Wiki Posts
Search

Amenity Kit Question

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2014, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
Amenity Kit Question

On AC792 now, sitting in J, and there is an amenity kit lying on my seat. Is this the same kit found on overseas PE? Or, something new for J pax on long haul domestic/transborder flights?

No pics right now, but it is sort of a denim blue, soft cover, and contains socks, eyeshades, ear plugs, and dental products.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
I´ve never seen an amenity kit on NA flights, but it sounds similar to the daytime TATL J amenity kit.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 1:20 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Weird... We didn't get any on the YYC to YYZ red eye on B767 the other day... Never given one in domestic J.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 1:21 pm

Sounds like standard one for J pod on non-daytime international flights.

They need to update them
Old Jan 1, 2014, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Once in awhile I will have an amenity kit in my pod for an NA flight. Usually it is because the flight just came in TPAC/TATL and it was just left there.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 2:44 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
The Air Canada kits are pretty weak these days. . .

Thin disposable single use packaging, some single use items shades and socks.

Either Air Canada is way ahead by realizing that people don't care, or they are aiming for the bottom of the Star Alliance heap.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 2:48 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
More than likely a leftover day kit from fin 682's previous mission which was YYZ-BOG-YYZ yesterday.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
More than likely a leftover day kit from fin 682's previous mission which was YYZ-BOG-YYZ yesterday.
No kits on yyz bog anymore. AC still sold it for months as ExecFirst but got rid of the kits, the water bottles, and sparking wine, etc. Was almost false advertising... For a 6 hour flight it is pretty sad that they cater it as a domestic flight now. Come on, a less than a dollar bottle of water? The FAs i spoke to hate it as they have to do water runs all the time.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
That does sound very reasonable; the kit was sealed, so the seat may have gone unused. I was one of the final J passengers to board, so I can't vouch as to whether I won the kit lotto or whether the entire cabin received these gifts.

But then - don't the FAs collect the unused kits? I've taken my neighbouring kits and they usually pay no mind that a kit (or 4!) have gone missing.

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Once in awhile I will have an amenity kit in my pod for an NA flight. Usually it is because the flight just came in TPAC/TATL and it was just left there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.