Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Presence on FT

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2014, 2:27 pm
formerly with Air Canada

Originally Posted by Mel Every
I would like to know which remaining Caribbean destinations are going to become Rouge flights, Nd exactly when: specifically YYZ-ANU.
Perhaps the "Bens" at AC can answer.
We'll be announcing our full winter mainline/rouge/express 2014/2015 schedule within the next 4-6 weeks. Similar timeline as in previous years.
Old May 25, 2014, 2:33 pm
formerly with Air Canada

Originally Posted by jbb
This question is purely to fulfill my curiosity and was sparked by another thread on the new airport in Fort McMurray and the tidbit that AC expressed initial interest in putting an MLL there.

I have always wondered why it is that YQR had an MLL but not YXE. Are there really that many more J-class and elite passengers in Regina than Saskatoon (which is slightly bigger in population and has a busier airport). Or, is it an issue of space? Coming from Alberta, where the mantra of every Edmontonian and Calgarian is "if the other city has one, then so must we", I would think that this might be quite a sore point for Saskatonian FFers!

Also, why is it that YQK does not have a properly branded MLL?
I believe it is a relic of when we were a crown corporation. We also had a dedicated MLL in YQB at one point.
Old May 25, 2014, 2:35 pm
formerly with Air Canada

Originally Posted by bingocallerb22
Interesting answer. Why do I suspect that you may not fully understand the full extent of the problem? I, if not many here, can assure you often it has nothing to do with some new policy. But if this is the AC perception then it will be a long wait to see an improvement. Could it be that things are so complicated now and so many changes happening, it seems almost a Herculean task to keep everyone trained up?
Your memberships list LAN as your preferred carrier. Do you ever fly AC? Do you have a question or specific clarification you'd like further information on?
Old May 25, 2014, 2:37 pm
formerly with Air Canada

Originally Posted by Jagboi
The last few times I've had a booking made through a travel agent, I noticed that I can't add my Aeroplan number to the booking through Manage My Bookings. Would it be possible to add more functionality to the Manage My Bookings tab so that I have the same options, no matter if the ticket is purchased through AC.com or any other channel?
This will be a new feature of our updated web.
Old May 25, 2014, 2:39 pm
formerly with Air Canada

Originally Posted by Trinidoc94
So I will first say that I have been a flyertalk lurker for many years and I would like to thank the community for all the helpful info that I have learned from the forum. It is also nice to see that the Bens seem to be listening to the views of the forums hence I wanted to comment on the priority boarding on AC flights.

It seems that the priority boarding announcement is always followed by more than half the plane coming up to board especially with all of the credit cards which give this privilege now. As a frequent revenue J customer I must admit that this is somewhat annoying as this is the reason why I am paying a hefty premium for this benefit.

I firmly believe that AC needs to restructure this procedure. Possible scenarios of
1. J class and SE 100K, MMs (you've earned that right)
2. E75, 50, 35 and 25K and *G
3. Credit card non status fliers
4. Non status general boarding
As mentioned earlier this is high on our priority list and will be addressed and improved shortly.
Old May 25, 2014, 2:41 pm

Programs: WestJet Gold; E35K/*Silver
Originally Posted by Ben Smith
I didn't say that. What I did say is there are numerous new market opportunities we are studying for both rouge and mainline.
I know some people will think I'm off my head in saying this, but if YYT was given a European route, on Rouge even if only once or twice a week but year round... I would rejoice.

No fun travelling 1300 miles the wrong way
Old May 25, 2014, 2:43 pm
formerly with Air Canada

Originally Posted by guessaaa
For the rouge A319s, why did you go with 3x3 Euro-J seating for premium rouge instead of 2x2 seating, especially if you are selling it as a business class and not as a premium economy? Seems like the middle blocked seat is just wasted space at the expense of comfort.

Actually, after typing the above, I reviewed the seat layout for these aircraft again, and it now shows 2x2 seating. Are you changing out the seats or is this a misrepresentation? The booking engine still shows 3x3. http://www.aircanada.com/en/about/fl...-100rouge.html
Seat map is a misrepresentation and will be updated shortly.
Current seating allows for flexibility between Premium rouge/y flights and all y flights
Old May 25, 2014, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
I believe there's a major issue on the AC website: When making a dummy booking for LHR-YVR-SFO and selecting the Premium Economy fare option the following message is displayed:

"Flight AC 1844 (YVR-SFO): This flight is operated by Air Canada rouge. You will be seated in Premium rouge."

