Wiki Posts
Search

Un-rouged to LAS May 5 AC 1851

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2014, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC Altitude 35K, AA, Marriott Silver Elite, NEXUS
Un-rouged to LAS May 5 AC 1851

looking at seat map on AC website it seems to show a "real" '67 on this day...rows 16 and 17 are missing when I go to my seat map. The Rouge product has these rows according to Seatguru. Or have they created other monster rogues as well?
Old Apr 30, 2014, 2:19 pm
alc

just went on AC web site and search for this flight (AC 1851) and it does not even show up as an option for May 5. this flight is available on May 4th and May 6th, just not on May 5th.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 2:20 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by cruzcap
looking at seat map on AC website it seems to show a "real" '67 on this day...rows 16 and 17 are missing when I go to my seat map. The Rouge product has these rows according to Seatguru. Or have they created other monster rogues as well?
I'll try to keep this simple (good luck)! The first two fins to leave mainline for Rouge were fins 691/692 - the original Hawaiian Airlines turned Air Canada non-XM'd aircraft in their original configuration of 18J/246Y. Those aircraft continue to fly in that seat plan until they receive the full interior makeover and the addition of "winglets". As current 767's leave mainline, they are receiving the full exterior/interior refurbishment and seating configurations of 24J/256Y which is seemingly the aircraft scheduled for the LAS flight that day. Seat Guru is not always up-to-date. Most recently it was fin 633 and others will follow.

The only time AC Mainline aircraft will appear on the YYZ-LAS route is as a protection for a Rouge Maintenance (Scheduled or Irregular) operation. "1800" series flights are most definitely Rouge flights.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 2:25 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by alc
just went on AC web site and search for this flight (AC 1851) and it does not even show up as an option for May 5. this flight is available on May 4th and May 6th, just not on May 5th.
Definitely operating as AC1851 0850/1037 (763) - not showing any availability on ac.com - alternate available flight is AC1853.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by alc
As ACYYZ/SD pointed out, it isn't showing on ac.com but that is just because it is oversold.

AC1851 May 5
J/0 C/0 D/0 Z/0 P/0 R/0
Y/0 B/0 M/0 U/0 H/0 Q/0 V/0 W/0 S/0 T/0 L/0 K/0 G/0 A/0

Rows 16 and 17 are missing I presume to allow AC to set standards across widebodies. Rows 1-11 J, 12-17 PE, 18 being the first row of Y. 12-15 have 35" of legroom and aren't PE on Rouge, but Rouge Plus.

Don't worry, you are still on a sardineliner
Old Apr 30, 2014, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC Altitude 35K, AA, Marriott Silver Elite, NEXUS
right I knew about it being oversold and operating hence the reason it wasn't showing on AC.com...just was hoping for a real one instead of the bone crusher....amazing most days it is oversold looking around that date.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by cruzcap
right I knew about it being oversold and operating hence the reason it wasn't showing on AC.com...just was hoping for a real one instead of the bone crusher....amazing most days it is oversold looking around that date.
Too bad the flight isn't oversold because it was upgauged to a mainline flight with fewer seats.

If AC is overselling NA rouge flights on a 767, I don't think it bodes well for people's hopes that rouge disappears in the near future... (and yes, I know this is only a single sample point and many seats may be allocated to ACV and could possibly be released back to general inventory).
Old Apr 30, 2014, 3:28 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
May ~5th Vegas - lots of trade shows going on including the National Hardware show.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 3:47 pm

Programs: Diners, AP E50K, World Elite MC, Fairmont Presidents, Ritz Rewards Elite, .....
Originally Posted by YEG USER
Too bad the flight isn't oversold because it was upgauged to a mainline flight with fewer seats.

If AC is overselling NA rouge flights on a 767, I don't think it bodes well for people's hopes that rouge disappears in the near future... (and yes, I know this is only a single sample point and many seats may be allocated to ACV and could possibly be released back to general inventory).
The reality is when they remove all mainline aircraft from the route and give you no option but to fly Rouge or they simply switch out the planes on you there really is no way to tell.

I have begun to actively look for other flights to my destinations at this point. I will be flying Rouge to Tampa in June and I'm less than amused about it but my alternative was spending a whole day travelling vs the direct flight. If they had a mainline option I'd still pay more for that comfort and be stuck in Rouge.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 4:33 pm

Programs: AC E50K, TK Elite
Originally Posted by Argonaut1000
May ~5th Vegas - lots of trade shows going on including the National Hardware show.
I was wondering why prices were so high. I'm in LAS over that weekend for a stag and my flights were double my wife's for the stagette two weeks earlier.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by Frorose
The reality is when they remove all mainline aircraft from the route and give you no option but to fly Rouge or they simply switch out the planes on you there really is no way to tell.
That's reality? As in reality here on Earth??

