Wiki Posts
Search

YYZ check-in for YVR

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2002, 4:34 am
B1
Original Poster

YYZ check-in for YVR

There are electric signs outside T2 saying there is a special check-in for "Vancouver/Asia" past the US and International departures. Inside, there are a few desks where you check in. Then you have to go back to the domestic area at the other end of the terminal to pass security. They said something about too much luggage for the normal domestic area to handle because so many bound for YVR are going to Asia. I would assume that you could also use the regular domestic check-ins and save a lot of time and terminal travel. They've also re-numbered the flights so you can't use the e-check counters if your flight has had its number changed. The good news if that both flights were on 767-300s with great seating and decent food for Y.
Old Jun 4, 2002, 6:31 am

Last time I was on this route there was no priority checkin at this far end of the terminal. They allowed you to check in at the usual domestic priority area near the middle of the terminal.
Old Jun 4, 2002, 7:41 am

Programs: KF, SPG
If you are using the kiosk, you dont need to go to the far end and then come back. You can just use the kiosk at the domestic departure. I learned it hard way.
Old Jun 7, 2002, 6:13 pm

Now we do have a Priority Check In as well as Express Check In at this part of the terminal. All J class and SE,E,P are also incuraged to ckin at the Domestic J class counter because of the walking distance. If you also use Express in Domestic part of the terminal we will still accept you there. They moved YVR and Asia passangers to this part of the terminal after huge problems with baggage around X-mass and also because these passangers would fill up lines in domestic as far as the ticket counter around peak times. It's a bit of a walk but it's easier to process customers this way.
Old Jun 7, 2002, 8:11 pm
B1
Original Poster

AC Dude - the signs don't explain anything. I had no luggage but the usual carry-on stuff. So I had to go back to the far end to clear and then back again to where the flight left from, which was near the other end. The fact is that this adds a lot of time to the whole process and I can tell you that no one is happy about it - everyone was saying that this was another mark against AC. It might be possible to have a security area at that end - but who would be so considerate. Furthermore, the express check-in didn't work because the flight numbers had all been changed. It would be simple to use the far end check-in for passengers bound for Asia only. The domestic traffic to YVR is really being treated badly. Furthermore, the agents on duty in the YVR area at T2 seemed to be the slowest on your staff. The good thing was that after all of this the flight itself was excellent.
Old Jun 9, 2002, 9:23 pm

It was explained to me last week when I had to make a 24hour trip to YYZ for training that even though the company is aware that it is highly inconvenient, moving YVR to the far end was the only solution to the impossible overcrowding. YVR has the most passengers and with the most luggage departing YYZ. The hourly usually wide-body flights killed the inadequate baggage system and overcrowded the lines. By moving this single segment, both problems were alleviated. With the busy summer season starting to rev up, they had to do something. No one wants to see the hell that was YYZ last summer.

Signage could always be better but I did notice signs outside the terminal as well as inside.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.