Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroplan Hertz partner promo

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2014, 7:25 am

Programs: AC Aeroplan SE, Marriott LTPPE
hertz

I have three Hertz bookings under this promo and have not received any of the points yet ! I guess a call to Hertz is in my future.
Old May 17, 2014, 9:51 am

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by Nfldflyer
I have three Hertz bookings under this promo and have not received any of the points yet ! I guess a call to Hertz is in my future.
Did you get your base points? When were the rentals?

Ron.
Old May 17, 2014, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by newfbc
Did you get your base points? When were the rentals?

Ron.
No point posting at all. I had two rentals in early April and one the first week of May.
Old May 17, 2014, 7:22 pm

No point posting at all. I had two rentals in early April and one the first week of May.
I would retrieve the receipts in question on hertz.com and see if there is anything in the FT field at all. I have never had ZE1 points fail to post if a) ZE1 appears on the receipt and b) the rate is eligible.

As for airline miles, well...
Old May 18, 2014, 1:43 am

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Hmm.. weird. I return my car on Sunday.. the base always post on Tuesday. I haven't gotten the bonus the past couple rentals.

Ron.
Old May 23, 2014, 1:12 pm

I literally book the exact same car/rate, from the same airport, for the same days/times 2 weeks apart.

1st rental nets 5,000 + 750
2nd rental nets just 750.

Is there any recourse here to get the 5,000 bonus? Anyone have luck? Is it a call to Hertz? Or Aeroplan? Or is this bonus allowed only once per aeroplan #?
Old May 24, 2014, 11:43 am

Programs: AC*Tangerine
I've had 4 Hertz rentals recently. For the first two, I got the 5000 and 1000 bonus miles with no issues. I'm currently in a back and forth with <[email protected]> for the 5000 miles for the third rental. Hertz is claiming that the PC used for the rental was not the PC specified in the promotion, although my reservation confirmation email clearly shows that I used the correct CDP and PC when booking.

The daily miles have posted for the fourth rental, but no bonus miles yet.
Old May 24, 2014, 12:24 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Hertz 5*
Been riding this promo for a month now and havent had any issues
I do mon-thr then thur to mon rentals. When I complete the mon-thur rentals the base points plus the bonus points always post by monday night and when I complete the thur-mon rental the points always post by wed night.

When i've had issues in the past I've always had to contact Hertz first and they are usually able to resolve issues fairly quickly
Old May 26, 2014, 2:53 pm

Hertz promo

Hmm.. weird. I return my car on Sunday.. the base always post on Tuesday. I haven't gotten the bonus the past couple rentals.

Ron.
To close the loop on my experience. I did contact Hertz and filled out their online forms for retroactive credit and 4 days later the points and bonus points for all my rentals in April and May were posted to my aeroplan account. Obviously some glitch in their system.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 10:16 am

Haven't received any bonus for my May rentals - 5 in total, 25000 points. All regular points have posted correctly. Have contacted them several times, no response. Becoming a pain! :/

Ron.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 12:49 pm

Programs: AC*Tangerine
I'm missing two 5000 point bonuses. I got an email response saying that the rental was completed using the wrong PC for the promotion and that it could not be changed after the fact. I double checked my reservations and both were made with the correct CDP and PC. If it changed, somebody at Hertz changed it, not me.

All my emails now get no response, so I guess I'll write a letter. It's infuriating though. What's the point of an Aeroplan promo if you can't trust the company to honour it?
Old Jun 11, 2014, 1:01 pm

All of my reservations were made with PC 195591 - I've verified that. Frustrating!
Old Jun 11, 2014, 4:07 pm

Programs: CX Gold/UA*G/HH Gold/Marriott Plt/SPG Gold/
No miles....

All of my reservations were made with PC 195591 - I've verified that. Frustrating!

Same here. I haven't received miles on my rentals since the beginning of May. After claiming retro miles with Hertz via online form - I did eventually receive the 750 regular miles, but never the 5000 bonus associated with the PC code. Now owed over 25,000 aeros.

Have sent repeated messages to Hertz by email, facebook, online form over the last 4 weeks with my rental #, pc code, note about missing miles- but NOT A SINGLE REPLY! Getting very frustrating.

The Hertz local location I rent from was sympathetic but said I was emailing the right email address.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 11:17 pm

Well a bunch of these posted tonight.. I'm current now including my rental last week.. except.. for my first 2 rentals in May.. still missing 10000 from those. Slowly getting there though.

Ron.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 8:35 am

Update!

Received this email today:
'Dear Mr. NewfBC:

Thank you for your inquiry, as well as for your patience while this issue was being resolved.

Due to an unforeseen technical issue, Aeroplan bonus miles for qualifying rentals booked with CDP#221417 and PC#195591 weren't awarded. We have now corrected this issue and have sent all qualifying rentals to Aeroplan. According to our records, your rentals were processed for the additional 5000 bonus miles as of 06-11-14. We apologize for the delay.

You are a valued Hertz customer and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.'

And yes, all of them have actually posted.. finally!

This is twice now that Hertz has had this 'issue'. Makes you go hmmm..

Ron.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.