FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   List your AP Distinction Benefits Here (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1555262-list-your-ap-distinction-benefits-here.html)

Lllahim Feb 25, 2014 4:08 pm

List your AP Distinction Benefits Here

Almost two months into AP Distinction environment. Will be nice to see how well the program served you so far. I have not found any use for it to date and doubt I will ever find one. I wish they sent me a card to show off my status. Maybe, a luggage tag as well. This is the only club I am member with no proof of status outside my computer.

yqtyyz Feb 25, 2014 4:18 pm

The only benefit I've noticed is the aeroplan e-store bonus miles. It's pretty good in conjunction with purchasing big ticket items such as a laptop or ipad.

yscleo Feb 25, 2014 4:23 pm

My benefit is aeropeso at times send me emails to remind me I have the black status and that there are lots of benefits. Other than that, zilch. It's really a Distinct Disfunction.

Bonaventure Feb 25, 2014 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by Lllahim (Post 22416481)
I wish they sent me a card to show off my status. Maybe, a luggage tag as well. This is the only club I am member with no proof of status outside my computer.

Lol.

CanadaDH Feb 25, 2014 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by Lllahim (Post 22416481)
Almost two months into AP Distinction environment. Will be nice to see how well the program served you so far. I have not found any use for it to date and doubt I will ever find one. I wish they sent me a card to show off my status. Maybe, a luggage tag as well. This is the only club I am member with no proof of status outside my computer.

What exactly would you need a card for showing your Distinction level? I can't think of any travel or retail situations where you receive something different based on your Distinction level. All of the benefits are electronic and processed behind the scenes. I think the whole program is pretty lame, and I'm not sure I'd want to walk around advertising dDiamond on my luggage.

canadiancow Feb 25, 2014 4:45 pm

Bonus miles for Fairmont stays.
Free $25 bar credit at Fairmont :D

I'll be getting bonus miles for my eligible round-trip when I complete the other half of it in two months, because YYZ-SFO-YYZ is eligible but SFO-YYZ-SFO is not :rolleyes:

But hey, free miles are free miles, right?

maradori Feb 25, 2014 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 22416696)
Bonus miles for Fairmont stays.
Free $25 bar credit at Fairmont :D

I'll be getting bonus miles for my eligible round-trip when I complete the other half of it in two months, because YYZ-SFO-YYZ is eligible but SFO-YYZ-SFO is not :rolleyes:

But hey, free miles are free miles, right?

FML I keep forgetting about this and end up booking sfo-yyz-sfo //wrist

canadiancow Feb 25, 2014 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by maradori (Post 22416762)

Why bother with the round trip at all then? I think I booked exactly one round trip last year on AC :p

100,000miler Feb 25, 2014 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by maradori (Post 22416762)

I do not get it either....apart from market rates (nice but LOL) i am missing the real benefits of this new level from Disticion. And I am a Diamond member so what really gives here?

muskoka Feb 25, 2014 6:53 pm

I got to wade through all the gate lice & priority board on my last trip to YYZ.
WooHoo!:p

canadiancow Feb 25, 2014 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by muskoka (Post 22417318)
I got to wade through all the gate lice & priority board on my last trip to YYZ.
WooHoo!:p

That's not a Distinction benefit. It's been like that since I started flying :p

canopus27 Feb 25, 2014 7:11 pm

I'm very proud of my Distinction status. Extremely proud, in fact. So proud that words really don't do it justice, I have to use a picture to represent the value ...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-jNDaffb4lG...+wasteland.jpg

yscleo Feb 25, 2014 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by canopus27 (Post 22417407)
I'm very proud of my Distinction status. Extremely proud, in fact. So proud that words really don't do it justice, I have to use a picture to represent the value ...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-jNDaffb4lG...+wasteland.jpg

That pic is too nice. It's sunny, and you can see something (maybe trees or grass, mountain) in the horizon, to give you hope for a "greener pasture". The bottom 2/3 of the pic is more like it.

yqtyyz Feb 25, 2014 7:28 pm

All we need is a tumbleweed tumbling from left to right.

jarusoba Feb 25, 2014 8:00 pm

Absolutely no benefit that I would find useful.

Having said that, I've already qualified for Diamond next year.:eek: