Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Baggage Handlers Toss Bags 20Ft! VIDEO!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Baggage Handlers Toss Bags 20Ft! VIDEO!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2014, 12:17 am

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG Gold Elite, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by luv2flyJ
I'm not sure if you were referring to my post (69)? If so, "late arriving" not late checking-in. I quote the word "late" as they begin boarding this flight at least 45 minutes before departure despite the boarding pass showing the normal 35 minute boarding time. Many passengers get to the gate 25 minutes before departure only to find they are some of the last to board and there is little or no carry-on storage remaining.
I think perhaps I misinterpreted your post; my apologies

Ironically with the usual AC boarding practices for the 777s where they board from back to front the choicest seats in Y (like row 18) are those most likely to find no overhead bin space left in the 77HD.

I wonder if the PE sub-cabin on the 77HD is protected from Y carry-on overflow!

Anyway, never again on 77HD
Old Apr 20, 2014, 12:22 am

Programs: AC-SE MM, Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TemboOne
I wonder if the PE sub-cabin on the 77HD is protected from Y carry-on overflow!
Not at all! I was in PE and boarded 30 minutes before this flight and there were several bags already stowed right above my seat that did not belong to me or my seatmate.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 1:06 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
So how do you really feel?

Just curious: Do you always fly TPAC or a mix of int´l destinations? While I personally think there are many better options than AC on TPAC routes, I can´t think of many airlines on routes to South America and Europe with both a better soft product and hard product (for a pax travelling alone).
What kind of soft or hard products do you get as a solo traveller ? Happy ending massages ?
Old Apr 20, 2014, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by MasterGeek
What kind of soft or hard products do you get as a solo traveller ? Happy ending massages ?
Nope.

Hard product = seat, fully flat bed, cabin layout, aisle access

soft product = food, drinks, service, "intangible benefits"

Having flown almost every J product across the Atlantic, I can´t think of many airlines that offer a better soft and hard product across the pond (assuming you´re flying alone; flying with someone else there are other good products).
Old Apr 20, 2014, 3:16 am
Suspended

Programs: S100KMM,SPG Platinum,Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by FastSRT8
Air Canada SUCKS.

I will always choose another carrier such as Cathay to go to HK over Air Canada. Never use them unless I really have to and even then it's reluctantly; and mind you, I'm speaking of their rip off exec first cabin/service which is what I normally fly.

Thank you for stopping by.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by SEMM
Thank you for stopping by.
As you see FastSRT8, any criticism of AC here will be met by a standard reply by the resident AC knights in shining armour. Dont let that scare you, and come back soon
Old Apr 20, 2014, 5:55 am
B1

Does "77W" = HD? always?
Old Apr 20, 2014, 5:57 am
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by Jasper2009

Having flown almost every J product across the Atlantic, I can´t think of many airlines that offer a better soft and hard product across the pond (assuming you´re flying alone; flying with someone else there are other good products).
I would tend to agree with that. Although some service crews are hit and miss, in general AC tough to beat. This incidence is indicative of employees who found a method of making their work easier for themselves, not the airline in general.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 6:11 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by B1
Does "77W" = HD? always?
NO...you must double check before what type of equipment it is.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 6:13 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by rankourabu
As you see FastSRT8, any criticism of AC here will be met by a standard reply by the resident AC knights in shining armour. Dont let that scare you, and come back soon
Oh my apologies....forgot to finish that sentence by saying..."fly the friendly skies of United...Flyer Friendly...yeah right!
Old Apr 20, 2014, 6:17 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by luv2flyJ
We had no idea the attention this was going to attract.

I have also learned tonight from AC that the 2 baggage handlers were fired today.
I am quite surprised that AC confirmed to you that they terminated the two luggage throwing/dropping clowns. They usually never confirm what measures they have a taken with an employee when customers write in and or complain. Glad they had the balls to do so.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 7:35 am

Programs: FT
Oh my apologies....forgot to finish that sentence by saying..."fly the friendly skies of United...Flyer Friendly...yeah right!
Actually, he said CX. Now even you would have to say that it's sound advice for a person to fly CX over AC to HKG? No?
Old Apr 20, 2014, 7:36 am
Formerly known as tireman77

I am quite surprised that AC confirmed to you that they terminated the two luggage throwing/dropping clowns. They usually never confirm what measures they have a taken with an employee when customers write in and or complain. Glad they had the balls to do so.
From the CBC news website, the exact words are: "We are in the process of identifying the employees involved whose employment will be terminated pending the outcome of our investigation..."

Terminated pending the investigation in this case, I believe, means suspended with the intent to terminate if the investigation deems it a terminable offence, but PR speak sounds better the way they said it.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 7:36 am

Programs: TK*S, SPG Gold
Just saw on the news ticker this morning that AC fired these guys. I guess they thought it important to come out publicly with the information. I'm thinking that this incident garnered a bit more national media attention than they would've expected.

In any case - bad luck for those involved, but hopefully this inspires some meaningful change on some level.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 7:43 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Ah, gosh, they got fired for making a wee mistake. If AC fired all employees who make mistakes then there would not be many left.

Likely they got fired because it made social media otherwise it would have been a reprimand and rehabilitation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.