AC Presence on FT

Old Dec 31, 14, 2:30 am
  #1351  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Toronto YYZ UA-1K 1MM,QFgold
Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Posts: 14,285
Originally Posted by CloudsBelow View Post
This place used to be the source of a lot of interesting aviation/airline/operation insight thanks to the actual people working for AC who took the time to post here.

.
Oh and some still post and created new handles, surly you have figured that out.
Other who worked for Aeroplan were fired for posting here. So it goes both ways
why fly is offline  
Old Dec 31, 14, 9:50 am
  #1352  
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: YYT/YYZ
Programs: AC*SE, AC*MM, SPG Gold, FPC Plat, HHonors Diamond, PC Plat Elite, R&C Club 5C, Hyatt GP
Posts: 2,201
Originally Posted by why fly View Post
Oh and some still post and created new handles, surly you have figured that out.
Surly is the mot juste.
antirealist is offline  
Old Dec 31, 14, 10:09 am
  #1353  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ontario, CAN
Posts: 5,813
Originally Posted by Allvest View Post
I would say most of what AC reps have been positing about are either platitudes, euphemistic enhancement announcements and otherwise utter BS, subject to change without notice.
Then don't read it. Move on.
Originally Posted by Allvest View Post
FT is not ACs private PR channel.
No one said it was. Whine, cry and blubber in your area of the big FT sandbox here. Those eager to join you will, but don't bring your whine to all the areas in the sandbox it's not wanted.
Originally Posted by Allvest View Post
If those boys can't handle being called out or exposed on lies, they shouldn't be here in the first place.
If you came to my office to insult me and call me out, I'd politely ask you to leave or simply not respond. If you tried it most other places the ending would be much different. They're representing AC here, often on company time.
Originally Posted by KenHamer View Post
This place was a source of a lot of interesting aviation/airline/operation insight long before the airlines even knew it existed.
Exactly what Operational insight do we get here from posters? Please. We can all SEE a route has been started/cancelled/upgauged/re-timed etc - Was nice to know WHY it was. We speculate and debate, they KNOW.
AC reps would bring 10 pages of speculation and debate to a halt in 1 post. Because they have real FACTS. I, for one, miss that.

Last edited by tcook052; Dec 31, 14 at 11:00 am Reason: snark
CloudsBelow is offline  
Old Dec 31, 14, 11:40 am
  #1354  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: YUL
Programs: AC*E50 (*A Gold), Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Gold Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum, NEXUS, Global Entry
Posts: 5,425
Originally Posted by CloudsBelow View Post
If you came to my office to insult me and call me out, I'd politely ask you to leave or simply not respond. If you tried it most other places the ending would be much different. They're representing AC here, often on company time.
In fairness, if you threw out enough of your customers, you'd have no business left to run. Anger is a very real and useful tool in any business, whether you like it or not. Sure, you want to keep its usage to a minimum -- otherwise you just become the guy who's always miserable -- but the same can be said about bending over backwards to keep your customers happy.

It's not black or white.
ffsim is offline  
Old Dec 31, 14, 12:19 pm
  #1355  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: YYZ
Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Posts: 19,284
Originally Posted by CloudsBelow View Post

If you came to my office to insult me and call me out, I'd politely ask you to leave or simply not respond.
Umm, this isn't their office?
superangrypenguin is offline  
Old Dec 31, 14, 2:44 pm
  #1356  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Offline
Programs: No pride in status
Posts: 4,153
Originally Posted by CloudsBelow View Post
Then don't read it. Move on.

No one said it was. Whine, cry and blubber in your area of the big FT sandbox here. Those eager to join you will, but don't bring your whine to all the areas in the sandbox it's not wanted.


If you came to my office to insult me and call me out, I'd politely ask you to leave or simply not respond. If you tried it most other places the ending would be much different. They're representing AC here, often on company time.

