Search

Standby Games--Winning Most

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2014, 9:52 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Standby Games--Winning Most

has worked ok for me most times in the past so gave it another shot yesterday on YEG-YYC and I played my cards right.

There was one M class seat available that I could have paid $50 to get on at 1 hour before 2 PM flight time or I could wait for my 3 PM.

I decided to play my cards since all flights were running full (zeroed out mostly). Went to the gate and agent said it was oversold but put me on list anyway (as usual). She was calling for volunteers due to oversold (strange that 1 M class was still available) but after flight had boarded, I looked up at her and she waved me over and gave me my boarding pass for the earlier 2 PM flight.

I don't know if it is status or horseshoes but I have seldom missed doing this at no charge for a number of stations in Canada (other main one has been YVR-YYJ). If I really wanted to I could have paid a reasonable $50 but sometimes I like the thrill of small time gambling
Old Feb 23, 2014, 1:31 pm

Well, it's a lot easier to gamble when you are an SE 1MM, so not really anything earth shattering, no? Try that as an E35 these days...
Old Feb 23, 2014, 5:35 pm

And it is also different gambling with Express versus Mainline;

I, and another Non-Status pax have been able to get on earlier YOW-YUL or YUL-YOW flights free;
Old Feb 23, 2014, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by hearna
And it is also different gambling with Express versus Mainline;

I, and another Non-Status pax have been able to get on earlier YOW-YUL or YUL-YOW flights free;
How do you go about pulling that one off?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.