Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Sudden Aeroplan flight itnerary change!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sudden Aeroplan flight itnerary change!!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2014, 10:54 pm

Programs: Elite for AC, SPG, PP, FPC
Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq
how many people have gotten AE to purchase a ticket when the members were NOT SE100K or MM ???
AE purchased me a ticket in C class. I was E50 at the time.

Start reading from ***** (yes, five asterisks, not a swear word) in my post at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22205787-post2181.html
Old Feb 8, 2014, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*E35
Update:

It turns out that AE refused to let me change any other segments of the itinerary other than the middle affected segments. They were very rude about it, a couple employees argued with me over it.

As it is I am now trying to change my outbound flight. They say they have to calculate taxes. Will they re-calculate fuel surcharge too then? I am proposing a switch from SAS to LH. The trip hasn't started yet of course... it's annoying cause they won't call me back until Monday.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by highlander88
Update:

It turns out that AE refused to let me change any other segments of the itinerary other than the middle affected segments. They were very rude about it, a couple employees argued with me over it.

As it is I am now trying to change my outbound flight. They say they have to calculate taxes. Will they re-calculate fuel surcharge too then? I am proposing a switch from SAS to LH. The trip hasn't started yet of course... it's annoying cause they won't call me back until Monday.
Dont let them bully you into paying extra scamcharges.

Its an involuntary change, no recalculation should be done.

However, they are right to only change affected segments
Old Feb 8, 2014, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*E35
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Dont let them bully you into paying extra scamcharges.

Its an involuntary change, no recalculation should be done.

However, they are right to only change affected segments
yeah they didn't charge me a change fee on the affected segments.

but now I'm changing the unaffected segments. and I'm concerned that they will try to fuel surcharge me the whole way.

But also they will actually add a fuel surcharge right? If its LH and previously was SAS?
Old Feb 8, 2014, 8:16 pm

but now I'm changing the unaffected segments. and I'm concerned that they will try to fuel surcharge me the whole way.

But also they will actually add a fuel surcharge right? If its LH and previously was SAS?
If your recent changes have already been reticketed, any further changes will attract fuel surcharges.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM

yes, if you initiate the changes, prepare to pay, your other segments (that you got for free) will most certainly be added, if scamchargeable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.