Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Presence on FT

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2015, 8:08 am
Suspended

AC customer service message

Somebody worked on the customer service template.

"Please be assured it is our greatest desire to make flying with Air Canada as pleasant as possible and we remain focused on providing an enjoyable travel experience. I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for your long-standing loyalty to Air Canada. It is truly appreciated"

Kudos. Better than the official rep here...
Old Jul 1, 2015, 8:09 am

Programs: *$ Green
I am enjoying this thread.

This is 10/10 trolling, like an aircraft trolley.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 10:49 am

Programs: AC SE100, SPG Plat, Visa Inf Priv
Honestly people. Is AC really going to rank input from FT over that from select SE or corporate clients. They have access to data and ultimately are in business to make money. If you don't like what they're doing, try BA or DL, maybe UA.

I'm glad they lurk and participate.

Being obnoxious or openly hostile (from either side) isn't helpful.

Happy Canada Day to All!
Old Jul 1, 2015, 11:00 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Allvest
A

Nice edit.

What a joke.

Literally or figuratively FT doesn't matter. So I hope you have better things to do with your life than hang around here
I'm glad Ben is on here. Yes, you've mentioned time and time again that his presence is of no value to you (even though he has tried and then you lambasted him for it) but please, let's have some decency around here.

Last edited by tcook052; Jul 1, 2015 at 11:53 am Reason: personal comments
Old Jul 1, 2015, 12:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
I'm glad Ben is on here. Yes, you've mentioned time and time again that his presence is of no value to you (even though he has tried and then you lambasted him for it) but please, let's have some decency around here.
Naturally it makes sense for AC to pay people to deal with social media and post, its important for AC profitability, otherwise they would not do it.

Last edited by tcook052; Jul 1, 2015 at 12:48 pm Reason: personal comments
Old Jul 1, 2015, 12:58 pm
Flying Blue Director
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ffsim
This makes total sense ^

This, before your well-advised edit, didn't

I'll back away from this now because you've clearly understood the message, whether you think it was pedantic or not. I'll just leave you with one more thought: please remember that many of us are asking AC to treat us like adults. Exaggerating our unimportantance clearly has the opposite effect you were trying to achieve because it leads inevitably to the "why the heck are you here" questions.
I take your point, but to put this to bed I will just say one last thing: I'm asking for a two way street. Like take now, did I say FT was unimportant? Did I say we don't value your input or contribution? No, what I said was that FT represents a small fraction of our customers. That's it. Of course the community is valuable and it's great to talk directly to our most engaged customers, but it's becoming a bit much that I constantly have to clarify what each word of a post means else I risk offending the sensitivities of some around here.

In my humble opinion, this is a discussion forum, not a place for empty words (on either side). Context is key, and I would personally prefer to continue speaking openly where I can rather than sugar coating my words to match what you might see elsewhere. I apologise in advance if this offends anyone or somehow makes them think either myself or Air Canada doesn't appreciate their comments or their business.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 1:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by why fly
Naturally it makes sense for AC to pay people to deal with social media and post, its important for AC profitability, otherwise they would not do it.
Eh? Ben has already publicly said that he came on here because he felt it was best to engage with us (and convinced Ben Smith at one point to do the same). It had nothing to do with profitability, and he was not paid to be on here. He spends his time on here, in spite of being paid by AC. (and I and others are thankful for it).

If you aren't, sure, great, fine! There are other threads
Old Jul 1, 2015, 2:39 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by Ben Lipsey
I take your point, but to put this to bed I will just say one last thing: I'm asking for a two way street. Like take now, did I say FT was unimportant? Did I say we don't value your input or contribution? No, what I said was that FT represents a small fraction of our customers. That's it. Of course the community is valuable and it's great to talk directly to our most engaged customers, but it's becoming a bit much that I constantly have to clarify what each word of a post means else I risk offending the sensitivities of some around here.

