Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Another baggage handler caught on camera

Old May 9, 14, 8:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ACSEMM, WY Gold

This is actually a feel good story for AC so all the AC hater might want to skip it...

http://www.thesocialwhat.com/another...linkId=8180939
Old May 9, 14, 9:02 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-2MM, Marriott- LT Plat, SPG RIP, IHG- Plat
Nice story.
Old May 9, 14, 9:31 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
Nice, I like it.
Old May 9, 14, 10:55 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG Gold Elite, Marriott Rewards
Smile I hope ACYYZ/SD sees this too!

Thank you very much for posting this.

There's so much negativity being posted these days that it's very discouraging for the many employees who do a great job day after day; the unsung heroes.

Great story!
Old May 9, 14, 11:53 pm
Original Member

Air Canada has lots and lots and lots of caring, considerate, and most importantly competent employees. They also have a few turkeys, as any large organization does.

The problem is that the HQ end of the business seems to think that it is always the customer's fault, no matter what. Which is to say it doesn't matter how hard an Air Canada employee works to engender goodwill, there's always someone at HQ who is happy to torpedo their efforts.
Old May 9, 14, 11:55 pm
Original Member

And in another direction, I was amused that the author of that piece works to make businesses "look" good.

Wouldn't it be more useful and effective to make them actually be good?
Old May 10, 14, 2:39 am
Suspended

Programs: AC 2MMSE, Fairmont Platinum, SPG Platinum,M&More HON
AC has a log of great people system wide..I have met many of them that have made my travels so pleasant and easier to deal with on a weekly basis. That being said as a 2MM flyer, I have had my fair share of |bad apples| as well. It's a numbers game.
Old May 10, 14, 6:58 am
Formerly known as tireman77

Programs: ACA
The story (rather than the event) reminds me of a customer I had when working retail. The day after a significant purchase, one that took a longer time to close than most, the customer returned to the store with a dry look on his face. Immediately, I went to meet him thinking uh-oh what happened...what am I in for today?
The customer, without blinking looked straight at me and asked "do people usually come back the next day to tell you they are happy?"
I answered, "usually not."
He said, "Well, I'm one of those people. I love the (product), its amazing, thanks for the recommendation and service."
I was flabbergasted and more than a little happy. In fact, I've used this method a few times as a customer.
Thank you for posting and reminding us that its good to give a pat on the back when things are well done.
Old May 10, 14, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: ACSEMM, WY Gold
Originally Posted by KenHamer View Post
And in another direction, I was amused that the author of that piece works to make businesses "look" good.

Wouldn't it be more useful and effective to make them actually be good?
Sure, having a business be good is ideal but what is good?

A persons perception is a persons reality.

If you say something loud enough for long enough, people will believe that is the reality of it, whether they have experience it or not.

Take Rouge as an example. People have written what a terrible product it is. I have never flown Rouge but with all the negative things that have been written, I really don't want to try it. I am basing my judgment on other peoples perception. I'm not saying it is not a bad product, simply that I should really experience it once before I make that call.

Positive reinforcement will work the same way. Maybe we could all try to be a little more positive... just sayin'
Old May 10, 14, 9:28 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Platinum
Two years ago I was flying with my family to LAX from YYZ through ORD on UA. It was March break and the flight to ORD was delayed. So much so that we were going to miss our connection. As it was Friday night, there were very few options. The UA agent dropped everything and tried to get us to LAX that night. Ultimately he couldn't get 4 seats that night but he was able to protect us the next morning from ORD so we spent the night in ORD carried on in the morning.

About a month later I was flying UA again and the same agent was working the flight. I went up to him and thanked him again for all his efforts that night. He remembered me and really appreciated me taking the time to thank him. The really good employees do exist and as customers it is important to recognize what they do so that they continue to do it.
Old May 10, 14, 9:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM Hyatt: Globalist light
Originally Posted by tireman77 View Post
The story (rather than the event) reminds me of a customer I had when working retail. The day after a significant purchase, one that took a longer time to close than most, the customer returned to the store with a dry look on his face. Immediately, I went to meet him thinking uh-oh what happened...what am I in for today?
The customer, without blinking looked straight at me and asked "do people usually come back the next day to tell you they are happy?"
I answered, "usually not."
He said, "Well, I'm one of those people. I love the (product), its amazing, thanks for the recommendation and service."
I was flabbergasted and more than a little happy. In fact, I've used this method a few times as a customer.
Thank you for posting and reminding us that its good to give a pat on the back when things are well done.
Your story is just as nice!
Old May 10, 14, 10:17 am

Programs: United GS, AA, SWA, Delta
Love it. Thanks.
Old May 10, 14, 11:14 am

Programs: AP SPG HH
Totally agree with tireman and 172.
Old May 10, 14, 4:09 pm

Programs: UA&Mariott Plat Prem.
Haha I was expecting another negative experience
Old May 10, 14, 5:53 pm

Programs: Altitude E50
Yes, very nice to see, especially as I get ready for LHR-YEG in a few weeks, with my two cats traveling in the hold.

To be fair, you'd HOPE that crated animals would get extra-special service, considering each critter in the hold will set you back $270.

Search this Thread

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: