Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroplan not ticketing?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2014, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Enough
Aeroplan not ticketing?

Just booked an F reward on UA, and it has been an hour or so and hasn't been ticketed... very simple award (YYZ-LHR), and those are usually ticketed instantly on UA...
Old Apr 1, 2014, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Question is, how long is the ticketing queue? A week, two?

(I won't mention my own story until after it gets resolved.)
Old Apr 1, 2014, 8:06 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
My itinerary changed due to one of my flights getting Rouged... took them 4 days to re-issue my ticket. I called in Saturday, got re-issued today.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 11:12 pm

Programs: AC E75K
I booked an intra Europe flight today (in J) and the aeroplan website said I should call an agent to pay the fees. It got ticketed right after that.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 6:27 am

Programs: Aeroplan 35K
Booked a reward flight last week, and waited 24 hours for it to be ticketed (credit card for fees was cleared instantly)...I was about to call in when the e-mail finally appeared. Doesn't seem to be an instant process anymore...
Old Apr 2, 2014, 7:18 am

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
They apparently now queue the ticketing process so sometimes it'll happen instantly, others it can take a few days until there's a lull in tickets. If the flight is very soon, then it'll be ticketed immediately. They can hold the seats for several days without losing them. The one to watch out for is that some of the partner airlines will only allow them hold seats 48hrs before ticketing, so if there's a non-AC leg in there, call them back after 36hrs and hassle them.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 7:21 am

Programs: AC MM 50K, Marriott LTT
FWIW, another data point, booked a reward flight on the weekend and email ticket was received within a minute without any noticeable delay.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 7:22 am

Programs: AC/SE, SPG, ICG
Night before last I booked 3 tickets mainline AC Y for travel in two weeks. E-mail was in my box in five minutes.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 7:26 am

Programs: Aeroplan 35K
The only thing consistent is the inconsistency....
Old Apr 2, 2014, 7:27 am

deleted

Last edited by Melville; Apr 2, 2014 at 7:31 am Reason: duplicate
Old Apr 2, 2014, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by newsguy911
The only thing consistent is the inconsistency....
Just to add, reward ticket booked was a non-AC and several months out.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 8:59 am

Programs: Aeroplan
I just booked Toronto to LaGuardia for September - Aeroplan Market Fare - ticketing was instantaneous. But I have waited a few days in the past.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My experience has been that if you can get the ticket on aeroplan.com, it gets ticketed right away. Same thing with an agent if the ticket could have been issued by aeroplan.com.

However if there are issues and the ticket gets forwarded to the ticketing department, reservations may end up lapsing before the ticket is issued. Still waiting on mine...
Old Apr 2, 2014, 9:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Stranger
My experience has been that if you can get the ticket on aeroplan.com, it gets ticketed right away. Same thing with an agent if the ticket could have been issued by aeroplan.com.

However if there are issues and the ticket gets forwarded to the ticketing department, reservations may end up lapsing before the ticket is issued. Still waiting on mine...
I used IKK for a couple flights (all North American and AC metal) the other day, online. I booked two one ways. Both ticketing emails arrived within seconds of each other, the next day.

Maybe IKK made it more complicated, but it's not as easy as AC metal or booking online for instant ticketing.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 7:30 pm

My transit LH1036 FRA-CDG cancelled due pilots on strike. Re-ticketed by Aeroplan with a direct flight YYZ-CDG and electronic revision received within couple minutes!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.