AC Gates at Boston Logan Questions

Old Jul 3, 14, 4:51 am
Suspended

Programs: AC,BA,CA,SPG,ICHG, HERTZ
Originally Posted by gesmith10 View Post
The AC area at Logan has the shortest and easiest security lines i've experienced anywhere in the world. That makes up for any other shortcomings!
+1
Old Jul 4, 14, 4:57 pm

Programs: AC*E50K
Originally Posted by loosegoose View Post
+1
yes.. why anyone would go to the lounge at Logan for an AC flight is beyond me. OLCI, carry-on, show up 15 minutes before... you're done

(granted, different if you are with a family!)

l.
Old Jul 4, 14, 8:05 pm

When not checking a bag, I'm happy to show up 40 or so minutes before departure (but if you do this, ensure that you're checked in with a printed boarding pass - even if you've done the online check-in, the kiosk will not issue a reprint less than 60 minutes to departure).

Don't cut it too fine, as the agents will page you in the gate area to verify your documents prior to boarding.
Old May 2, 15, 9:51 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Rewards Gold, Fairmont President Club Platinum
Lounge Access? TSA Precheck?

I arrived from YOW at Logan a few days ago.

I will be leaving for YOW via YYZ tomorrow.

I would guess that the security for AC gates (B1-B3) does not have TSA precheck. But if I wanted to go to the other site of the B terminal - to access UA lounge - that does have TSA precheck?

I would guess that there is no airside way to get from the B1-B3 area to any part of the airport with a lounge?

If I arrive early enough, esp with TSA precheck, I might want to go to the UA side of Terminal B, and then go to the B1-3 area. Of course, I will have to go through security twice.
Old May 2, 15, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII View Post
I arrived from YOW at Logan a few days ago.

I will be leaving for YOW via YYZ tomorrow.

I would guess that the security for AC gates (B1-B3) does not have TSA precheck.
Correct, but it also does not have a scanner for people of any kind. Just a metal detector, and won't take long at all.

But if I wanted to go to the other site of the B terminal - to access UA lounge - that does have TSA precheck?
Yes it does have Precheck.

I would guess that there is no airside way to get from the B1-B3 area to any part of the airport with a lounge?
Correct, there is not an airside way to reach B1-B3 from a lounge area.

If I arrive early enough, esp with TSA precheck, I might want to go to the UA side of Terminal B, and then go to the B1-3 area. Of course, I will have to go through security twice.
Yes you will.

Quick word of advice, to avoid having to cross through the parking garage and the Terminal B access road twice, you can walk around to the US Airways airside area from the UA Club location, but this can only be done airside. So I would, when leaving the UA Club, stay airside and walk in the direction of the lower numbered gates, then exit security on the US Airways side before walking down to the AC gates. Just my opinion on it .
Old May 2, 15, 11:46 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Plat/Lifetime Gold, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat
There is quasi precheckinto the AC gates, they give you a card to show the officer with your boarding pass that relaxes some of the regulations.

Also depending on the time of your flight and how early you are you can potentially use the LH lounge, but it's a LONG way away (20 minutes walking/20 minutes by shuttle). Last time I was there they opened 15 minutes late so I was further limited in my enjoyment time. Again the international security section has precheck.

Last edited by Nitehawk; May 2, 15 at 11:54 am
Old May 2, 15, 12:37 pm

Programs: AC*S100K, M&M SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by TheBOSman View Post
Correct, but it also does not have a scanner for people of any kind. Just a metal detector, and won't take long at all.
This is not correct (although it was a while back). There is a normal scanner and a metal detector. If you have TSA PreCheck, you are eligible for expedited screening (shoes on, light jacket on, through the metal detector). Otherwise it's the full scan like most any other point in BOS.

bawm
Old May 2, 15, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by bawm View Post
This is not correct (although it was a while back). There is a normal scanner and a metal detector. If you have TSA PreCheck, you are eligible for expedited screening (shoes on, light jacket on, through the metal detector). Otherwise it's the full scan like most any other point in BOS.

bawm
Ah good to know, it has been probably 6 months since I was over that way. Surprised they have the room to fit both of those there! Thanks for the update.
Old May 2, 15, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Tit, HH Diamond, Hyatt Disc, Accor Gold, UA Silver
Just hope the agents don't accuse you of sabotage, or CBP may decide to rifle through your bags in the jet bridge.
Old May 2, 15, 9:23 pm

Programs: AC 100K SE (*G), Marriott P, SPG G, Hilton D
Update: US Airways lounge is now AA lounge

I was just at the BOS Terminal B a month ago and AC still has a deal going with the AA lounge (formerly US Airways lounge).

I found this lounge much nicer than United! They had some hot soup and some nice snacks (as well as self-serve bar).

You will still have to do security twice, but they had pre-check for the main terminal area. Then they have an expedited process for AC departures area where you still have to pull your liquids / laptop out but can keep shoes on.
Old May 2, 15, 9:51 pm

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, WS Gold, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by philelite View Post
I was just at the BOS Terminal B a month ago and AC still has a deal going with the AA lounge (formerly US Airways lounge).

I found this lounge much nicer than United! They had some hot soup and some nice snacks (as well as self-serve bar).

You will still have to do security twice, but they had pre-check for the main terminal area. Then they have an expedited process for AC departures area where you still have to pull your liquids / laptop out but can keep shoes on.
Thank you for the info. Very timely as I'm heading there (and back) this week.
Old May 2, 15, 9:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
Just hope the agents don't accuse you of sabotage, or CBP may decide to rifle through your bags in the jet bridge.
Sabotage? Or Cabotage?

*I have no idea what cabotage even means, but i'm pretty sure it's not sabotage mr. cow
Old May 3, 15, 3:10 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Rewards Gold, Fairmont President Club Platinum
I came from BOS to YYZ today; I am waiting for flight to YOW.

The check-in agent said lounge access is now UA only.

In terms of TSA pre-check- it is not quite that.

The TSA agents said that in situations, where there is just one security lane for passengers, they can not have TSA precheck - they not one dedicated lane for that.

However, they have a process call TSA expedited screening - or nicknamed TSA precheck light (lite).

Basically, one keeps items on one's person one with take off with regular TSA screening - ie shoes, belt, light sweater or jacket. However, one needs to remove liquids and laptop from one's hand luggage, and put them in conveyor belt to be screened separately.
Old May 3, 15, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Tit, HH Diamond, Hyatt Disc, Accor Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin View Post
Sabotage? Or Cabotage?

*I have no idea what cabotage even means, but i'm pretty sure it's not sabotage mr. cow
Sabotage.
Old May 4, 15, 7:11 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Any tips for going the opposite way?
We are on an AC flight YYZ-BOS landing at Terminal B then heading to Terminal E for TK BOS-IST.(all J seats) We'll have pre-clearance in YYZ. Walk or take shuttle from B to E? Lounge at E?
Thanks

Search this Thread
Search Engine: