FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Aeroplan Booking Fee Charged Twice (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1548477-aeroplan-booking-fee-charged-twice.html)

Plumber Feb 4, 2014 7:48 am

Aeroplan Booking Fee Charged Twice

I noticed on my credit card that Aeroplan has charged me twice for the booking fee (135.60 as there are 4 travelers).

Ok- no problem- I called Aeroplan and was told the NEW process was to send an email to an Aeroplan email address and they will take care of it.

So I send the email and get a automated response that says:

Please note it may take up to six weeks for the mileage credit to appear in your account as some partner airlines require this amount of time to validate your request. All other email requests will be handled within 60 business days.

60 Days! :eek:

I would have thought they could have dealt with this on the phone as it is their error.

Anyone else have this situation lately?

YOWler Feb 4, 2014 7:52 am

Dispute it with your credit card. 60 days is unacceptable and most credit card T&Cs require you inform them of duplicate charges within 30 days of your statement date.

markandrew Feb 4, 2014 7:54 am

Originally Posted by Plumber (Post 22283678)
I noticed on my credit card that Aeroplan has charged me twice for the booking fee (135.60 as there are 4 travelers).

Ok- no problem- I called Aeroplan and was told the NEW process was to send an email to an Aeroplan email address and they will take care of it.

Please note it may take up to six weeks for the mileage credit to appear in your account as some partner airlines require this amount of time to validate your request. All other email requests will be handled within 60 business days.

I would have thought they could have dealt with this on the phone as it is their error.

Anyone else have this situation lately?

Completely unacceptable, if you have AC or AP status and get through right away, call back and if not completed while on the phone speak to a supervisor, and state that if they are unwilling to resolve there and then that you will call your credit card company to investigate. If you have to wait an hour to speak to AP then scratch the above and just directly call your card issuer.

mapleg Feb 4, 2014 8:11 am

Originally Posted by Plumber (Post 22283678)

Not 60 days, 60 business days! So 84 days plus...

So pathetic that with e-mail and the ability to respond quickly that Aeroplan feels they need almost 3 months to solve a simple issue.

Murphy123 Feb 4, 2014 4:44 pm

This happened to me a couple of years ago. I called Aeroplan and was given the name and fax number of the ONLY??? person who could refund the double charge to my credit card. So I sent the fax - twice. I even called to confirm that it had been received - it had. At that time I was hesitant to involve Amex because I hoped that Aeroplan would fix the error. Finally a supervisor got involved and he tried to contact said ONLY person and that person did not reply to him either. He suggested that I open a file with Amex and that he would continue to try for the refund on his end - he was ticked off that the fellow wouldn't reply to him either. Amex won the race and the refund was credited.

Plumber Feb 4, 2014 5:56 pm

Thanks for the advice.

I had not thought of disputing the credit card charge with Amex, but that is probably the route I will go.