Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Earn Thousands of Aeroplan Miles on Hotel Bookings with Rocketmiles

Old Feb 8, 14, 12:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan, Canada & Manufactured Spending
Original Poster

As I hadn't seen this posted yet thought I would share it:

https://www.rocketmiles.com/aeroplan-3k-bonus

The partnership is covered in more detail in this recent blog post.
Old Feb 8, 14, 4:44 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
It was mentioned in MileBuzz Canada
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...l#post22311598

Here's the T&C
RocketMiles doesn't even list all the hotels
but if one can find "normal" rate or even better get reimbursed by work, go for it

T&C from my email
Qualifying Activity: To be eligible, the hotel reservation MUST BE BOOKED USING THIS PROMOTIONAL LINK (www.rocketmiles.com/aeroplan-3k-bonus) by 11:59PM CT on 6 April 2014 and travel by 31 December 2014 (a yellow banner at the top of the search results page will clearly show if search criteria qualify for the bonus). Limited to first time customers and subject to investigation post-purchase. Limit one per customer. Limit one per stay. Promotional offer can not be applied to existing bookings or retroactively applied to bookings not made using the link above. Promotional offer CANNOT be combined with ANY other bonuses or offers. Rocketmiles reserves the right to retract a bonus AT ANY TIME if it detects fraud, stacking of bonuses, technical errors, cancel/rebooking activity (defined by identical search criteria), or ANY other deceptive behavior attempted to circumvent the limits expressed above. See www.rocketmiles.com/terms for full terms, or call our friendly concierges at 1-855-355-7625 with questions of eligibility or for any other assistance. ®Aeroplan is a registered trademark of Aimia Canada Inc.
Old Feb 8, 14, 4:48 pm

Programs: AC: Ac*A, , Nexus: Expired
This is pretty awesome
Old Feb 8, 14, 4:52 pm
Formerly known as cindyrcollins

Programs: Aeroplan
Is this for real?! I've stayed at lousy hotels just to get a bonus of 500 AP. This website offers a thousand a night or more, each night! Game changer.
Old Feb 8, 14, 5:17 pm

Programs: AC E50K, Flying Blue, Accor Gold, ANA, Avios
Think I will wait and see on this promo.

Looked at rooms in Tokyo and H Kong for an upcoming trip (I already have booked them elsewhere but wanted to see what Rocketmiles offered).

Their selection was pathetic--5 hotels in Tokyo (although I will admit it is for a weekend that might be difficult to book as the Tokyo Marathon is going on).

Hong Kong has more offerings, but not really many compared to most other booking sites.

Last edited by mapleg; Feb 8, 14 at 7:11 pm
Old Feb 8, 14, 6:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC E50K, WS Gold, AA Plat, Hertz PC, National EE

looked at LAX and price is $40 higher with this promo compared to booking on Hyatt.com....
I think I'd rather receive the stay credits and Hyatt points+ benefits for that so it's a no go for me as of now
Old Feb 9, 14, 10:22 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG Gold Elite, Marriott Rewards
Talking

Originally Posted by mapleg View Post

Think I will wait and see on this promo.

Their selection was pathetic
Quite true, but if you're lucky to find "your" hotel it seems like a fantastic deal.

"Our" favourite hotel near Tokyo is listed for $124 for a standard room!
Great price but the best rooms; high floor, king, overlooking harbour, are not available.

According to the rocketmiles t&c, rooms are allocated upon check-in.

I'll be choosing rocketmiles for a 1 night stay in Ontario next month, $122 at a Radisson and will receive 4,000 miles!

Thank you very much OP!

(How come Aeroplan never told us about this!!!)

Last edited by TemboOne; Feb 9, 14 at 11:00 pm
Old Feb 9, 14, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by SKYEG View Post
looked at LAX and price is $40 higher with this promo compared to booking on Hyatt.com....
I think I'd rather receive the stay credits and Hyatt points+ benefits for that so it's a no go for me as of now
Are you sure that you do not get the stay credit with this promo? I checked with Delta, for example, and my platinum plus number will be attached to the folio once I call with the reservation number and I will be credited as a "stay"
Old Feb 9, 14, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by SKYEG View Post
More from the FAQ:

Will my Rocketmiles reservation count toward elite status with my hotel's loyalty program?

Many of our frequent travelers have told us that they often DO receive the benefits they are eligible for based on their existing status, and that their stay counts toward their hotel loyalty account. However, we are unable to guarantee this as each hotel loyalty program does not make the same guarantee to us, and has advised that situations are treated on a case-by-case basis, with the ultimate decision being made by the specific property's reservation management staff.
Old Feb 10, 14, 12:06 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG Plat,
Originally Posted by danapop View Post
Are you sure that you do not get the stay credit with this promo? I checked with Delta, for example, and my platinum plus number will be attached to the folio once I call with the reservation number and I will be credited as a "stay"
Stays booked through portals like Rocketmiles typically would not be an "eligible rate" for programs like Hyatt or SPG. Getting credit would likely only be done by accident.
Old Feb 10, 14, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by somedude3210 View Post
Stays booked through portals like Rocketmiles typically would not be an "eligible rate" for programs like Hyatt or SPG. Getting credit would likely only be done by accident.
PointsHound (miles for hotel bookings) has some rates that are eligible for hotel points and stay night/credit.

RocketMiles uses Tourico and sells "distressed" inventory. They jack up the wholesale price to match the hotel's own headline rate and give miles for the difference.

They have had first booking bonus offers as high as 5,000 miles, but this 3,000 offer is more typical.

You can usually find the same properties that RocketMiles sells via LMTC for less.
Old Feb 10, 14, 1:13 pm

As someone with no loyalty to any particular hotel chain, this is definitely something I'll take a look at. But I'm still not sure I can be convinced to spend more here vs. Priceline/Hotwire.
Old Feb 11, 14, 8:57 am

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
As jerryhung pointed out (in the MilesBuzz! thread), Rocketmiles makes a lot of sense for business travellers.

Here are 3 scenarios for booking the same hotel room:

• Regular hotel: $120 per night, maybe 250 to 500 miles
• Most third party hotel booking sites: $100 to $120 per night, prepaid, and no miles
•.Rocketmiles: $120 to $140 per night, 4000 miles

So if the company is paying for the room, which one would you choose?

I could see a lot of road warriors motivated to go book a room on Rocketmiles, certainly to go get the 3000 bonus.

And if they're travelling with a spouse, book a second reservation under a different account name and get another 3000 bonus.
Old Mar 26, 14, 7:09 pm

Programs: I'm a nobody everywhere
Does anyone know if Rocketmiles count as Distinction miles?

Furthemore, do the miles post at booking? or after the stay? Looking to hit Distinction black to qualify for the promotion and short about 3K AP.
Old Mar 26, 14, 9:03 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by teriyaki View Post
Does anyone know if Rocketmiles count as Distinction miles?

Furthemore, do the miles post at booking? or after the stay? Looking to hit Distinction black to qualify for the promotion and short about 3K AP.

Do a 3-day weekend rental at Hertz. ~$50-75. Get 5750 Aeroplan. They're posting quickly, within 2 days after return. (there was a problem with the 5k bonus posting, but they've just fixed that.) The entire 5750 - 750 base/5000 bonus post as Distinction.

See here for details..
https://www4.aeroplan.com/promotions...p1000039_Hertz

Ron.

Search this Thread