Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Expedited screening with TSA Pre✓™ on Air Canada flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Expedited screening with TSA Pre✓™ on Air Canada flights

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2014, 7:28 am
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ABG
AFAIK there is no requirement to remove shoes for a Canadian domestic flight
Correct; only if they may set off (or do) the metal detectors do you need to remove your shoes, even in the public lines.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 7:29 am
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by yqtyyz
I know that there was a "Nexus-lite" type of thing at YYZ in the transborder security area. Laptops stayed in bag, belts/shoes on, that type of thing. I haven't made any TB crossings recently, so hopefully someone can confirm if it's still running.
No, unfortunately that test only ran for about a month or two; my last few trips through YYZ required the usual removal steps.

EDIT: It appears the trial is back - not sure why, but I had some flights in Feb/March where the trial wasn't running. But there seem to be people posting about it still running!

Last edited by Absolute; Apr 29, 2014 at 7:34 am
Old Apr 29, 2014, 7:30 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by gtpdiddy
I've had Pre check not granted b/c of the PAX name I entered. Have people had similar experience? My NEXUS has my middle name and when I entered them as initials Precheck doesn't recognize it. I looked back at my pre check approval on my BP and that was when only my first and last name was included.

Thoughts?
Gilbert
On UA, I always enter my middle name as an initial.
My Nexus card has my full middle name.

I have not had any troubles.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 7:34 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
deleted, sober second thought

Last edited by bingocallerb22; Apr 29, 2014 at 7:58 am
Old Apr 29, 2014, 8:09 am

Programs: AC*E50, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Silver, Enterprise+
Originally Posted by ABG
AFAIK there is no requirement to remove shoes for a Canadian domestic flight
Correct, but they must come off for transborder flights security screening. I sure hope we get the Canadian equivalent of PreCheck PDQ...
Old Apr 29, 2014, 8:29 am

Questions

1. Does family (with 3 year old and 8 month infant baby), all have NEXUS, qualify for TSAPre?
I was given BS in YUL in April saying because I have baby stroller, I can't use NEXUS lanes.... no such issue in YYZ for YYZ-LGA, but no NEXUS-lite security either so we all had to take laptop out, shoes, etc...

2. Would TSAPre work on Aeroplan reward tickets like YYZ-USA?
Old Apr 29, 2014, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by yqtyyz
I know that there was a "Nexus-lite" type of thing at YYZ in the transborder security area. Laptops stayed in bag, belts/shoes on, that type of thing. I haven't made any TB crossings recently, so hopefully someone can confirm if it's still running.
I just went through on Sunday. It is still running. Very nice to have that at YYZ TB.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 11:32 am

Programs: AC*E50, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Silver, Enterprise+
Originally Posted by jerryhung
Questions

1. Does family (with 3 year old and 8 month infant baby), all have NEXUS, qualify for TSAPre?
I was given BS in YUL in April saying because I have baby stroller, I can't use NEXUS lanes.... no such issue in YYZ for YYZ-LGA, but no NEXUS-lite security either so we all had to take laptop out, shoes, etc...
Well, if you have NEXUS then you have a Pass ID on the back of your card which is what you need to enter in the Known Traveler Number field when checking in which should provide PreCheck. But as specified, you are not guaranteed PreCheck access on every visit, they reserve the right to randomly deny so you get the full monty.

2. Would TSAPre work on Aeroplan reward tickets like YYZ-USA?
Yes, there is nothing special an award ticket, you can still enter the Know Traveler Number information.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 11:34 am

Questions

Yes, even if the kids didn't have it. Kids under 12 can accompany a parent in the TSAPre lane regardless of their own status. This is useful as it means even if only 1 parent gets cleared on a given flight, that parent can take the kids through and save the pain of waiting in line while the other parent takes the regular lane.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 11:41 am
Formerly known as tireman77

Glad to hear it. Its never worked on UA for me so far, fingers crossed it will work with AC.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 11:48 am

Programs: NEXUS, UA Club
This is fantastic news!!! I have saved so much time with PreCheck
Old Apr 29, 2014, 11:59 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Alaska Air, American Airlines, SWA RapidRewards
This is great news since I am flying PDX-YVR-YUL the first week of June (for F1)

Just got signed up with PreC last month.

Now if only I didnt have to pay a fortune to pick my seats. (waiting til day before to see if I can get my window seats)
Old Apr 29, 2014, 1:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Awesome!

I'd say "damn, two days late!", but that lane was closed when I went through security at CLE on Sunday

Can't wait for my next trip, right before the Do.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 1:23 pm

Programs: AC*E
My father and his spouse get TSA pre-check on their boarding card, don't know why, they are infrequent travelers. I got diverted to pre-check today, very nice.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 1:56 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Excellent news! My only concern is the Nexus line will be very long now at YYZ with the Pre-Check qualification unless they open more lines. Also the screening is still a bit slow compared to US airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.