Wiki Posts
Search

AC Gates at Boston Logan Questions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2014, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, CC Gold, UA Silver
AC Gates at Boston Logan Questions

Flying J out of Boston Logan July 4 with family. I saw United has new terminal. Anyone know if AC gates are still in the old terminal B. Also, I presume since we are J, we have access to new United lounge?

Finally, I have 1.5 hr layover in Toronto before heading onto Vancouver. Any tips on how to get to customs quickly with family of 4 (2 young ones). Thanks
Old Jul 1, 2014, 9:27 am
Suspended

Programs: AC,BA,CA,SPG,ICHG, HERTZ
Originally Posted by cdoobiest
Flying J out of Boston Logan July 4 with family. I saw United has new terminal. Anyone know if AC gates are still in the old terminal B. Also, I presume since we are J, we have access to new United lounge?

Finally, I have 1.5 hr layover in Toronto before heading onto Vancouver. Any tips on how to get to customs quickly with family of 4 (2 young ones). Thanks
UA terminal is totally separate from AC gates and require two trips through security to use UA lounge.

If you can ask for a cart pickup (and I'm not sure they do that ahead of time) at the gate they will take you to the customs area for transit pax. 1.5 hours is plenty for transiting through immigration, even with kids.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Has UA taken over the wing that US used to operate from? Last time I flew UA ex-BOS it was from a horrible seat of gates with a miserable RCC. If they have moved the old US club was very nice and terminal facilities not bad. Unfortunately the AC gates are isolated from that part of the terminal so as noted, requires a second pass through security...likely without TSA PreCheck.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by Shareholder
Has UA taken over the wing that US used to operate from? Last time I flew UA ex-BOS it was from a horrible seat of gates with a miserable RCC. If they have moved the old US club was very nice and terminal facilities not bad. Unfortunately the AC gates are isolated from that part of the terminal so as noted, requires a second pass through security...likely without TSA PreCheck.
Hmm -- all about expectations. I thought the old "RCC" in Terminal C was pretty nice and it wasn't a terrible terminal at all...the B6 gates were nicer but compared to like PHL it was absolutely fine.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

I also have US Air Club Lounge Passes. Is this still around so I don't have to reenter security for United?
Old Jul 1, 2014, 1:40 pm

I also have US Air Club Lounge Passes. Is this still around so I don't have to reenter security for United?
Lounge is still around and indeed you do not need to reenter security -- US, AA, and UA are all connected post-security now at Logan.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 2:54 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
AC is still in it's own segregated area in old Terminal B.

The new terminal B is very nice, and just opened at the end of May. Power outlets at at every single seat, chair, and table. It is a separate security check to get into the united side, and the line up for security can be quite long, if it is during the 6am-9am time block. Luckily, the security queue to get into the AC side is always short.

The United Club is very nicely appointed, with family room, tons of chairs, tables, and bar stools. The view is nice too, as there is lots of windows and it is on the upper floor.

The food/drink is standard United fare: cheese, carrots, cookies, bud light, and Pepperidge Farms cookies.. do you remember Pepperidge Farms?
Old Jul 1, 2014, 2:56 pm

Delete

Last edited by Diabeetus; Jul 1, 2014 at 2:56 pm Reason: duplicate
Old Jul 1, 2014, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Diabeetus
AC is still in it's own segregated area in old Terminal B.

The new terminal B is very nice, and just opened at the end of May. Power outlets at at every single seat, chair, and table. It is a separate security check to get into the united side, and the line up for security can be quite long, if it is during the 6am-9am time block. Luckily, the security queue to get into the AC side is always short.

The United Club is very nicely appointed, with family room, tons of chairs, tables, and bar stools. The view is nice too, as there is lots of windows and it is on the upper floor.

The food/drink is standard United fare: cheese, carrots, cookies, bud light, and Pepperidge Farms cookies.. do you remember Pepperidge Farms?
Thanks, for all of the info. We are leaving July 4 at 6:30 AM flight so I think lines will be short. I remember United club had continental breakfast in AM. May try to head over there if security lines short.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 7:47 pm

I flew AC from Logan to YYZ this week. If you go to the "new" area you will need to go through security again to get to AC in the old area. There is one coffee shop past security in the AC area, and it is very small. The security line into AC area was very short.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by Steadfast
I flew AC from Logan to YYZ this week. If you go to the "new" area you will need to go through security again to get to AC in the old area. There is one coffee shop past security in the AC area, and it is very small. The security line into AC area was very short.
And the coffee shop in the AC area is terrible.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Thanks, for all of the info. We are leaving July 4 at 6:30 AM flight so I think lines will be short. I remember United club had continental breakfast in AM. May try to head over there if security lines short.
Originally Posted by Steadfast
I walk by the AC security line quite frequently, never seen it more than half a dozen deep. The new UA club is nice, but I haven't seen anything in a UA club that would make me want to go through security an extra time purely for it.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 6:42 am

Here are the instructions:

http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...yyz_us_ca.html

There are dedicated CBSA queues for connecting passengers.

If you will be flying on AC in J to YVR or *G, you will be able to use the Maple Leaf Lounge. Use the elevator to the left after security.

Last edited by Clipper801; Jul 2, 2014 at 6:48 am
Old Jul 2, 2014, 6:30 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
I flew back from Boston at the beginning of June. The check-in agents told me that AC has an "arrangement" with US Airways to use their lounge, which is very close to security. While it means two trips through security, it was worthwhile, and the walk from the US Airways lounge to the AC security line was less than 5 minutes (including taking the down escalator to the baggage claim area and the up escalator back to the departures level).

The AC security line only took a couple of minutes, and as noted above, led to a small waiting area that was overcrowded, with a very basic coffee shop/food counter and no room to move.

I was very pleased with the recommendation to use the US Airways lounge - the staff there did not question the AC boarding card, and the lounge was spacious (not very busy at 16:00 on a Friday afternoon).
Old Jul 3, 2014, 3:01 am

Programs: AC*SE
The AC area at Logan has the shortest and easiest security lines i've experienced anywhere in the world. That makes up for any other shortcomings!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.