Wiki Posts
Search

Possible Aeroplan routing?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2014, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC
Possible Aeroplan routing?

Hey everyone. I have booked a few aeroplan rewards, but need some help on this one as its a bit too much for me.

I need to hit up 3 cities in September and want to know if it is possible on one booking.

Need to go from Toronto to Las Vegas, Kelowna and Vancouver. I have looked up the rules and I can do one stop over and one turnaround on a trip, but unsure of what that actually means....

travel dates are Sept 20 - 28.

Can anyone tell me if this is even possible? I am sure I will have to phone in for this one, and more than willing to pay the fee, but dont want to have to deal with aeroplan to find out in the end if its not even doable.

As always, thanks for any and all advice.

Last edited by canforce; Apr 16, 2014 at 7:20 am
Old Apr 16, 2014, 9:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
You can actually do two stopovers and your point of turnaround.

However, I doubt you'll be able to fly to all those cities on one ticket.

Routing through Vancouver to Kelowna is easy. Routing through Kelowna for Vegas...not so much

Hopefully someone will prove me wrong though.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 9:55 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Touch) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.2.1.2228 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Originally Posted by canadiancow
You can actually do two stopovers and your point of turnaround.

However, I doubt you'll be able to fly to all those cities on one ticket.

Routing through Vancouver to Kelowna is easy. Routing through Kelowna for Vegas...not so much

Hopefully someone will prove me wrong though.
Isn't it only one stopover on intra-C1 itineraries?

OP could probably do Toronto to Kelowna to Vancouver to LAS (probably via LAX or something) to Toronto. I think LAS would have to be the destination, otherwise you run into issues.

Last edited by pewpew; Apr 16, 2014 at 10:02 am
Old Apr 16, 2014, 10:01 am
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
I tried to book on Aeroplan the following
yul - las stop
las - yvr stop
yvr - yul end

it says "Your requested itinerary is invalid and cannot be booked on one reward".

Is that true? Based on the above comments, it would seem that this would be allowed? Thx for your feedback.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 10:05 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Touch) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.2.1.2228 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Originally Posted by RZR
I tried to book on Aeroplan the following
yul - las stop
las - yvr stop
yvr - yul end

it says "Your requested itinerary is invalid and cannot be booked on one reward".

Is that true? Based on the above comments, it would seem that this would be allowed? Thx for your feedback.
The edit I made on my phone didn't hold, but you're only allowed a single stopover or open jaw on flights within North America.

To OP: your best bet may be Toronto to Kelowna (open jaw) Vancouver to Las Vegas (destination) to Toronto. Transportation between Vancouver and Kelowna could be a one way short-haul award (7.5k), a revenue ticket, or a one way rental.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 2:24 pm

As per T & Cs:

28.1. Travel within Canada or between Canada and the Continental USA (not including Hawaii/Puerto Rico): One stopover permitted in addition to the point of turnaround. One open jaw is permitted in lieu of the one stopover.

28.2. Between Canada/Cont. USA and Hawaii/Puerto Rico/Mexico/Central America/Caribbean:

28.2.1. Rule for rewards containing only Air Canada flight: Two stopovers are permitted in addition to the point of turnaround. One open jaw is permitted in lieu of one stopover.

28.2.2. Rule for rewards containing a minimum of one flight on a Star Alliance partner other than Air Canada: One stopover is permitted in addition to the point of turnaround. One open jaw is permitted in addition to the one stopover.

And:

28.3. Intercontinental travel (travel between two continents): Two stopovers permitted in addition to the point of turnaround. One open jaw is permitted in lieu of one of the two stopovers.

28.4. Intracontinental travel (travel within the same continent) except for travel within Canada/Continental USA, or between Canada/Cont. USA and Hawaii/Puerto Rico/Mexico/Central America/Caribbean: Stopovers are not permitted. One open jaw is permitted.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 3:51 pm

Stopovers on fully Air Canada itins only

http://www4.aeroplan.com/terms_and_c...rdstaralliance

United

Eligible Flights for Reward Travel
All scheduled United Airlines, United Express and United Shuttle flights, subject to black out periods and availability.
Charter flights and code-share flights are not eligible.

Reward Travel Rules
No stopovers are permitted for travel between Canada and the Continental U.S.A. or within the Continental U.S.A.
One open jaw per reward for domestic flights.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 5:29 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K; Marriott Titanium; NEXUS
So...

If I were you, given only 1 stopover is allowed, I would do either of these all on AC metal:

YYZ - YVR (stopover)
YVR - LAS (destination)
LAS - YYZ

or

YYZ - LAS (destination)
LAS - YVR (stopover)
YVR - YYZ

plus, a "nested ticket":

YVR-YLW-YVR (either purchased--selling today for random dates during your proposed travel time as $250ish return a/i for T--or, if it turns out to be more expensive, a short-haul reward)

These are totally doable options, and should be bookable via an agent--don't know why it doesn't work online using multi-city booking option, but it doesn't... I personally would go for the purchased ticket YVR-YLW-YVR since it's a reasonable price, you get segments, and you likely won't get it much cheaper with reward ticket fuel surcharges, taxes, etc. Good luck!

Last edited by YQMer; Apr 16, 2014 at 5:41 pm
Old Apr 16, 2014, 5:50 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K; Marriott Titanium; NEXUS
Originally Posted by pewpew

The edit I made on my phone didn't hold, but you're only allowed a single stopover or open jaw on flights within North America.

To OP: your best bet may be Toronto to Kelowna (open jaw) Vancouver to Las Vegas (destination) to Toronto. Transportation between Vancouver and Kelowna could be a one way short-haul award (7.5k), a revenue ticket, or a one way rental.
Somebody might correct me, but I don't think this would work since with an open jaw, aren't you supposed to head back to the origin after the open jaw, i.e. YYZ-YVR-YLW / YVR-YYZ. In the case you raise, you would need another stop in LAS and to route YVR-LAS-YYZ which I don't think is legal anyway, and you can't have a stop and an open jaw.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 1:01 am

Programs: SPG, Nexus, Aeroplan, AMEX MR, BA Avios
Originally Posted by pewpew

Greyhounding (coach) is about 35$ a way per person! from Kelowna to Vancouver (has onboard wifi)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.