How is Tango?

Old Jun 13, 02, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

How is Tango?

I just booked a flight YYZ to YVR on Tango for August. The travel agent hadn't heard any reports on how Tango flights are. Do they usually leave on time? I know that you have to pay for food and movies but I was just wondering how comfortable the flights are. The flight was about $240 less than Air Canada. I don't mind paying for snacks if I am going to save that much.
Old Jun 14, 02, 7:11 am

They are quite similar to AC mainline flights in terms of comfort and on-time performance. In fact, some Tango A320 seats actually have more legroom than mainline A320 seats.
Old Jun 14, 02, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Agree with Stu completely. No different than AC mainline coach product (other than paying for snacks/beverages).
Old Jun 14, 02, 8:26 am
Company Representative - Air Canada

I wonder if you're an Elite or higher, can you check in at T3, take the shuttle to T2 and use the lounge for a couple of hours before heading back over to T3 to board your flight. Then again, you'll need to arrive pretty early to do this.

Or if you don't have any bags, can you just check in using the kiosk at T2 and then use the MLL for a bit before heading over to T3.

[I'm talking about YYZ]
Old Jun 14, 02, 8:48 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*, Hyatt Platinum
I wonder if security in T2 will let you in with a BP for T3? Have they allowed this for T1 before?
Old Jun 14, 02, 8:56 am

Yes, security in T2 will allow you in with a boarding pass for T1. The fastest way to transfer between terminals from a transborder flight is to clear security in T2 and then take the airside shuttle to T1. The landside shuttle is slow and infrequent.

I have no idea if they'll allow you to pass with a boarding pass for T3, or if they will even notice.
Old Jun 14, 02, 8:58 am
Company Representative - Air Canada

I think Tango boarding pass is just the standard AC ones so security might not even notice that you should be at T3 instead.
Old Jun 14, 02, 9:26 am

Do you really think its worth the effort of going to the MLL unless you have hours and hours to kill? I find I rarely use them even when flying from T2.

I would also agree that the Tango experience is pretty much the same as AC mainline (without of course the stupid requirement for Sat. night stay).
Old Jun 14, 02, 10:54 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

FWIW:

Tango By Air Canada Moves to Terminal 3 at Toronto's Pearson Airport on June 15, 2002

Air Canada would like to remind its customers that commencing June 15, the operations of Tango - its high-value, low fare, no frills service - will move from Terminal 2 to Terminal 3 at Toronto's Lester B. Pearson International Airport. The move is designed to ensure optimal customer service and reduce congestion at Terminal 2.

http://biz.yahoo.com/cnw/020614/a_ai...o_moves_2.html
Old Jun 16, 02, 6:28 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
What are you all talking about? It is not the same at all as AC. The pitch has been reduced greatly, so if you like your knees up in your jawbone, fly tango, unless you are under 5' in which case you might not notice the differnce!!!!

I have done it and do not intend to do it again unless it is for a very short flight.
Old Jun 16, 02, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
I've been on it more than a dozen times, and I can honestly say it seemd no different than mainline coach.

I rarely recline my seat, and the legrrom seems the same, so maybe that's why I'm not complaining.
Old Jun 16, 02, 8:04 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA AAll the wAAy!!
I don't know if this has been answered before, but since I might be doing the Tango next month, here goes;

Is there is stargold/ MLC check-in benefits with Tango?
Old Jun 16, 02, 10:08 pm

Programs: AA, AB, AC, AD, AE, AF, AG... you get the picture
I have no doubt that in T3, there won't be any *G check-in counters... one of the (unmentioned) reasons why AC moved them over.

In other airports where Tango shares concourses with AC, i've never had problems checking in at the E/SE counters.
Old Jun 17, 02, 6:01 am
Original Member

Programs: AA AAll the wAAy!!
I'm hoping that there will be check-in kiosks at least at T3?
Old Jun 17, 02, 6:53 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by 100,000miler:
What are you all talking about? It is not the same at all as AC. The pitch has been reduced greatly, so if you like your knees up in your jawbone, fly tango, unless you are under 5' in which case you might not notice the differnce!!!!</font>
The pitch is at least as good as the mainline Y product, sometimes better. It is also better than West Jet, and much much better than JetsGo.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: