FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   YEG Summer Patio Do (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1583088-yeg-summer-patio-do.html)

tcook052 Jun 5, 2014 3:24 pm

YEG Summer Patio Do

A few folks have asked whether we were doing the annual Patio Do in YEG over the Summer and so thought after talking to a friend who's in town for 2 days in July I would get the discussion started and see how many members we can get out to an event.

This mystery guest is in town so could attend either Mon., 14 July or Tues., 15 July so would hope to make those the preferred dates, though appreciate it may not work well for everyone. We can discuss a venue but the prerequisite is that it must have a patio and hopefully we can luck out with some warm weather.

I'm available for either date but hope many more can make it out.

Altaflyer Jun 5, 2014 3:34 pm

It's bound to snow on those dates now :)

tcook052 Jun 5, 2014 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by Altaflyer (Post 22984958)
It's bound to snow on those dates now :)

Hopefully not. Last Summer our plans were thwarted not by the weather but by an injury to a patio server causing the restaurant to fully close the patio on a cloudless warm evening.

siaa380 Jun 5, 2014 4:18 pm

:/ I've been trying to come out to a YEG Do for a while now and something always come up. This time I'll be in HKG on the $400 fares.

RCyyz Jun 5, 2014 8:43 pm

Any chance of doing this on a Friday evening? (Or even a Saturday ...)

stinger Jun 5, 2014 8:55 pm

I could make those dates, what about OJ's in Terwilliger? It is the location of the first YEG Do I attended years ago.

pewpew Jun 6, 2014 12:36 am

I've missed every Do thus far, and this one will be no different :mad:

But have fun; I hope it doesn't snow on you guys :D

canadiancow Jun 6, 2014 1:21 am

Saturday Saturday Saturday!

:p

tcook052 Jun 8, 2014 12:24 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 22986943)
Saturday Saturday Saturday!

:p

If we hold it on a weekend you saying you'll make a guest appearance? :p

I know weekends work better for us locals but our mystery guest from the Far East (Toronto) is in town only on set days so do we opt for a weekend to appease the masses or plan for a friend's visit?

canadiancow Jun 8, 2014 12:37 am

Originally Posted by tcook052 (Post 22996225)
If we hold it on a weekend you saying you'll make a guest appearance? :p

I know weekends work better for us locals but our mystery guest from the Far East (Toronto) is in town only on set days so do we opt for a weekend to appease the masses or plan for a friend's visit?

If I can make it without missing work (for YEG, that requires a Saturday night for me), and I have no other plans, I will attend.

A vote might be better to decide this. We should do what's best for everyone (and in this case, that might be accommodating your mystery guest).

yyznomad Jun 8, 2014 3:04 pm

Although I have flown through YEG, I have never been in YEG.
I wouldn't mind making this my first time.
I am available Tuesdays and Wednesday nights generally... which probably sucks for everyone else though. Oh well.

tcook052 Jun 17, 2014 6:01 pm

Time to bump this thread to see whether anyone wants to commit to a particular date if not the ones mentioned in the OP, 14th or 15th July. If weekends work better for all then that can be accommodated but let's get some traction.

As to a venue I was discussing with a fellow local FTer about finding space on MKT's patio. This Old Strathcona location boasts an impressive beer selection and decent eats.

Altaflyer Jun 17, 2014 6:46 pm

I cannot do the 14th but could the 15th. MKT has a zillion beers on tap so that suits me fine. OJ's in Terwillegar is also a great location for me :). (I can practically see it from home)

7E7 Jun 17, 2014 7:21 pm

Should be able to make, just depends on work....

YEGcited Jun 17, 2014 8:19 pm

As of right now, those dates work fine for me and kudos to the fellow FTer that you chatted with, tcook052, for suggesting MKT from MSP :D