Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

YYZ - EZE: Deplane and customs at Santiago

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2014, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K

For the flight from Toronto to Buenos Aires do I have to deplane and go through customs in Santiago?
Old Jan 9, 2014, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Eternity000
For the flight from Toronto to Buenos Aires do I have to deplane and go through customs in Santiago?
You need to deplane and re-clear security (which was rather messy and quite pointless anyway), but no need to clear customs/immigation.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K
Thanks for the information. Reclear security... Rather weird after all rest being cleared for the plane.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 4:47 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Don't forget there's a reciprocity entry fee into Argentina for Canadian Passport holders. Unlike Chile, I believe you can pay for this online prior to arrival.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
Don't forget there's a reciprocity entry fee into Argentina for Canadian Passport holders. Unlike Chile, I believe you can pay for this online prior to arrival.
Afaik you now have to pay the reciprocity fee online before departing - and bring the print out along. Most annoyingly, the payment website probably is the most useless website ever created.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 5:22 pm

Programs: AC SEMM, Nexus
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Afaik you now have to pay the reciprocity fee online before departing - and bring the print out along. Most annoyingly, the payment website probably is the most useless website ever created.
Could you please elaborate on the website. Will be doing this next week.
Thx
Old Jan 9, 2014, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Aspan
Could you please elaborate on the website. Will be doing this next week.
Thx
Here you go. In theory itīs easy: enter personal information and pay fee. However,I encountered various technical issues while entering my passport and CC info, then the site switched back to Spanish, another time it just froze. Maybe youīre luckier.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 5:37 pm

Programs: AC*E35 and decreasing
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
However,I encountered various technical issues while entering my passport and CC info, then the site switched back to Spanish, another time it just froze. Maybe youīre luckier.
Sounds like Argentina to me
Old Jan 9, 2014, 7:09 pm

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
The link from Jasper2009 will get you to the Reciprocity page, but for simplicity here's a more direct link - https://virtual.provinciapagos.com.ar/ArgentineTaxes/

1) There's a teeny weeny "sign up" link below where it says "Log In". Do this.
2) Once you're signed up and logged in, you'll see "If you need to create a new form CLICK HERE" below the black Logged In User box.
3) Create a new form and fill in the relevant details.
4) Once you've created you form, I think a new "Pay" button will appear on the screen. Click here then fill in your credit card details.
5) Click "Submit" or "Pay Now" or whatever the button is. CLICK ONCE ONLY! Multiple clicks will generate multiple payments. I found this out the hard way when I thought my submission was frozen.

The above payment site doesn't always get along too well with Safari on a Mac (found that out the hard way too) but Firefox works OK.

I concur with Jasper2009 - this payment website is absolutely horrid.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 8:47 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by RCyyz
The link from Jasper2009 will get you to the Reciprocity page, but for simplicity here's a more direct link - https://virtual.provinciapagos.com.ar/ArgentineTaxes/

1) There's a teeny weeny "sign up" link below where it says "Log In". Do this.
2) Once you're signed up and logged in, you'll see "If you need to create a new form CLICK HERE" below the black Logged In User box.
3) Create a new form and fill in the relevant details.
4) Once you've created you form, I think a new "Pay" button will appear on the screen. Click here then fill in your credit card details.
5) Click "Submit" or "Pay Now" or whatever the button is. CLICK ONCE ONLY! Multiple clicks will generate multiple payments. I found this out the hard way when I thought my submission was frozen.

The above payment site doesn't always get along too well with Safari on a Mac (found that out the hard way too) but Firefox works OK.

And I concur with item #5 as I too discovered. This easily ranks as one of the top 10 most user unfriendly sites.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 9:11 pm

Programs: AC SEMM, Nexus
Thank you all for the info. Really this is what makes FT a great resource. Now can I get a great hotel recommendation. again thanks.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 9:44 pm

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Now can I get a great hotel recommendation.
Alvear Palace Hotel. Should only cost you around $500 USD per night.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 9:52 pm

Programs: AC - E50, CX - G, Accor Plat, SPG Gold
Do not use your credit card. Carry USD and ask your hotel where they recommend to exchange Dolar Blu.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RCyyz
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
And I concur with item #5 as I too discovered. This easily ranks as one of the top 10 most user unfriendly sites.
Thanks for confirming I wasnīt the only one unable to do something as simple as using a website. Sadly, I donīt expect the website (or actually anything in Argentina) to improve anytime soon.

Last edited by Jasper2009; Jan 10, 2014 at 6:11 am
Old Jan 10, 2014, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you all for the info. Really this is what makes FT a great resource. Now can I get a great hotel recommendation. again thanks.
I really enjoyed staying at the Park Hyatt Buenos Aires - awesome property, good and safe location.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.