Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

hooking up aeroplan with turkish airlines revenue ticket

Old Apr 20, 2014, 9:56 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AC

I'm going YVR - YYZ - IST - JRO in a couple of weeks. The YYZ-IST-JRO is pricing okay but the yvr leg makes it jump about 1200. Am pricing for biz class.

My thoughts to get this down a bit, is to aeroplan the YVR-YYZ in biz class, as these flights are available and only about 150 dollars in taxes/fees and I am in SE so I can get the priority awards without problems. Going all the way to JRO in aeroplan is not working out from an itinerary perspective. (In biz class).

So, my question is, if the flights are late in and out of YYZ, (whether turkish or Air Canada) can I count on being protected on the next flight? As a result of having two itineraries/pnrs? Should I try and book the turkish as an Air Canada ticket instead of Turkish?

Thanks!

Lorna
Old Apr 21, 2014, 3:38 am
Suspended

Programs: S100KMM,SPG Platinum,Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by Lornag
I'm going YVR - YYZ - IST - JRO in a couple of weeks. The YYZ-IST-JRO is pricing okay but the yvr leg makes it jump about 1200. Am pricing for biz class.

My thoughts to get this down a bit, is to aeroplan the YVR-YYZ in biz class, as these flights are available and only about 150 dollars in taxes/fees and I am in SE so I can get the priority awards without problems. Going all the way to JRO in aeroplan is not working out from an itinerary perspective. (In biz class).

So, my question is, if the flights are late in and out of YYZ, (whether turkish or Air Canada) can I count on being protected on the next flight? As a result of having two itineraries/pnrs? Should I try and book the turkish as an Air Canada ticket instead of Turkish?

Thanks!

Lorna
Lorna...technically you would be SOL if you misconnected to TK's flights no matter what AC's delay would be coming from YVR. The reason being they are on two separate tickets(stock). It wouldn't matter either if you had the TK portion on AC codeshare number YYZ-IST-JRO. Now maybe, if you had substituted the YYZ-IST portion on AC's metal then they would re-protect you given your SE status. To cover all bases, allow at least several hours between your AC arrival connecting to TK in YYZ to take in account a possible delay from YVR.

BTW $1200.00 as an add on roundtrip from YVR-YYZ-YVR to your YYZ-IST-JRO to do Business IMO is not expensive.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by SEMM
Lorna...technically you would be SOL if you misconnected to TK's flights no matter what AC's delay would be coming from YVR. The reason being they are on two separate tickets(stock). It wouldn't matter either if you had the TK portion on AC codeshare number YYZ-IST-JRO. Now maybe, if you had substituted the YYZ-IST portion on AC's metal then they would re-protect you given your SE status. To cover all bases, allow at least several hours between your AC arrival connecting to TK in YYZ to take in account a possible delay from YVR.

BTW $1200.00 as an add on roundtrip from YVR-YYZ-YVR to your YYZ-IST-JRO to do Business IMO is not expensive.
+1 to all of the above; you wont be re protected. Either leave many many hours in between or just pay the 1200. For using 50k miles and 150$ is it worth the loss of miles 2078x2x1.5 + se bonus (So possibly 12000 miles) and the value of your reward ticket is something was to happen?

I would not worry about the YVR part; its the YYZ part that's worrying!

Weather (Hot, Cold, Cloudy, Rain, etc) can turn YYZ into a disaster pretty quickly.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 7:46 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice. I used it on two counts...one, I booked an earlier flight out of yvr and a later flight out of yyz on aeroplan. And requested the ticket be issued on air canada stock.

I'll see how it goes.

Lorna
Old Apr 22, 2014, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by Lornag
Thanks for the advice. I used it on two counts...one, I booked an earlier flight out of yvr and a later flight out of yyz on aeroplan. And requested the ticket be issued on air canada stock.

I'll see how it goes.

Lorna
What? This is an aeroplan award; of course it is going to be ticketed on AirCanada stock; whose other stock do you think AE uses? :P
Old Apr 22, 2014, 10:23 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

I was referring to the paid ticket for the YYZ onwards journey.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.