Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 13, 2022, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yyznomad
For those intending to post in this thread...
To help provide up-to-date context, if you are posting about your wait time(s), please include the following information (in the example) to the best of your ability:

Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
Here's a good sample point, for once

Date and Time of Call-In: January 25, 2024, 14:35 Eastern
Elite Status Input: E75K
Department: Award/Errorplan
Hold Time: 4 Mins
Call Centre: Montreal

Comments: 15 Minutes to change a Priority Reward booking (Unflown), Beta Site wouldn't process changes.

As of July 2022, AC has established a special line for those dealing with delayed or cancelled flights: 1.888.440.5641

Please use this number only for problems on the day of travel.

Print Wikipost

Long Call Centre Wait Times

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2014, 11:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Originally Posted by rankourabu
And you are 100% sure that different agents answer the phones on the other end, and that its not routed to the same call center

Coincidentally, just called Delta, and it was 17-26 minutes with callback option.
Hung up and called their Medallion line, which has no membership verification
The SE phone number will still route to the SE desk (if not busy) during regular business hours. Otherwise its just a priority queue thing.
Old May 17, 2014, 2:05 am
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Disclaimer: I'm not saying the wait times are acceptable

Incorrect

Last year:
E35K & E50K shared a number
E75K had a number
S100K had a number

I have no knowledge of P25K.

Even on the E35K line though, I never had to wait more than a minute or two.
P25K has their own number

E35K/50K Share a number

E75K has this own number

SE 100K has their own number (that either goes to the SE desk or priority queue whichever is faster)

AC VIP has their own number (similar to SE)

AC also has a special phone number they use during IRROPS for basic members that is only given out in certain situations. This priority is below P25K but higher than the general phone number..

YMMV depending on the date/time/weather/IRROPS but IME hold times were never more than 10 minutes as P25K and less than 5 as 35/50K.
Old May 17, 2014, 10:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by kwflyer
P25K has their own number

E35K/50K Share a number

E75K has this own number

SE 100K has their own number (that either goes to the SE desk or priority queue whichever is faster)

AC VIP has their own number (similar to SE)

AC also has a special phone number they use during IRROPS for basic members that is only given out in certain situations. This priority is below P25K but higher than the general phone number..

YMMV depending on the date/time/weather/IRROPS but IME hold times were never more than 10 minutes as P25K and less than 5 as 35/50K.
Oh that reminds me. One time during IRROPS, as E35K, I was given that other number.

I called the E35K number. After being on hold for 4 minutes, I called the IRROPS number on another line. It was answered first.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 3:35 pm

Programs: 🛫 AC 75K
Angry

Approaching 55 minutes on hold just for the privilege of paying Air Canada extra money for Premium Economy seats. Lost my status a few years ago, so have to call the regular number. No callback feature offered.

Spent ages trying to do it online and being rewarded with a website error. Over and over.

I'm not sure I can think of another airline that has so consistently provided such aggravation to my life over the past few decades. I can always count on them to suck the enjoyment out of a trip when given the chance.

(meanwhile my son has just experienced economy in Emirates; arrived in Dubai via YYZ. Menu for the meal, headphones, eye mask, toothbrush and compression socks. They even provided a hotel room and meal voucher for his layover. In economy!)

I'm venting because I've got time to kill - still on hold. I keep waiting for someone to pick up to avoid posting this. Ah screw it.

(for crying out loud - just outsource to India and triple the size of you calling centre)
Old Jun 3, 2014, 3:41 pm

RELAX...

Montreal (CYUL) has been shut down since ~2pm delaying and canceling an array of flights.... maybe people being rebooked right now are more important then your seat....
Old Jun 3, 2014, 3:50 pm

If that's the case, Air Canada should adjust their recording. My call was "20 minute wait time" when I called in.

And thanks for your opinion; my time is what is important. Not my seat.

By the way:

Montreal Trudeau YUL Airport flight departure delays
No current departure delays.

Montreal Trudeau YUL Airport flight arrival delays
No current arrival delays.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 3:55 pm

Programs: AC: E50K, AP: dDiamond
Crazy the whole airport is shutdown for lightning!
Old Jun 3, 2014, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by Moostekk
If that's the case, Air Canada should adjust their recording. My call was "20 minute wait time" when I called in.