Exactly what Operational insight do we get here from posters? Please. We can all SEE a route has been started/cancelled/upgauged/re-timed etc - Was nice to know WHY it was. We speculate and debate, they KNOW.
AC reps would bring 10 pages of speculation and debate to a halt in 1 post. Because they have real FACTS. I, for one, miss that.
I appreciate the dialogue, but this isn't AC's sandbox (they have Facebook and twitter, their websites and Aeroplan to toot their horn). AC insulted their most frequent travellers first by saying their upgrading "cheapens" AC's J class. That's the most moronic and demeaning thing they could have come up with. And instead of apologizing on the spot, they make it worse by calling me a "bully" for pointing it out. I took the comment quite personally, as a 30-year customer of the AC product.

FT is flyertalk. Not AT (Airline management) marketing spin talk.

And the mods here do a fine job weeding out over-the-top and OT commentaries. I think the appreciation should go to them. We are all here giving AC management valuable insights into our views, impressions, observations, suggestions and comments. Maybe it's time they expressed THEIR appreciation for the time WE spend shouting at them.
Allvest is offline  
Old Dec 31, 14, 3:32 pm
  #1357  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: YYC
Programs: AC SE 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Posts: 3,206
Originally Posted by Allvest View Post
I appreciate the dialogue, but this isn't AC's sandbox (they have Facebook and twitter, their websites and Aeroplan to toot their horn). AC insulted their most frequent travellers first by saying their upgrading "cheapens" AC's J class. That's the most moronic and demeaning thing they could have come up with. And instead of apologizing on the spot, they make it worse by calling me a "bully" for pointing it out. I took the comment quite personally, as a 30-year customer of the AC product.

FT is flyertalk. Not AT (Airline management) marketing spin talk.

And the mods here do a fine job weeding out over-the-top and OT commentaries. I think the appreciation should go to them. We are all here giving AC management valuable insights into our views, impressions, observations, suggestions and comments. Maybe it's time they expressed THEIR appreciation for the time WE spend shouting at them.
+1. Well said.

Just because they come from AC doesn't entitle them to anything different here than cloudsbelow or Allvest or Dorian or SAP or whoever. Nor should they be allowed (or encouraged or free from criticism or however you want to put it) when they come here and reiterate marketing messages--put spin before honesty--to do so with impunity and without people questioning or disagreeing with them. A nasty message delivered honestly is way better than a nasty message delivered in PR speak. Nobody here needs to put lipstick on a pig. If the truth hurts, tough. And that cuts both ways. (Me too.) But the forums do give us a venue to vent and discuss. And if AC folks think they should be exempt from all that, I fail to see why. And if they can't handle criticism, they shouldn't be here. I guess we pretty much know the answer to that question now, don't we? They have more to learn here from us than we do from them however, so it really is their loss.
ridefar is offline  
Old Dec 31, 14, 3:44 pm
  #1358  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Never home.
Posts: 2,967
Originally Posted by ridefar View Post
They have more to learn here from us than we do from them however, so it really is their loss.
It's really not their loss at all. They could just silently read without contributing useful info here and there like they did. By doing so they still get 100% of their 'benefit' of our opinions and we get 0% of the benefit they gave contributing.
winnipegrev is offline  
Old Dec 31, 14, 5:12 pm
  #1359  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: West
Posts: 3,355
I don't think they should be here or anywhere else on FT to provide "special information", the information should be released publicly to all customers current and future. If anywhere, representatives should be at AC web sites and and at customer service centers. After-all that is where most pax would look for help not FT. FT is a club. If they choose to read posts here, they should stick to correcting misinformation of posters. I think its absolutely wrong for AC management to take requests from posters here to resolve issues that belong to customer service department tasks which. Only smaaaall portion of their customers are here and the problems needing fixing are muuuuuuuch more than posted here. Otherwise it is discrimination at the highest level. The only way I can accept AC involvement in this thread is if they link this site to their own and advertize that this is their official customer service site.
1Newflyer is offline  
Old Dec 31, 14, 5:19 pm
  #1360  
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: YYC
Programs: AC SE100K, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 4,033
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer View Post
I don't think they should be here or anywhere else on FT to provide "special information", the information should be released publicly to all customers current and future. If anywhere, representatives should be at AC web sites and and at customer service centers. After-all that is where most pax would look for help not FT. FT is a club. If they choose to read posts here, they should stick to correcting misinformation of posters. I think its absolutely wrong for AC management to take requests from posters here to resolve issues that belong to customer service department tasks which. Only smaaaall portion of their customers are here and the problems needing fixing are muuuuuuuch more than posted here. Otherwise it is discrimination at the highest level. The only way I can accept AC involvement in this thread is if they link this site to their own and advertize that this is their official customer service site.
Like it or not, good customer service is provided where and when the customer wants, not the company. That's why AC (and other airlines and hotels) are on here, and facebook, and twitter, and instagram, and youtube, and... and... and... it goes on. Welcome to the modern customer service environment.
rehoult is offline  
Old Dec 31, 14, 5:57 pm
  #1361  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: West
Posts: 3,355
Originally Posted by rehoult View Post
Like it or not, good customer service is provided where and when the customer wants, not the company. That's why AC (and other airlines and hotels) are on here, and facebook, and twitter, and instagram, and youtube, and... and... and... it goes on. Welcome to the modern customer service environment.
You consider this thread to be a good customer service where since November 19 to yesterday not a single post from anyone and even longer from AC. If you meant the modern customer non-service, I would agree.
1Newflyer is offline  
Old Dec 31, 14, 5:58 pm
  #1362  
Formerly known as tireman77
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Programs: ACA
Posts: 4,508
Originally Posted by Allvest View Post
...saying their upgrading "cheapens" AC's J class..
Is there a place or time or moment in the universe when people will get over this????

