Flight Pass: Custom routing

Old Feb 16, 14, 11:51 pm
Original Poster

Flight Pass: Custom routing

I have Transcontinental Flex Flight Passes. When booking online, there is usually a Houston-Calgary via Toronto flight available everyday, which leaves around 5 PM and arrives in Calgary after midnight. This is the only IAH-YYC flight available through the Flight Pass booking tool which routes through Toronto.

What I wanted to know is if it is possible to call Air Canada and book a route that will fly Houston-Toronto in the morning, then Toronto-Calgary in the evening, all for 1 flight pass credit?
Old Feb 17, 14, 12:28 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by d00little View Post
I have Transcontinental Flex Flight Passes. When booking online, there is usually a Houston-Calgary via Toronto flight available everyday, which leaves around 5 PM and arrives in Calgary after midnight. This is the only IAH-YYC flight available through the Flight Pass booking tool which routes through Toronto.

What I wanted to know is if it is possible to call Air Canada and book a route that will fly Houston-Toronto in the morning, then Toronto-Calgary in the evening, all for 1 flight pass credit?
Generally not as you'll be held to the standard 4 hour connection rule.
Old Feb 17, 14, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K, Accor Plat, Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rehoult View Post
Generally not as you'll be held to the standard 4 hour connection rule.
That rule can be broken with the FP booking system (guess who's spending more than 4 hours in YVR later today ), but I think only when other options are severely limited.

You should try to call, as you may get lucky
Old Feb 17, 14, 9:32 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
I thought the rule was 4 hour connection or if no flight within 4 hours, next flight out.
Old Feb 17, 14, 9:43 am

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
I thought the rule was 4 hour connection or if no flight within 4 hours, next flight out.
Correct, but I assume in OP's case since there are plenty or YYZ-YYC flights every day he will not have a choice to take one within 4 hours of arriving from IAH.
Old Feb 17, 14, 9:48 am

Programs: AC Altitude E75K (*G), NEXUS
Unless there's no M available on them?
Old Feb 17, 14, 10:58 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by gabdusch View Post
Correct, but I assume in OP's case since there are plenty or YYZ-YYC flights every day he will not have a choice to take one within 4 hours of arriving from IAH.
That was my thought. The reverse would probably be easier, but there are loads of YYZ-YYC flights.

Search this Thread