Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Why no stop on asia 1 - asia 1 award?

Old Feb 12, 2014, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan E75

Thailand, China and Japan are all part of "Asia 1" AE award.

How come I get the message that this itinerary cannot be booked in one award?

BKK-HND (destination)

Return:
HND-CTU (stop)
CTU-BKK

AE website says any return award can include a stop (plus the destination).
Old Feb 12, 2014, 9:57 am

Stopovers are not permitted on intracontinental travel, unless it's a North American itinerary.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 10:41 am
alc

Here is the link with the full detail on Aeroplan web site:

https://www4.aeroplan.com/terms_and_...tion=rewardair

and here is the section about the Stopover and OpenJaw:

Flight Reward Travel Involving a Stopover/Open Jaw

26. Stopovers are not permitted on one-way flight rewards.

27. Stopovers and/or open jaws are not permitted on flight rewards with Calm Air.

28. On roundtrip rewards, stopovers are permitted as follows:

28.1. Travel within Canada or between Canada and the Continental USA (not including Hawaii/Puerto Rico): One stopover permitted in addition to the point of turnaround. One open jaw is permitted in lieu of the one stopover.

28.2. Between Canada/Cont. USA and Hawaii/Puerto Rico/Mexico/Central America/Caribbean:

28.2.1. Rule for rewards containing only Air Canada flight: Two stopovers are permitted in addition to the point of turnaround. One open jaw is permitted in lieu of one stopover.

28.2.2. Rule for rewards containing a minimum of one flight on a Star Alliance partner other than Air Canada: One stopover is permitted in addition to the point of turnaround. One open jaw is permitted in addition to the one stopover.

28.3. Intercontinental travel (travel between two continents): Two stopovers permitted in addition to the point of turnaround. One open jaw is permitted in lieu of one of the two stopovers.

28.4. Intracontinental travel (travel within the same continent) except for travel within Canada/Continental USA, or between Canada/Cont. USA and Hawaii/Puerto Rico/Mexico/Central America/Caribbean: Stopovers are not permitted. One open jaw is permitted.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by alc

I am confused. I thought it was possible to book a mini rtw with two stops and one POT if flying whilst flying a star alliance carrier and not just AC? Has this recently changed?
Old Feb 12, 2014, 1:28 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by alexisonsmith
I am confused. I thought it was possible to book a mini rtw with two stops and one POT if flying whilst flying a star alliance carrier and not just AC? Has this recently changed?
I believe OP is talking about flying Asia1 <-> Asia1 not Canada/ContinentalUSA <-> Asia1.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 1:33 pm

but even in Asia 1 - Asia 1 I thought the same rules applied?
Old Feb 12, 2014, 1:37 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
but even in Asia 1 - Asia 1 I thought the same rules applied?
Not according to rule 28.4
Old Feb 12, 2014, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan E75
Originally Posted by alc

Thank you!
Old Feb 12, 2014, 7:28 pm
alc

I think that is what the following rule said, is this correct?

28.3. Intercontinental travel (travel between two continents): Two stopovers permitted in addition to the point of turnaround. One open jaw is permitted in lieu of one of the two stopovers.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by alc
I think that is what the following rule said, is this correct?
Yet not the route the OP was curious about.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 7:42 pm
alc

Originally Posted by Dorian
Yet not the route the OP was curious about.
Yes, I know what OP is asking. I was just answering alexisonsmith asking about 2 stops + POT for a mini RTW ticket.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by alc
Yes, I know what OP is asking. I was just answering alexisonsmith asking about 2 stops + POT for a mini RTW ticket.
Sorry, didn't catch that. ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.