AC Gates at Boston Logan Questions

Old Mar 26, 2019, 1:35 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Originally Posted by Diabeetus
LOL. I miss US Airways. I used to fly them within the US because they were part of *A and had cheaper fares than UA.
That airline was so cheap....there was a moment they charged for soft drinks in Y.

That said, they were always generous about *G upgrades (not that you got much). They were a simple but effective *A airline to fly, back in the day
Old Mar 26, 2019, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by pprrff
I also miss US Airways. They had great options out of DCA while earning on *A. Not I'm stuck going to IAD for *A direct routings. (Seriously UA has no DCA-BOS flights, seems insane.)

Re: BOS, these changes will be welcomed by me even if I rarely fly there now and now not on AC.
100% agree. I go to DC from BOS frequently and avoid AA wherever I can. B6 is fine, but I am always trying to maintain my *G so end up flying UA to IAD when DCA would be so much better. Maybe when the Silver Line is finished, it'll be better, but that's still a long hike in to the District.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 5:23 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM
I’m not sure if it has been posted elsewhere, but the hellhole that is B1-B3 is no more. B1-B3 now connected to B proper, and the new concourse that is BOS B which offers some real food, seating and power.

For when your AC flight out of BOS is inevitably delayed. Inevitably.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 5:49 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC .995 MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by RatherBeInYOW
I’m not sure if it has been posted elsewhere, but the hellhole that is B1-B3 is no more. B1-B3 now connected to B proper, and the new concourse that is BOS B which offers some real food, seating and power.

Yeah!!!!! but did they fix the B1 gate, or is it still stairs??

was going to fly in to BOS this morning, but decided BDL was a better option for getting to middle of nowhere western Connecticut.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by Yhztraveller

Yeah!!!!! but did they fix the B1 gate, or is it still stairs??

was going to fly in to BOS this morning, but decided BDL was a better option for getting to middle of nowhere western Connecticut.
There is some cladding from construction so I can’t see but looking at the Halifax DH3 flight departing it looks like still stairs.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 10:14 am

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K

oh my god finally!!! Thanks!!!
Old Jun 26, 2019, 4:08 pm
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold

This is incredible, long overdue news. According to the Logan website the security checkpoint is gone, anyone know if this is true?
Old Jun 26, 2019, 5:10 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Security checkpoint was there Saturday, but if you were connecting you could just walk around to rest of terminal in both directions.

Duty free still on outside, though, so if you're wanting that it's best to cut through the center and re-clear security. Heck, I think it'd be faster to cut through and re-clear than walk all the way around anyway
Old Jun 26, 2019, 5:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC nadda, DL, WS-Nadda
Originally Posted by bigev007
Security checkpoint was there Saturday, but if you were connecting you could just walk around to rest of terminal in both directions.

Duty free still on outside, though, so if you're wanting that it's best to cut through the center and re-clear security. Heck, I think it'd be faster to cut through and re-clear than walk all the way around anyway
Is there a connection airside to get to the UC in the UA terminal.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by PJLukasik
This is incredible, long overdue news. According to the Logan website the security checkpoint is gone, anyone know if this is true?
The old B1-B3 security checkpoint is now closed.

You need to go through the main security checkpoint, which has been redone. With TSA Pre there was 0 lineup during peak evening departure time, and even the non TSA Pre looked fairly quiet.
PJLukasik and Yhztraveller like this.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 8:59 pm
m.y

Programs: AC 75k, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by yul36
Is there a connection airside to get to the UC in the UA terminal.
Yes, now UC is connected with AC gates after security.
The Lev likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 3:06 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Flew in to BOS on AC the other day for the first time since the renovations were completed (have only flown DL in and out of here the past few years). On arrival, no big deal, but man is it nice to be able to sit in the UC and just chill out until close to my flight. Nice lounge too. Great views. Just watched my inbound land and taxi in.

I think DL's A terminal is still nicer overall, but this makes it a lot more palatable to fly AC, especially departing.
ridefar and canadiancow like this.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 3:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Flew in to BOS on AC the other day for the first time since the renovations were completed (have only flown DL in and out of here the past few years). On arrival, no big deal, but man is it nice to be able to sit in the UC and just chill out until close to my flight. Nice lounge too. Great views. Just watched my inbound land and taxi in.

I think DL's A terminal is still nicer overall, but this makes it a lot more palatable to fly AC, especially departing.
Awesome to hear. Last time I was there was probably just after New Years 2018, and between bouts of cabotage, threats of denied boarding, threats of forced boarding, failed standby, concierge intervention, ... did I mention I love BOS?

Where was I... oh yeah. We ended up in the UC. But it meant we had to clear security two extra times (we did AC for the "failed standby" and "threats of forced boarding", then UA, then AC again).

Maybe one day I'll go to BOS for fun on AC.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 5:28 pm

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Awesome to hear. Last time I was there was probably just after New Years 2018, and between bouts of cabotage, threats of denied boarding, threats of forced boarding, failed standby, concierge intervention, ... did I mention I love BOS?

Where was I... oh yeah. We ended up in the UC. But it meant we had to clear security two extra times (we did AC for the "failed standby" and "threats of forced boarding", then UA, then AC again).

Maybe one day I'll go to BOS for fun on AC.

Sadly that has not changed for AC in BOS.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 9:13 pm

Programs: AC SE; SPG Platnium; HH G
Originally Posted by Adam Smith

best part is to be able to do a true pre check through security and also have access to various places to eat while waiting through the delays on AC.

no more Boston nightmares ...
bigev007 and secretalcoholic like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.