It was one single comment posted in a heated discussion on a contentious topic.

FFS... PLEASE get over this or change airlines. I'm really getting sick of a dozen or so people bringing this up at every possible chance.

If you're that offended by that single comment then PLEASE find a psy. to talk to or fly Westjet/Porter/other TATL/TPAC/SA airlines or move to a different city!! Anything!!!!!!

Either that one of those or drink a cup of concrete and toughen up. Can we please move on from this in 2015!!!!

Wow... I feel so much better now.
PLeblond is offline  
Old Dec 31, 14, 6:00 pm
  #1363  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Never home.
Posts: 2,967
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer View Post
You consider this thread to be a good customer service where since November 19 to yesterday not a single post from anyone and even longer from AC. If you meant the modern customer non-service, I would agree.
That's because people know that if they want something answered by Ben you post it in the official Q&A located conveniently at the top of the list of forum topics. Not here.

By the way, on that thread Ben posted 45 times in the last month and most choose to PM about specific questions for privacy reasons of which we don't know how many he's helped. What a non-service he's been providing /s
winnipegrev is offline  
Old Dec 31, 14, 6:01 pm
  #1364  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: SFO
Programs: AC S100K, Accor Gold, Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond
Posts: 32,198
Originally Posted by PLeblond View Post
Is there a place or time or moment in the universe when people will get over this????

It was one single comment posted in a heated discussion on a contentious topic.

FFS... PLEASE get over this or change airlines. I'm really getting sick of a dozen or so people bringing this up at every possible chance.

If you're that offended by that single comment then PLEASE find a psy. to talk to or fly Westjet/Porter/other TATL/TPAC/SA airlines or move to a different city!! Anything!!!!!!

Either that one of those or drink a cup of concrete and toughen up. Can we please move on from this in 2015!!!!

Wow... I feel so much better now.
I'm not offended by it. I just find it amusing.
canadiancow is offline  
Old Dec 31, 14, 6:02 pm
  #1365  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: YYZ
Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Posts: 19,284
There still seems to be so much anger amongst FTers about the 2015 changes....it's New Years Eve!! Can we all be nice for the last few hours (those of us in Canada) of 2014? Debating about a topic is all good (based entirely on merit/logic), and if there are some posters who constantly infuriate you, hit the ignore button and move on.
superangrypenguin is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: