Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Gates at Boston Logan Questions

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2018, 5:17 pm

Unfortunately I fly the YYZ->BOS and BOS->YYZ routes on the regular and if anything this situation is getting worse. The normally short line for security for B1-B3 was around the corner and a long way down the corridor today catching a number of folks on the ~6:30 flight out. To boot the Ozone restaurant is undergoing renovation (I assume Legal Seafoods over on the other side is still there though).
Old Jun 1, 2018, 2:05 am

Programs: AC*SM, M&M SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by houseofzeus
Unfortunately I fly the YYZ->BOS and BOS->YYZ routes on the regular and if anything this situation is getting worse. The normally short line for security for B1-B3 was around the corner and a long way down the corridor today catching a number of folks on the ~6:30 flight out. To boot the Ozone restaurant is undergoing renovation (I assume Legal Seafoods over on the other side is still there though).
The big change last summer, and again this summer, is the YVR flight at 6:00 pm. That's another (up to) 120 people departing from this tiny gate area. It's an awful experience and I have been changing my travel pattern as much as possible to avoid it.

bawm
Old Aug 14, 2018, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, CC Gold, UA Silver
Any update on Air Canada changes at Terminal B. Agree with above comments, it is a tiny area and pain to go in there. Plus now there is a restaurant available to priority pass members inside terminal b but can't access it due to AC being at separate gate at terminal B
Old Aug 14, 2018, 7:15 am
m.y

Programs: AC 75k, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by cdoobiest
Any update on Air Canada changes at Terminal B. Agree with above comments, it is a tiny area and pain to go in there. Plus now there is a restaurant available to priority pass members inside terminal b but can't access it due to AC being at separate gate at terminal B
You can access other parts of terminal B with AC boarding pass but you'd need to reclear security at the AC gates after.
DNAwizard likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 10:40 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by cdoobiest
The theory is that the renovation project will be completed by late fall next spring. This is a Massport project to reconfigure Terminal B. There will apparently only be 1 larger security checkpoint and the AC gates (B1-3) will be connected to the rest of Terminal B. I assume this means we will be able to access the restaurants and United Lounge without having to re-clear security.

This is from a Massport report on the Terminal B Project:

"The Proposed Project would also enhance customer service and convenience by providing a seamless post-security terminal connection from the core of Terminal B, Pier B to the existing Gates B1 through B3. As shown in Figure 1-2, Gates B1 through B3 are located in the northwest corner of Terminal B and are currently served by a separate security checkpoint, thus passengers flying out of these gates are currently separated from the other Pier B gates and concession areas."

Apparently the renovations are being done to allow American to consolidate their gates with US Airways, but I do not know if it will impact United and the lounge.

Last edited by Yhztraveller; Aug 14, 2018 at 10:50 am Reason: updated info
Old Aug 14, 2018, 11:03 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
Apparently the renovations are being done to allow American to consolidate their gates with US Airways, but I do not know if it will impact United and the lounge.
US Airways? What is this, 2012? LOL
Old Aug 14, 2018, 12:52 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by jasdou
LOL. I miss US Airways. I used to fly them within the US because they were part of *A and had cheaper fares than UA.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 1:08 pm

Programs: AC E50K *G - Amtrak SelectPlus
Originally Posted by Diabeetus
LOL. I miss US Airways. I used to fly them within the US because they were part of *A and had cheaper fares than UA.
I also miss US Airways. They had great options out of DCA while earning on *A. Not I'm stuck going to IAD for *A direct routings. (Seriously UA has no DCA-BOS flights, seems insane.)

Re: BOS, these changes will be welcomed by me even if I rarely fly there now and now not on AC.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 1:54 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
There's lots of detail about the project in the environmental assessment that was done (here: https://www.massport.com/media/2420/...17_final-2.pdf)

From a schedule perspective, there is budget allocated to the project for 2018 & 2019, but not 2020 (ref: https://www.massport.com/media/2771/...al_program.pdf, search for L1375). In other words, they expect it to be all complete by 2019.

When I was last there, I asked the concierge if she knew whether the AC gates would be moving to be closer to the United gates. She said she hadn't heard that they would .... but she agreed it would be a logical move, once all the terminal B gates were linked.

Time will tell.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 5:49 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by jasdou
lol, that's a pretty quick time frame for a gov't agency to react!!
Old Aug 14, 2018, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by canopus27
There's lots of detail about the project in the environmental assessment that was done (here: https://www.massport.com/media/2420/...17_final-2.pdf)

From a schedule perspective, there is budget allocated to the project for 2018 & 2019, but not 2020 (ref: https://www.massport.com/media/2771/...al_program.pdf, search for L1375). In other words, they expect it to be all complete by 2019.

When I was last there, I asked the concierge if she knew whether the AC gates would be moving to be closer to the United gates. She said she hadn't heard that they would .... but she agreed it would be a logical move, once all the terminal B gates were linked.

Time will tell.
Apparently the three AC gates are subleased from American. Doubt they really care if AC wants to be closer to UA.

The three AC gates (B1-3) are not really close to B4 or any other gates, but I guess they would be close to the new American Lounge. Maybe American would prefer to have those gates back??
canopus27 likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 5:21 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
My brother almost missed his BOS-YHZ flight the other day because he wasn't expecting a big security lineup. He's been flying home for Christmas for the last 20 years and has always been able to zip through security at the AC gates very quickly. Not this year. He said that he had to wave at the GA who was paging him while he was putting his shoes back on. Oops.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by smallmj
My brother almost missed his BOS-YHZ flight the other day because he wasn't expecting a big security lineup. He's been flying home for Christmas for the last 20 years and has always been able to zip through security at the AC gates very quickly. Not this year. He said that he had to wave at the GA who was paging him while he was putting his shoes back on. Oops.
It has been that way later in the day for months as there are several flights leaving around the same time. Extremely crowded inside security as well. Not a pleasant experience.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 6:44 pm

AC gates connected to the main B Terminal concourse yet?

Does anyone know when the Terminal B post-security connector construction is expected to be complete to the AC gates?
Old Mar 25, 2019, 8:03 pm

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by brysal
Does anyone know when the Terminal B post-security connector construction is expected to be complete to the AC gates?
It hasn't been completed yet as of 3/25. I think a while back I saw some sort of documentation from Massport saying Q1-Q2 of 2019. But we all know how construction usually gets delayed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.