Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Baggage Handlers Toss Bags 20Ft! VIDEO!

AC Baggage Handlers Toss Bags 20Ft! VIDEO!

Old Apr 27, 2014, 9:31 pm

Programs: AC*Tangerine
I'm sitting in the YVR MLL now, waiting for a connection. I have a checked guitar AND a gate checked roller bag - what could possibly go wrong?!
Old Apr 27, 2014, 9:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: S100KMM,SPG Platinum,Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by i59bravo
I'm sitting in the YVR MLL now, waiting for a connection. I have a checked guitar AND a gate checked roller bag - what could possibly go wrong?!
Doers this ring a bell?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YGc4zOqozo‎
Old Apr 27, 2014, 9:44 pm

Programs: AC*Tangerine
Originally Posted by SEMM
Most regrettably, yes.
Old May 5, 2014, 10:38 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
Originally Posted by Sopwith
Now up to 788,595 hits, headed for a million.
For the record, now 3,084,120 hits. The power of social media is becoming downright dangerous!
Old May 26, 2014, 8:08 pm

Programs: Irrelevant
Looks like positive improvement due to the video

I noticed that some of the gates now have baggage slides next to them, I don't recall if all of them do, but I'll try to remember to look tomorrow morning.

The photo was taken either this past Saturday or Sunday.

Old May 26, 2014, 9:17 pm

Programs: AC E50 MM, WJ Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime
Interesting enough when boarding in VRA on Saturday, they had a slide down the bridge with a ramp on the bottom to stop the items. Cuban ingenuity?

Also liked the stop lights that not only counted down the time till green ended, same for the red lights. Not the Cuba I knew 12 years ago on my last visit.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 9:46 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*G), Westjet Gold
It Gets Worse!

After boarding AC 8154 today in YYC, I looked out my window as agents unloaded a DH3 at gate A11.

They pulled up the sky check cart and opened the cargo door. The agent pulled bags from the middle of the cargo hold, causing sky checked bags to fall maybe 10 feet from the top of the cargo door onto the tarmac. I'd say 5 or 10 sky check bags fell like this, straight onto the tarmac. As if tossing bags wasn't enough, adding the concrete at the bottom is like the icing on the cake.

These were not checked bags or oversized carry ons, they were normal carry ons that don't fit in the DH3- bags many people probably wouldn't assume would need to be gate checked! I had my phone off in my bag but had it been handy, I would have immediately captured this.

You'd think that after all the negative publicity AC got about the tossing bags recently that staff would be more careful, but what I saw today was worse than before and very disappointing.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 12:28 am

Programs: Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by nave888
After boarding AC 8154 today in YYC, I looked out my window as agents unloaded a DH3 at gate A11.

They pulled up the sky check cart and opened the cargo door. The agent pulled bags from the middle of the cargo hold, causing sky checked bags to fall maybe 10 feet from the top of the cargo door onto the tarmac. I'd say 5 or 10 sky check bags fell like this, straight onto the tarmac. As if tossing bags wasn't enough, adding the concrete at the bottom is like the icing on the cake.

These were not checked bags or oversized carry ons, they were normal carry ons that don't fit in the DH3- bags many people probably wouldn't assume would need to be gate checked! I had my phone off in my bag but had it been handy, I would have immediately captured this.

You'd think that after all the negative publicity AC got about the tossing bags recently that staff would be more careful, but what I saw today was worse than before and very disappointing.
WOW these monkeys that work in AC are really redefining the word DUMB
Old Jun 15, 2014, 4:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by FastSRT8
WOW these monkeys that work in AC are really redefining the word DUMB
That's just rude. Did you see it for yourself or even a video? No. But going around calling people you haven't met while hiding behind "the internet"...well. The person you quoted shared what he saw, but did not make any insulting comments, just stated the fact.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 10:34 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
That's just rude. Did you see it for yourself or even a video? No. But going around calling people you haven't met while hiding behind "the internet"...well. The person you quoted shared what he saw, but did not make any insulting comments, just stated the fact.
I see.
And how would you describe such irresponsible behaviour? I'm pretty sure AC management has asked the baggage handlers to stop it, but the baggage handlers have not, have they? Perhaps you would prefer a more politically correct description of the psychological and emotional condition that is associated with people who do not wish to follow procedures and cut corners because they "feel" like it. Having had multiple bags damaged while in transit, or bags that were soaked through because the baggage handler left the bags where they were not supposed to be or didn't use the tarp, I can and do understand the frustration of PAX who are subject to the whims of the AC baggage crews. If you think the comment was rude, you probably would have had a stroke, if you had heard what the elderly couple had to say after their soaking wet bags popped down the carousel. I didn't think that a 70+ year old lady was capable of using such language in such a descriptive manner.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 10:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
I see.
And how would you describe such irresponsible behaviour? I'm pretty sure AC management has asked the baggage handlers to stop it, but the baggage handlers have not, have they? Perhaps you would prefer a more politically correct description of the psychological and emotional condition that is associated with people who do not wish to follow procedures and cut corners because they "feel" like it. Having had multiple bags damaged while in transit, or bags that were soaked through because the baggage handler left the bags where they were not supposed to be or didn't use the tarp, I can and do understand the frustration of PAX who are subject to the whims of the AC baggage crews. If you think the comment was rude, you probably would have had a stroke, if you had heard what the elderly couple had to say after their soaking wet bags popped down the carousel. I didn't think that a 70+ year old lady was capable of using such language in such a descriptive manner.
Did you personally see it happen or see a video of it happening? I don't disagree with you, but it was 1x person's comment. What if I willy nilly made a comment about CX or WS or some other airline. Would you find that the least bit credible if I had no proof? The guy had millions of views because he filmed it, not because he said it (eg had proof). Just saying.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 4:18 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

Rampies DO NOT CARE about your luggage. Checked, gate checked, whatever. Regardless of the airline. This is nothing new. I still don't get why people are surprised when things happen.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 8:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by tireman77
Rampies DO NOT CARE about your luggage. Checked, gate checked, whatever. Regardless of the airline. This is nothing new. I still don't get why people are surprised when things happen.
So all ramp agents are the same? Because of a few incidents, every person on the planet who's a ramp agent doesn't care about their customers and their luggage? Oh please. Stereotyping has hurt our planet enough.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 3:35 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion
Play the Celine Dion Air Canada song "you and I are made to fly"... then replace the words to say "your bags are meant to fly". That's what the bag handlers sing as they throw our property across the tarmac!
Old Jun 24, 2014, 8:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FastSRT8
Play the Celine Dion Air Canada song "you and I are made to fly"... then replace the words to say "your bags are meant to fly". That's what the bag handlers sing as they throw our property across the tarmac!
^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.