Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Presence on FT

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2014, 8:54 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Ben, are you going to be at the 787 do on Tuesday ?

Would be great for some FT'ers to put a face to the name (maybe it will prevent some people from being nasty )
Flying Blue Director
Original Poster

Originally Posted by airbus320
Welcome Ben.

Your time spent posting in the forum and previously as a lurker will prepare you for the occasional spirited discussions in the AC forum.
Spirited? That's an understatement

Programs: AP SE, Bonvoy Plat, HH Gold, EC Executive, Hertz Pres Circle, Avis Pres Club
Hey there Ben. We are always glad to have someone "in the know" who can join our discussions. It will be helpful to have someone who understands the FT community engage with us. ACYYZ/SD has always provided valuable contributions but I am hopeful your role will be more of a point of contact between those invested (often heavily) in their relationship with AC and AC's top management.

Best of luck!
Old May 14, 2014, 8:55 am
Flying Blue Director
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lcohen999
Ben, are you going to be at the 787 do on Tuesday ?

Would be great for some FT'ers to put a face to the name (maybe it will prevent some people from being nasty )
Unfortunately I have to be in FRA on Tuesday, otherwise I would have loved to go! We have an employee event on Sunday and I can't go that one either
Old May 14, 2014, 9:01 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Welcome Ben!! :-: :-: :-:

Always always always greatly appreciate people from the company joining in on the conversation. ^

That's hella awesome, to achieve your goal from when you were young to work at AC ^ ^ ^

But as you can see from almost every topic in the AC forum lately, conversations can quickly turn venomous . Hope you have fireproof armor or really thick skin

Hopefully today will begin a new chapter in how AC will treat its most engaged frequent flyers
Old May 14, 2014, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by benjybl
Hi all,
Ben
Welcome Ben.
Buckle up.
Kidding, kidding.

(Not sure if you can speak to operational items?) If so, I'd appreciate any info on the odd 77L deployment. Is there a 777 re-config that's affecting how/where they're going to be used?
Also, Any news on PEK slots for the (possible) YULPEK 787 service?

Last edited by CloudsBelow; May 14, 2014 at 9:07 am
Old May 14, 2014, 9:09 am

I look forward to starting the conversation with you.
This is welcome news, and welcome "back." Congratulations on your new role.
Old May 14, 2014, 9:29 am
Flying Blue Director
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
Welcome Ben.
Buckle up.
Kidding, kidding.

(Not sure if you can speak to operational items?) If so, I'd appreciate any info on the odd 77L deployment. Is there a 777 re-config that's affecting how/where they're going to be used?
Could you clarify what you mean by 'odd' deployment?

Last edited by Ben Lipsey; May 14, 2014 at 9:57 am
Old May 14, 2014, 9:34 am

Could you clarify what you mean by 'odd' deployment? We will eventually be reconfiguring our 777s to bring them in line with the 787 fleet but for the moment there isn't anything major going on that I know of.
The winter 77L schedule has oddities like YYZ-LHR, which is a terrible route for that plane given it's high cost and low pax count. But it would make sense if the 77L seat swap is going to begin as the rest of the schedule only requires 4.5 aircraft so it'd be an easy aircraft to swap out and work on.
Old May 14, 2014, 9:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Welcome Ben!

It's great to see more AC employees reading and responding in the forum.
Old May 14, 2014, 9:43 am
Flying Blue Director
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
Still working on getting more/better slots.
Old May 14, 2014, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by rehoult
The winter 77L schedule has oddities like YYZ-LHR, which is a terrible route for that plane given it's high cost and low pax count.
And 77L to Barbados? Or was that just a typo?
Old May 14, 2014, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
The winter 77L schedule has oddities like YYZ-LHR, which is a terrible route for that plane given it's high cost and low pax count. But it would make sense if the 77L seat swap is going to begin as the rest of the schedule only requires 4.5 aircraft so it'd be an easy aircraft to swap out and work on.
Not to mention the 77L being scheduled to operate YYZ-BGI which is among the last aircrafts I´ve expect to operate that route.
Old May 14, 2014, 9:56 am

Also would like to extend a warm welcome to Ben!
Will be interesting to have another "insider" point of view when things start heating up!
Old May 14, 2014, 10:00 am
Flying Blue Director
Original Poster

Well our deployments change according to season, due to heavy maintenance requirements, aircraft rotations etc. We try to be consistent but as our fleet and network changes, our deployments will change.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.