FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Flight Pass: Custom routing (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1552516-flight-pass-custom-routing.html)

d00little Feb 16, 2014 10:51 pm

Flight Pass: Custom routing

I have Transcontinental Flex Flight Passes. When booking online, there is usually a Houston-Calgary via Toronto flight available everyday, which leaves around 5 PM and arrives in Calgary after midnight. This is the only IAH-YYC flight available through the Flight Pass booking tool which routes through Toronto.

What I wanted to know is if it is possible to call Air Canada and book a route that will fly Houston-Toronto in the morning, then Toronto-Calgary in the evening, all for 1 flight pass credit?

rehoult Feb 16, 2014 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by d00little (Post 22361969)
I have Transcontinental Flex Flight Passes. When booking online, there is usually a Houston-Calgary via Toronto flight available everyday, which leaves around 5 PM and arrives in Calgary after midnight. This is the only IAH-YYC flight available through the Flight Pass booking tool which routes through Toronto.

What I wanted to know is if it is possible to call Air Canada and book a route that will fly Houston-Toronto in the morning, then Toronto-Calgary in the evening, all for 1 flight pass credit?

Generally not as you'll be held to the standard 4 hour connection rule.

canadiancow Feb 17, 2014 7:07 am

Originally Posted by rehoult (Post 22362087)
Generally not as you'll be held to the standard 4 hour connection rule.

That rule can be broken with the FP booking system (guess who's spending more than 4 hours in YVR later today :rolleyes:), but I think only when other options are severely limited.

You should try to call, as you may get lucky :)

Dorian Feb 17, 2014 8:32 am

I thought the rule was 4 hour connection or if no flight within 4 hours, next flight out.

gabdusch Feb 17, 2014 8:43 am

Originally Posted by Dorian (Post 22363727)
I thought the rule was 4 hour connection or if no flight within 4 hours, next flight out.

Correct, but I assume in OP's case since there are plenty or YYZ-YYC flights every day he will not have a choice to take one within 4 hours of arriving from IAH.

flyquiet Feb 17, 2014 8:48 am

Unless there's no M available on them?

rehoult Feb 17, 2014 9:58 am

Originally Posted by gabdusch (Post 22363788)
Correct, but I assume in OP's case since there are plenty or YYZ-YYC flights every day he will not have a choice to take one within 4 hours of arriving from IAH.

That was my thought. The reverse would probably be easier, but there are loads of YYZ-YYC flights.