In my humble opinion, this is a discussion forum, not a place for empty words (on either side). Context is key, and I would personally prefer to continue speaking openly where I can rather than sugar coating my words to match what you might see elsewhere. I apologise in advance if this offends anyone or somehow makes them think either myself or Air Canada doesn't appreciate their comments or their business.
Ah! you want things to be equal and fair both ways with equal expectations? But that's not how the internet works! Companies are big, bad and do evil, and people who work for companies are big, bad, and do evil. It is the job of the internet posters from behind screen names to fight the big, bad companies and prevent evil in the world (many of whom work for other big, bad evil companies). But the job of the internet is to take one word or one post out of context and run with it, for the end goal of .............

*sarcastic post over*

Seriously, many of us appreciate your time and appreciate your answers on here. I know I've gone head to head with you on a few things, I would hope you feel I have done so respectfully and that it's been for the sake of discussion and learning and not against anyone as a person. I feel you have been respectful in your answers and opinions when responding to me.

If there is anything I can do to encourage your continued participation in this forum let me know .
Old Jul 1, 2015, 6:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Exclamation

This thread has seen several posts deleted or edited for personal comments so it seems a reminder is needed that these types of posts are not permitted on FT. Should you feel a post is inappropriate please use the "Report a post" icon rather than engaging the member as is noted in the FT Rules here.

tcook052
AC Forum moderator
Old Jul 1, 2015, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by Ben Lipsey
I take your point, but to put this to bed I will just say one last thing.....
Ah, jeesus (as they would say in Newfoundland...), are you leaving again?

My gawd, I cannot keep straight weather Greece is leaving Europe and is back again, if I should do the IoS update to get Apple Music or not, and whether BenL is back in here or not and coming back again.

Can everyone just stop fighting, and move along?

It's Canada Day, for crying out loud. We are supposed to be nice people.

Jeesus.

Ben, can't you just turn those people off?

Anyways, we do appreciate you hanging around.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
I am enjoying this thread.

This is 10/10 trolling, like an aircraft trolley.
Enjoying thread as well.

Is the trolling in forward or reverse?

Hope the trolley has chilled Drappier
Old Jul 1, 2015, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by acysb87
Is the trolling in forward or reverse?
It's the jerk over in 2K. Wrecking the flight for everyone.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 7:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
Ah, jeesus (as they would say in Newfoundland...), are you leaving again?

My gawd, I cannot keep straight weather Greece is leaving Europe and is back again, if I should do the IoS update to get Apple Music or not, and whether BenL is back in here or not and coming back again.

Can everyone just stop fighting, and move along?

It's Canada Day, for crying out loud. We are supposed to be nice people.

Jeesus.

Ben, can't you just turn those people off?

Anyways, we do appreciate you hanging around.
What does Canada Day and being nice people have to do with AC presence on FT?

Is AC a "nice company" on Canada Day? They are just as devious and nasty as the day before and tomorrow. There must be a Kumbaya forum on Omni, no?

Ben L isn't a cute mascot. He has a function. And that is to convince FT'ers and the silent lurkers that AC is human. They are not.

Funny that, with 0.0000001% significance, you would think AC could put a salaried resource to better deployment than here, spending time explaining why we are not cheap charity cases without any significance whatsoever.

What would convince me of any sort of truth in the AC presence here is actual results from valid feedback. Clean planes, no SDC hassles, proper IKK, fair fares and discount applications, honest codeshare seating and simple fare rules as promised ten years ago.

And for the umpteenth time, I have little choice but to fly AC and I am not going to inconvenience myself just because AC sucks so badly at times.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 8:02 pm

Ben:

Please do not think all of us think remotely like the above antagonizing post. We appreciate hearing from you, and realize Ac is a business, not a charity.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by hazcaddy
and realize Ac is a business, not a charity.
Exactly. I cant believe people expect clean planes, without ear plugs left over from the flight before! Cleaning planes is only done by charity airlines!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.