Wiki Posts
Search

front cabin econcomy seat selecton

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2013, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC, SWA, AA, NWA, EVA
front cabin econcomy seat selecton

I'm a lowly Prestige, but I still try to enjoy all the benefits I can get. I had a Flex fare flight scheduled in October, but I had to cancel it. It was booked on aircanada.com, and since it was canceled, I had to pay a rebooking fee and I had to go through an agent rather than re-booking online.

The flight I selected was a Tango fare (it was available and the price seemed right – typically I only see Flex fares for LAX-YUL), not a Flex fare for my outbound flight. When I book, I select a forward seat in economy or E-upgrade and this has always been available with my Prestige level frequent flyer level. In this case, I was told that since it was Tango, I would have to pay for my advance seat selection and that E-upgrade was not available. I acquiesced and paid for the advance seat selection. However, when I checked, I see that advance seat selection is a core privilege of Prestige and is not predicated on fare type. Can someone help verify that because a Prestige level can have advance seat selection regardless of booking code?

Here is the Prestige level website

https://altitude.aircanada.com/mystatus/my-privileges

Under core privileges, priority seat selection, “Take a seat at the front of the Economy Class Cabin on flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express, and Air Canada rouge. It says nothing about eligible fare types as it does for Complementary Preferred Seat.

If this does stand, then how can I easily get a refund for seat selection.

I am hoping that I can get my free checked baggage on this outbound flight as I see as a privelege. I would be upset to have to pay at the counter.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by coxta; Dec 22, 2013 at 12:09 pm
Old Dec 22, 2013, 12:33 pm

Programs: AC*SE, Marriott Plat, Natl Exec, NEXUS
Originally Posted by coxta
I acquiesced and paid for the advance seat selection. However, when I checked, I see that advance seat selection is a core privilege of Prestige and is not predicated on fare type. Can someone help verify that because a Prestige level can have advance seat selection regardless of booking code?

Here is the Prestige level website

https://altitude.aircanada.com/mystatus/my-privileges

Under core privileges, priority seat selection, “Take a seat at the front of the Economy Class Cabin on flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express, and Air Canada rouge. It says nothing about eligible fare types as it does for Complementary Preferred Seat.

If this does stand, then how can I easily get a refund for seat selection.

Thanks in advance.
Advanced seat selection is not a core privilege of Prestige, Priority seat selection is (as you reference). They are different. Advanced SS allows you to pick a seat before check in. Priority SS allows you to pick a seat in the front section of economy when you go to pick seats (which you can't in advance on a Tango fare).
Old Dec 22, 2013, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC, SWA, AA, NWA, EVA
Thanks for the clarification.

But checked two bags is a core privelige for Altitude, correct?
Old Dec 22, 2013, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by coxta
Thanks for the clarification.

But checked two bags is a core privelige for Altitude, correct?
2 bags @ 23kg each is core for prestige 25k only. Limits are diff for higher levels.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 5:27 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
You can check your baggage allowance on the website
http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...e/checked.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.