Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Upgrade credits used - but not used?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2014, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC Altitude E35K, *Silve, UA Premier Silver, Marriott Platinum, SPG Preferred Plus, a bunch of other

Not sure if this is normal but thought I would ask here before trying to get some satisfaction from AC.....

Was on standby for an upgrade, but due to unforeseen circumstances, ended up paying a change fee and taking an earlier flight than scheduled, with no upgrade on the changed flight.
Am looking at my upgrade credits screen and it still seems to say that 6 credits were used for the upgrade (even though it did not clear)....

But when I click on the Booking Number it says "You were not upgraded to the Business Class cabin for any flights associated with this booking. No eUpgrade Credits or eUpgrade Add-on were collected, and no waitlisted upgrade requests remain."

Was quite sure I had 33 credits before the flight, and now it still shows that I only have 27....
Old May 15, 2014, 8:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Give it a few days. They should come back. If they're not back in a week, call in.
Old May 15, 2014, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC Altitude E35K, *Silve, UA Premier Silver, Marriott Platinum, SPG Preferred Plus, a bunch of other
Thanks, it has been 5 weeks so I guess I will have to call :-(
Old May 15, 2014, 10:48 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by Vader
Thanks, it has been 5 weeks so I guess I will have to call :-(
I've had this happen a couple of times with cancelled flight pass bookings that were upgraded in advance. I did have to call in, but it was easily fixed.
Old May 15, 2014, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
There is a link on the e upgrade website to report irregularities.
Old May 15, 2014, 9:12 pm
alc

Originally Posted by margarita girl
There is a link on the e upgrade website to report irregularities.
and this is the link:

http://www.aircanada.com/en/aeroplan...ades/form.html

I had this exact same situation happened to me before for my friend that I sponsor. Once I contact them, within 2 days, the upgrade credits was manually added back to my account.
Old May 20, 2014, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Thanks All, I used the online form and will wait to see what happens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.