Funny, I flew YYZLAS (nonstop) on a not-full WS B737-800 last Friday evening about 15 mins ahead of the evening AC-Rouge 767 on YYZLAS. I earned full mileage on AA and enjoyed a couple comp Grey Goose, fast wifi, nice snacks and cookies in the YYZ T3 AA Admiral Club before the flight

There are viable options. The fact AC continues to fill their Rouge jets and expand deployment shows they know a tad bit more about peoples' buying habits, the power of AP, status, perks etc than some around here. Air Canada doesn't win by default.

That's reality
Old Apr 30, 2014, 6:46 pm

Programs: Diners, AP E50K, World Elite MC, Fairmont Presidents, Ritz Rewards Elite, .....
Originally Posted by CloudsBelow

Funny, I flew YYZLAS (nonstop) on a not-full WS B737-800 last Friday evening about 15 mins ahead of the evening AC-Rouge 767 on YYZLAS. I earned full mileage on AA and enjoyed a couple comp Grey Goose, fast wifi, nice snacks and cookies in the YYZ T3 AA Admiral Club before the flight

There are viable options. The fact AC continues to fill their Rouge jets and expand deployment shows they know a tad bit more about peoples' buying habits, the power of AP, status, perks etc than some around here. Air Canada doesn't win by default.

That's reality
I may be new around here but you seem to spend an awful lot of time defending a product that many frequent flyers seem to dislike across the board. Other than being a possible stockholder is there some reason why you are hell bent on reiterating your point over and over and over again? Some us fly to other locations that LAS on business.

I suppose no one else is entitled to an opinion without the great Cloudsbelow patronizing their comments.

Please CB tell me where the option to take a non rouge direct flight to Tampa exists? Prove me wrong...I'm all ears. More specifically find me one leaving yyz June 12 returning June 15 as an example.

AC does win by default when they remove options and they downgrade prepurchased business class tickets and mainline seats with rouge plane with no compensation.

I'm sure AC is shedding tears knowing my business class and economy ticket needs will be going elsewhere to "anything but rouge". However if enough of us stop they will perhaps get the hint.

AC is benefitting from brand recognition at the moment booking rouge flights alongside mainline on their website. The general non frequent flyer public will figure out that they are paying more money for a "discounted" line and getting an inferior product. (one can hope)

I wait with baited breath for what I expect will be a perjorative response.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 8:33 pm

I may be new around here but you seem to spend an awful lot of time defending a product that many frequent flyers seem to dislike across the board. Other than being a possible stockholder is there some reason why you are hell bent on reiterating your point over and over and over again?
Show me 1 time where I've defended the Rouge product specifically. A single post where I claim the Rouge product is great/better than competing offerings or disagreed with the FFs where seem to dislike it.
You posted there is "no option but to fly rouge" in a thread about YYZLAS being un-rouged for a day. I point out that I flew the specific route a few days ago and found a simple, obvious, effective way to avoid Rouge departing within 15 minutes of the Rouge option. Took me maybe 3 minutes to identify and book that option.
I suppose no one else is entitled to an opinion without the great Cloudsbelow patronizing their comments.
What's patronizing? So, your opinion = reality? It's actually incredibly easy to not only avoid Rouge, but to enjoy many of the perks exYYZ that you can enjoy as an AC FF as I pointed out in my version of "reality"

Please CB tell me where the option to take a non rouge direct flight to Tampa exists? Prove me wrong...I'm all ears.
Well, WS serves TPA direct almost daily during the busy season. AC Rouge will compete directly with Westjet to Tampa. Possibly Sunwing too? Transat to PIE maybe? AC does NOT win TPA nor any other route by default

More specifically find me one leaving yyz June 12 returning June 15 as an example.
Nonstop flights to Tampa, Florida are not exactly in high demand in June as noted by the single daily non-stop flight.

I'm sure AC is shedding tears knowing my business class and economy ticket needs will be going elsewhere to "anything but rouge". However if enough of us stop they will perhaps get the hint.
Agree with you there. Ironic that I avoided the product you claim I'm hell bent on defending and you decide to support the airline that has you so upset??
AC is benefitting from brand recognition at the moment booking rouge flights alongside mainline on their website. The general non frequent flyer public will figure out that they are paying more money for a "discounted" line and getting an inferior product. (one can hope)
Ahh, yes, riding the iconic Air Canada brand all the way to the bank. Keep reading that here. Still waiting for an example of where/when AC brand was something they could rely on while offering such a sub-par product.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 10:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Originally Posted by CloudsBelow

That's reality
AA mileage on WJ is not EQM. Only RDM. That's a big difference.
Old May 1, 2014, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by kwflyer
AA mileage on WJ is not EQM. Only RDM. That's a big difference.
It would be a big difference if it were fact.

My AA account (no AA status) shows :

1943 EQM and 1 EQS for the YYZLAS WS flight

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.