AC Presence on FT

Old Jul 1, 15, 6:16 am
formerly with Air Canada
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bingocallerb22 View Post
So the statements in this thread that you guys were listening to us was a lie then?
We listen to you like we listen to all of our customers, of course we do. But to claim that collectively FT has the power to force change is a bit of a stretch.
Old Jul 1, 15, 6:16 am
Suspended

Programs: No pride in status
Originally Posted by PLeblond View Post
If I may add some perspective to Ben's percentage, of Ken's estimated 385 FTers on the AC forum, I would gather that a dozen or so make all the 'noise'. If you consider that qualifier, the number becomes considerably more realistic.

And I believe the point is simply that FT, regardless of number, represents a minuscule part of the customer base, who, on top of their actual numbers are also those who get caught up on every little single detail of a flight and tend to blow everything so completely out of proportion that one needs to stand 1000m away to gain an iota or perspective. I frankly feel more and more that its bordering on neurosis. Perhaps FT needs a professional counselling forum?

I do not claim to speak for Ben or anyone at AC, but what I read in his message is: FTers are no where near as important as they think they are. I don't even think they can see the line of their relevance from within the forum. AC is attempting to offer insight, but many people here (read the dozen who make the noise) and sticking their fingers in their ears and singing "La-La-La-La-La".

What irks me the most and ultimately drives me to post things like this is that by being surrounded by this crowd, those who have valid and constructive feedback for AC are getting drowned out in the noise and tossed away as: "Forget it...its from Flyertalk...you can just ignore that". The proverbial logical baby is getting tossed away with the feces filled bathwater.

Why don't you just come out and say it: You don't want AC here so you can continue to get riled up in a frenzy of condemnation and speculation. Some of us enjoyed the AC input, even if we did not like the message, but I guess the noise will win over once again.
I could care less about being fed AC BS here and apparently my views don't count one bit for AC. Of course they would prefer to hire expensive survey firms and just come on FT for jollies. What a bunch of baloney.

So AC you know what? You are a bunch of crooks and thieves and you think on top of getting free market research on FT you can insult the FT members as being of insignificant value. In the overall scope of things AC itself is of minuscule value. And the reps here should be run out of town for spreading the type of nonsense and ridiculous falsehoods they do.

And for FT, they only care about page views and clickthroughs on their google ads. This isn't a public service board. The only suckers are the FT members spending (wasting) their time feeding AC valuable intelligence.

Ben L whenever you are called out on a blunder you dismiss it as a joke or blame the ones calling you on it as bullies. You really know how to make AC customers feel proud and loyal to frequent your business.

Last edited by tcook052; Jul 2, 15 at 3:27 pm Reason: Fixed weird autocorrects
Old Jul 1, 15, 6:25 am
formerly with Air Canada
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Allvest View Post
Apparently my views don't count one bit for AC.
Glad you've finally accepted this.

Last edited by Ben Lipsey; Jul 1, 15 at 6:41 am
Old Jul 1, 15, 6:41 am
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Originally Posted by Ben Lipsey
But to claim that collectively FT has the power to force change is a bit of a stretch
Your history of AC and obstinate viewpoint of the efficacy of social media, is a bit of a stretch.

Originally Posted by Ben Lipsey View Post
Marketing must be very pleased with your comments. Good fodder for the upcoming CMA Awards Gala.

Last edited by kwflyer; Jul 1, 15 at 7:01 am
Old Jul 1, 15, 6:42 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
We listen to you like we listen to all of our customers, of course we do. But to claim that collectively FT has the power to force change is a bit of a stretch.
Thanks Ben. I can handle that. AC listens to all its customers equally as it listens to us here... which here (and perhaps elsewhere) “has very rarely, if ever, been the direct cause of any changes to AC policies”.
Old Jul 1, 15, 6:49 am
formerly with Air Canada
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bingocallerb22 View Post
Thanks Ben. I can handle that. AC listens to all its customers equally as it listens to us here... which here (and perhaps elsewhere) “has very rarely, if ever, been the direct cause of any changes to AC policies”.
Emphasis on the word 'direct.'

Listen, I said verbatim that I'm on here because I respect the collective wisdom and knowledge of the community, and I meant it. I learned a ton before I started working for AC simply by reading what others post, and it never ceases to amaze me how familiar many on here are with our products and policies! There have been some really good suggestions we have looked at, and some we have tried to implement if it makes sense. But to suggest that FT has been able to force change simply isn't true, that's all. Hope that makes sense?
Old Jul 1, 15, 6:50 am
Suspended

Good one.

What percentage of your customers spend or control spending over $100k per year in travel on AC and partners?

If my tier of customer doesn't matter than best of luck to AC during the inevitable next recession.

You can't even keep your planes clean and still have the arrogance to insult your customer base on a frequent traveller board.

Another boneheaded AC move.
Old Jul 1, 15, 6:56 am

Programs: aeroplan
Emphasis on the word 'direct.'

Listen, I said verbatim that I'm on here because I respect the collective wisdom and knowledge of the community, and I meant it. I learned a ton before I started working for AC simply by reading what others post, and it never ceases to amaze me how familiar many on here are with our products and policies! There have been some really good suggestions we have looked at, and some we have tried to implement if it makes sense. But to suggest that FT has been able to force change simply isn't true, that's all. Hope that makes sense?
What makes sense is your acknowledgement that Air Canada does not care one bit about a customer's comments. Really, I hope the media picks up on that comment.
Old Jul 1, 15, 7:01 am
formerly with Air Canada
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yhzflyer View Post
What makes sense is your acknowledgement that Air Canada does not care one bit about a customer's comments. Really, I hope the media picks up on that comment.
If you read his comment history, you'll understand.
Old Jul 1, 15, 7:08 am

Programs: AC*E50 (*A Gold), Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Gold Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum, NEXUS, Global Entry
This makes total sense ^

You guys make up figuratively less than 0.0000001% of our customer base.
This, before your well-advised edit, didn't

I'll back away from this now because you've clearly understood the message, whether you think it was pedantic or not. I'll just leave you with one more thought: please remember that many of us are asking AC to treat us like adults. Exaggerating our unimportantance clearly has the opposite effect you were trying to achieve because it leads inevitably to the "why the heck are you here" questions.
Old Jul 1, 15, 7:32 am

Programs: AC SE100, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Ben,

I appreciate your presence here. I am happy that AC takes the time to listen, whether here, using focus groups, surveys, etc. I don't agree with everything that AC does; however, AC is my airline of choice and I make AP and Altitude work to my advantage.

Your insight is greatly valued.

Kind regards
Old Jul 1, 15, 7:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by YWG-RO View Post
Ben,

I appreciate your presence here. I am happy that AC takes the time to listen, whether here, using focus groups, surveys, etc. I don't agree with everything that AC does; however, AC is my airline of choice and I make AP and Altitude work to my advantage.

Your insight is greatly valued.

Kind regards
What insights?
Old Jul 1, 15, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K, BA Silver, Accor Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
This thread is awesome. It seems to have really struck a nerve with people who thought that somehow they mattered to the bottom line, or their opinions somehow were important to the corporate suits at AC.

I applaud Ben for admitting the official view of AC that FT doesnt really matter, even if in a blunderous way.

You people wanted honesty, now you have it.

As Ben would say: "Vote with your wallet"
Old Jul 1, 15, 7:54 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Can you imagine a Starwood Lurker basically telling the *Wood forum that their opinions don't matter and as a whole they make up an irrelevant minority?!!
Old Jul 1, 15, 8:08 am

Programs: sqrt(-school of apologist)
Lol! Rekt!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: