lots of capacity coming, winners should be people of YVR.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 1:51 pm

Programs: FT
Also, I just saw that AA will start servicing YVR - LAX on October 2. DL will start service on Jan 4. I am so happy that there are better alternative to rouge! If there were to switch back this route to mainline service, I would keep my loyalty to AC.
and having recently flown AA J (well F but we were coming from NRT) on a nice A320 between DFW and YYZ, if they put these birds on that route, i think people might say poo poo to you roooge.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
CR9s are fine in F. AA has a three row 1x2 configuration just like the E175s and I've flown the smaller CR7s often ex-YYZ. AA has a big Hollywood connection and because of that is the only US carrier with an F cabin on the enhanced service LAX-JFK route, DL/UA only offer business. AA will do fine on this route, as they will on the new LAX-YEG one, and have been doing with DFW-YEG. Me thinks Parnel doth protest too much.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.