And thanks for your opinion; my time is what is important. Not my seat.

By the way:

Montreal Trudeau YUL Airport flight departure delays
No current departure delays.

Montreal Trudeau YUL Airport flight arrival delays
No current arrival delays.

lol... no plane has departed since 2pm est, planes where held from 2pm untill about 4pm when a brief window opened up and flights not already diverted to YOW or YQB where allowed to land, that window has since closed.

Montreal-Trudeau (CYUL) is currently experiencing:
all inbound flights being held at their origin until tuesday at 06:00p EDT
departure delays an average of 1 hours 4 minutes

http://flightaware.com/live/airport/CYUL

Get your info straight before posting

P.s.

Take a look at the radar; how there is 0 activity around YMO

http://www.flightradar24.com/45.53,-73.78/9
Old Jun 3, 2014, 3:58 pm

These boards are more fun when we don't get our facts straight before posting

Just blowing off steam -
Old Jun 3, 2014, 10:52 pm

I'm embarrassed to say that the Lufthansa regular line for people with no status is just as good as the AC Superelite 100K line.

Air Canada, start getting your acts together.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 11:47 pm

Programs: AC 100KSE
Originally Posted by theseatbelt
I'm embarrassed to say that the Lufthansa regular line for people with no status is just as good as the AC Superelite 100K line.

Air Canada, start getting your acts together.
+1 this. I was shocked (which certainly says something about how my expectations have been adjusted) when LH regular line picked up twice last week with no hold time at all. And so did Air China...
Old Jun 4, 2014, 9:34 pm

Programs: Yes, I belong.
I called the 35k line a few times this week and it was a negligible wait time (less than 10 minutes, probably less than 5 minutes).

Compared to last year (regular phone line) where there was one call where I waited well over 4 hours...
Old Jun 4, 2014, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rankourabu
all from last week with no status

AA = no wait
DL = no wait
EK = 1 min wait

And them are far bigger apples than pathetic AC.
This week :
AA=No Wait (OW Elite)
DL=No Wait (no status)
LH=No Wait (no status)
OS=No Wait (no status)
Old Jun 4, 2014, 11:55 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
I had to call UA reservations today: ~1 minute talking to a computer (infuriating! ) Message then said 3 minute wait. Agent answered in ~4 minutes.

Ben L.: You mentioned you can't imagine anyone making their airline choice based on the length of wait on hold. Well, I can assure you I do. I have a VERY short fuse when I'm kept waiting by anyone who wants me to spend money on their offerings of goods or services. I'll also mention that it makes a huge difference if the message gives an (accurate) estimate of the wait time, as opposed to being slam dunked into the elevator music and advertising, with no indication of how long it will be.

Last edited by Sopwith; Jun 5, 2014 at 12:00 am
Old Jun 5, 2014, 12:43 pm

Programs: Cessna TTx Self-Fly
Originally Posted by Sopwith
I had to call UA reservations today: ~1 minute talking to a computer (infuriating! ) Message then said 3 minute wait. Agent answered in ~4 minutes.

Ben L.: You mentioned you can't imagine anyone making their airline choice based on the length of wait on hold. Well, I can assure you I do. I have a VERY short fuse when I'm kept waiting by anyone who wants me to spend money on their offerings of goods or services. I'll also mention that it makes a huge difference if the message gives an (accurate) estimate of the wait time, as opposed to being slam dunked into the elevator music and advertising, with no indication of how long it will be.
I agree.

Out of all the issues and struggles facing AC this issue is the easiest to fix. AC simply needs to hire more CSRs (and possibly obtain more floor space for them). The fact that AC has not done so despite this issue being known to them for YEARS AND YEARS tells me that, lip service provided by AC's Bens in other threads aside, AC really does not care about long phone hold times.

Given this is such a simply issue to rectify they would have done so if they actually cared about it. AC would rather save money by keeping hold times as they are than by hiring more CSRs. And because of this they have lost my international travel (they have only kept my Canadian travel because I usually only fly J and they are the only game in town for J).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.