However, when pre-viewing the seat map only rows 4 and up are available, also the booking class displayed on the last page before making the payment is B - which would suggest one actually ends up in Economy class and in not Premium Rouge - as advertised.
Old May 25, 2014, 3:48 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Your memberships list LAN as your preferred carrier. Do you ever fly AC? Do you have a question or specific clarification you'd like further information on?
He is asking why "Hang Up and Call Again" is the best strategy with your reservation agents when dealing with complex itineraries and variable quality phone reps. Seems pretty clear to me and valid considering the hour long wait times we deal with when calling your airline.
Old May 25, 2014, 4:16 pm

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
I believe there's a major issue on the AC website: When making a dummy booking for LHR-YVR-SFO and selecting the Premium Economy fare option the following message is displayed:

"Flight AC 1844 (YVR-SFO): This flight is operated by Air Canada rouge. You will be seated in Premium rouge."

However, when pre-viewing the seat map only rows 4 and up are available, also the booking class displayed on the last page before making the payment is B - which would suggest one actually ends up in Economy class and in not Premium Rouge - as advertised.
As we are discussing website idiosyncracies for the Ben's, here is one: sometimes when selecting routes with at least 2 legs, the eUp availability is inconsistently displayed. Eg: YEG-YYC-YYZ (just as an example), and you will see the same flight (AC164) showing eUp availability with one connection, but on another connection, none showing. First flight from YEG could be at 8:00, second alternative at 9:00. No reason for that, it is just a bug. Doesnt happen consistently, but it happens regularly.
Old May 25, 2014, 4:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
As mentioned earlier this is high on our priority list and will be addressed and improved shortly.
Please consider not putting 35K's and (giving 25K's priority boarding) with the same as *G. E50K's and 75K's should have priority over *S...
Old May 25, 2014, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by Allvest
...and even international scam Z fares (which connect to Y on codeshares for no apparent reason)
Bens,

This is one you should look in to - many Z fares on aircanada.com with a connecting codeshare book the codeshare in Y, but if booked on another travel site the entire booking (including codeshare) is in business class for the same price.

Presumably you are happier having us go to your site to book rather than to a third party.
Old May 25, 2014, 5:10 pm

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Actually it does not list LAN as my preferred airline. It lists me as Ambassador: LAN LANPASS for the FT LP forum. This means I have agreed to translate if necessary, to make sure people are welcomed, and to spend extra time there to be as helpful as I can on that forum, given my expertise. I can be frank and feisty there, just as I can be frank and feisty here. It does not mean I do not fly AC – I do, often, but less now than before. Still, it sure is interesting comparing the two airlines and their FF programs (you don't want to know ). I fly enough that I can have status on both OneWorld and *A.

Yes, I did ask a specific question. I noted that “hang up and call again” is a often recommended strategy here on the AC FT forum. I asked about AC's perspective about HUCA. I was disappointed with the answer. I also asked if you fly other airlines much, but did not receive an answer.

(I smile when I think of the number of your AC employees who have PMed me for assistance – perhaps they have a higher opinion of me that you seem to have).

Last edited by bingocallerb22; May 25, 2014 at 5:57 pm
Old May 25, 2014, 6:09 pm

Ben(s)

This isn't about some crazy person demanding to bring onboard her pink poodle. It's about seasoned, very frequent and long term fliers voicing their opinions and frustrations.
That could be the quote of the year.
Old May 25, 2014, 6:19 pm

The most annoying thing is marketing something it isn't. Case in point (and there are many!): FE has been crap for years. Yet it's touted as something like the best in the world. One can't even hear the sound for all the screeching and interference. What kind of dummy designed those systems? And who purchased them? And who allows them to be in continuous use? It's taking the customer for a fool, at $3 a headset per time.
Just wondering if you could clarify... what is FE? Since you talk about headphones and interference I assume you are talking about the IFE... if so I'll just say the sound is always fine on all of my flights in the last few years, you just have to pull your headphones out about 1mm and it works well.

And though the system is laggy I still find it quite good.

At the risk of having the mods delete my entire post for going off topic... I'll also point out I noticed on my 787 flights this past weekend that commercials are now a thing of the past with the Panasonic IFE. No more fast forwarding, they simply aren't there! Thank you AC, please don't add them back with a software update though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.