Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Upgrading single Tango segment on AC-LH itinerary?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2014, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *A G, United MP Premier 1K

Would anyone know if the fare type of a single segment can be changed for a fee (e.g. Tango to Flex), in order to then be upgraded, by an E50K? The ticket in question would be a Kayak web fare, open-jaw itinerary that combines AC and LH segments.

Routing is IAD-FRA direct on LH outbound, and TLV-YYZ-IAD on AC on return. I'd like to upgrade the 12.5 hour TLV-YYZ segment.

I'd call priority contacts, but they're backed up due to the snow... Thank you in advance, fellow flyers.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 6:53 pm

Programs: AC: Ac*A, , Nexus: Expired
It is fare difference. I have done it lots. Just call and say you want flex instead of tango. There is no change fee - just fare difference.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 6:54 pm

Generally, you have to change the entire fare (all segments) if you only want to change the booking class of a single flight. And in your case, if your ticket is on LH stock, you're going to be wanting to deal with them, not AC.

The only exceptions I can think of would be when you want to downgrade the booking class of a segment; I have yet to hear of one person upgrading a single segment of a fare.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 6:54 pm

Also what is the date of your flight? Have you checked EF or the like to look at R and J space? I suspect that tvl-YYZ is going to be a hard upgrade for an e50. If traveling AFTER march 1 you also need the co-pay
Old Feb 13, 2014, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by hydrogen
Generally, you have to change the entire fare (all segments) if you only want to change the booking class of a single flight. And in your case, if your ticket is on LH stock, you're going to be wanting to deal with them, not AC.

The only exceptions I can think of would be when you want to downgrade the booking class of a segment; I have yet to hear of one person upgrading a single segment of a fare.
This. I missed you only want one segment not the entire return.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *A G, United MP Premier 1K
Thank you for the replies. I don't mind changing the full return fare, or even the whole trip. It's just that the LH&AC routing is ideal and not available on the AC website.

Danapop, that's a very good point, the front cabin will likely be sold out... I have been flying LHR-YYZ a lot lately and there is so much space that I've become totally spoilt in expecting the upgrade to go through every time. And yes, flying after March 1, I was ready to fork over the co-pay.

Last edited by Juju2014; Feb 13, 2014 at 7:10 pm
Old Feb 13, 2014, 7:57 pm

Programs: AC SE
I had a similar situation with a UA issued ticket that included an AC segment that booked into a Tango fare. AC confirmed they weren't able to do anything, as UA had control of the ticket up to departure. In order to bump up the fare class on the AC segment, UA had to reprice the ticket, and the cost that they quoted me wasn't worth it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.