FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   AC Gates at Boston Logan Questions (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1590506-ac-gates-boston-logan-questions.html)

xray Mar 15, 2017 7:48 pm

Sit in the nice corridor landside to the right of the security checkpoint overlooking the B1-3 gates... Great white rocking chairs with a good view of the tarmac and outlets to plug in and charge your electronics.

When you see the inbound plane pulling up, you can walk through security and get on the plane. I did it twice this past weekend and it made the flight delays more bearable (the free night at the Four Seasons Boston in between probably helped too, thanks to Amex flight delay insurance) :D

steveholt Mar 15, 2017 8:05 pm

It's basically an enclosure.

canadiancow Mar 15, 2017 9:41 pm

I've only ever connected in BOS (never been to the city), and all but one of those times was AC to AC, so I've definitely spent some time in that penalty box.

jlionw Mar 16, 2017 1:56 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 28043204)
I've only ever connected in BOS (never been to the city), and all but one of those times was AC to AC, so I've definitely spent some time in that penalty box.

Sorry to derail, but how and why do you do AC to AC in BOS? Are you doing YYZ-BOS-YHZ?

quantumofforce Mar 16, 2017 4:38 am

Originally Posted by jlionw (Post 28043642)
Sorry to derail, but how and why do you do AC to AC in BOS? Are you doing YYZ-BOS-YHZ?

I'm guessing EYW (Earn Your Wings) promotion.

CZAMFlyer Mar 16, 2017 10:16 am

How is easy: book two separate tickets for routes such as the ones you suggest above. It doesn't fall foul of any freedom of the air rules to the best of my understanding.
Why is likely for EYW, as cow is an enthusiastic participant, but I'm treading too closely to speaking on his behalf here.

sokolov Mar 16, 2017 10:21 am

Is the situation going to change, now that AC will fly YVR-BOS?

TheBOSman Mar 16, 2017 10:52 am

Originally Posted by sokolov (Post 28045072)
Is the situation going to change, now that AC will fly YVR-BOS?

It is only an A319, if they time it right they could get away with just using that small area. An A319 isn't "much" larger than the E190s AC routinely flies to YYZ from BOS, and several of those share the area with flights to YUL and YOW. Worst case, maybe they would just use one of United's gates (or AA's) in the larger part of Terminal B.

canadiancow Mar 16, 2017 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by quantumofforce (Post 28043910)
I'm guessing EYW (Earn Your Wings) promotion.

Yup.

Originally Posted by CZAMFlyer (Post 28045043)
How is easy: book two separate tickets for routes such as the ones you suggest above. It doesn't fall foul of any freedom of the air rules to the best of my understanding.
Why is likely for EYW, as cow is an enthusiastic participant, but I'm treading too closely to speaking on his behalf here.

You don't even need separate tickets. AC is allowed to fly you YHZ-BOS-YYZ. UA is not (because they can't fly you between two Canadian cities), but AC is. I've booked, online, a couple tickets that connected through LGA (AC-AC).

sokolov Mar 19, 2017 6:01 pm

Oh, I would like YHZ-BOS-YVR. :-)

sokolov Mar 22, 2017 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by sokolov (Post 28058304)
Oh, I would like YHZ-BOS-YVR. :-)

Actually, on some dates, that is the cheapest option (YHZ-BOS using a UA code), notwithstanding about half a dozen US taxes combined with the full HST-charge. However, there is a 9 hour layover in Boston. While that could be nice (weather permitting), it makes for a long travel day.

In the opposite direction, the layover is under 3 hours.

In any case, AC has tough competition with WS' nonstop flights during Summer. They are really much faster.

jc94 Mar 22, 2017 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by sokolov (Post 28073384)
In any case, AC has tough competition with WS' nonstop flights during Summer. They are really much faster.

Depends on the route, AC has planes that fly 300% faster than anything else currently in the air.

YHZ_Flyer Mar 22, 2017 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by sokolov (Post 28073384)
Actually, on some dates, that is the cheapest option (YHZ-BOS using a UA code), notwithstanding about half a dozen US taxes combined with the full HST-charge. However, there is a 9 hour layover in Boston. While that could be nice (weather permitting), it makes for a long travel day.

In the opposite direction, the layover is under 3 hours.

I have a feeling WestJet's direct to Vancouver will win over a lot of the vacation crowd, and the usual crowd who swear to only fly WestJet. For me however, and I'm sure others on FT will continue to fly to YYZ, take a one hour connection to a widebody aircraft where we can get proper premium economy seats (no westjet plus garbage) or lie flat seats in J.

Mac15 Feb 23, 2018 8:38 am

Baggage pick up

I will be flying with United into Boston Logan. Where is the baggage pickup for arrivals located.
Also after bag pick up have a flight with Air Canada 2 hrs after. Where are the AC check in counters located

thanks

Yhztraveller Feb 24, 2018 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by Mac15 (Post 29450103)
I will be flying with United into Boston Logan. Where is the baggage pickup for arrivals located.
Also after bag pick up have a flight with Air Canada 2 hrs after. Where are the AC check in counters located

thanks

Boston Logan International Airport