Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Dash-8s out of service soon?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Dash-8s out of service soon?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2017, 7:30 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by marke190
I believe these Q400s are the old ex-Sky Regional ones that were transferred over to Jazz. Before they were relegated to mainly YUL-YTZ and only a handful of other routes out East but now they've been scattered everywhere so it's become overhead bin roulette!
I've seen them on the YUL-YQB route several times in the last few months and I have learned to loathe them.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jasdou
I've seen them on the YUL-YQB route several times in the last few months and I have learned to loathe them.
What are the FIN numbers? 490s and up?
Old Nov 28, 2017, 7:36 am

Programs: WS Gold, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, AC 100K, INtercontinetal Ambassador, Avis Prefered Plus
Agreed, they fly that version sometimes on YXE - YYC, I dislike the Q4's anyway. Give me the Dash 8 anytime, easy on and off, skycheck and an emergency exit in view.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by acysb87
What are the FIN numbers? 490s and up?
Sorry, I never paid any attention to that. I usually learn that we are going to be on one of these during boarding when the GA asks me if I would like to check my bag. I always decline politely and stick my suitcase underneath the seat in front of me. That will only work in rows 2 and 3 though and even then, it will still stick out into my foot space. One GA commented once that I'd be allowed "this time only" as they normally don't allow bags that are not completely flush with the seatback to be put there.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry, I never paid any attention to that. I usually learn that we are going to be on one of these during boarding when the GA asks me if I would like to check my bag. I always decline politely and stick my suitcase underneath the seat in front of me. That will only work in rows 2 and 3 though and even then, it will still stick out into my foot space. One GA commented once that I'd be allowed "this time only" as they normally don't allow bags that are not completely flush with the seatback to be put there.
I might be OK with a point to point check luggage if required. i.e. YSB/YYZ
I would take issue with GA where I go YSB/YYZ/FRA . Having to pick up a roll on at FRA luggage carousel is not my preference.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 12:49 pm

I would take issue with GA where I go YSB/YYZ/FRA . Having to pick up a roll on at FRA luggage carousel is not my preference.
Agreed. Skycheck is a much more attractive option than gate check when you have onwards connections.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 4:23 pm

Programs: AC, US, AA, UA, BA, QF, DL...
Agreed. We're seeing these more and more on YQT-YYZ, but so far I've managed to avoid having to gate check my bag on a connecting itinerary. If (when?) the situation arises, are the gate agents able to sky check my bag with the strollers, car seats, etc. so I get it back in Toronto before my international connection? I carry meds, electronics, and a change of clothes for the plane with me in that bag, so I really don't want to travel without it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.