Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Contact for Award Upgrade issue

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2014, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC Altitude E35K, *Silve, UA Premier Silver, Marriott Platinum, SPG Preferred Plus, a bunch of other
Contact for Award Upgrade issue

Hi All:

First world problem but at least wanted to voice my displeasure to AC/AP, and not sure where to go with it.

Did a reward flight to St. Martin with my wife.... 3 segments in Executive Class except the return segment from St. Martin to YYZ. Received an email from Aeroplan prior to the trip about the ability to stand by at the airport for upgrade for the economy class segment that pointed me to this:
http://www4.aeroplan.com/whats_new/n...&cid=000610334

So asked at check in in St. Martin, and was told that I had to ask at the gate... OK no problem.
So asked when I got the gate and the agent (who was not an Air Canada employee - subcontractor likely) said they could no longer do this, and that I would have to contact Air Canada to do that..... no ability to call from the airport :-(

Would have been nice to:
1) Be alerted to the fact this cannot be handled properly at this airport.
2) Be told that I had to contact AC to do that instead of telling me to try it at the airport.

Any idea who I should direct my "concern" about the lack of a process to handle that?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.