Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Selects Boeing 737 MAX to Renew Mainline Narrowbody Fleet

Old Sep 19, 2017, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 24left
Jan 18 2021 TC issues Airworthiness Directive for the 737 MAX
Link to post https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32976892-post4096.html

Cabin photos

Post 976 https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29534462-post976.html
Post 1300 https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29780203-post1300.html

Cabin Layout

Interior Specs can be found here https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/fly/onboard/fleet.html

- Window seats may feel narrower to come as the armrests are placed "into" the "curvature" of the cabin.
- Seats with no windows feel even more narrower as there is no space created by the curvature of window.
- All bulkhead seats have very limited legroom.
- Seats 15A, 16A, 16F, 17A and 17F have limited windows.
- Exit rows 19 and 20 have more legroom than regular preferred seats.

Routes

The 737 MAX is designated to replace the A320-series. Based on announcements and schedule updates, the following specific routes will be operated by the 737 MAX in future:

YYZ-LAX (periodic flights)
YYZ-SNN (new route)
YUL-DUB (new route)
YYZ/YUL-KEF (replacing Rouge A319)
YYT-LHR (replacing Mainline A319)
YHZ-LHR (replacing Mainline B767)
Hawaii Routes YVR/YYC (replacing Rouge B767)
Many domestic trunk routes (YYZ, YVR, YUL, YYC) now operated by 7M8, replacing A320 family
Print Wikipost

Air Canada Selects Boeing 737 MAX to Renew Mainline Narrowbody Fleet

Old Dec 9, 2017, 8:20 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Why isn't this bookable on AC.com? Another IT failure!
--
13F
Old Dec 9, 2017, 11:30 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ
Why isn't this bookable on AC.com? Another IT failure!
--
13F
Have a look at 137 YYZ YYC on Dec 11.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 5:55 am

Flight to Calgary currently boarding with free muffins and water on a security protected table to celebrate this first 737Max flight.
tcook052 likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 6:04 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by Ew/oQ
Flight to Calgary currently boarding with free muffins and water on a security protected table to celebrate this first 737Max flight.
They are just taunting you with water and muffins, or is security there to ensure you only take one?
Old Dec 11, 2017, 6:32 am

My ancient mobile unable to attach photo but reviewing it shows oranges and pastries as well vs muffins. May even be enough that everyone gets one item.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 10:17 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Just received this in my inbox:

Get ready to enjoy an elevated experience on select flights within North America and on international routes with the magnificently modern new 737 MAX

MAGNIFICENTLY MODERN
A more personalized version of the 787 Dreamliner you know and love, this new aircraft is designed to offer you superior comfort and modern features that make a world of difference.

FINER FEATURES
On board, you’ll enjoy a premium ambiance, the latest quiet engine technology, enough space for your carry-on luggage with larger overhead bins, upgraded in-flight entertainment with 15 user interface languages and coming soon, faster WiFi.

The way you travel is about to change with the new 737 MAX.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...et/737max.html

Last edited by Jebby_ca; Dec 11, 2017 at 10:23 am
Old Dec 11, 2017, 10:53 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
Just received this in my inbox:

Get ready to enjoy an elevated experience on select flights within North America and on international routes with the magnificently modern new 737 MAX
I got that early this morning too.

Note from the webpage (emphasis mine):
Coming Soon.
Stay connected onboard with faster Wi-Fi thanks to antennas with the highest bandwidth available in the industry.
Is AC ....ing serious that they're putting these planes in service with no WiFi?
Old Dec 11, 2017, 11:34 am

Programs: AC E75K *G
Originally Posted by Ew/oQ
How'd it go? Can't wait for a trip report.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA, AC
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Is AC ....ing serious that they're putting these planes in service with no WiFi?
WiFi installation for the first MAX is a 2 month job at YLW. There were higher priorities for #1 and having it sit on the ground for 2 months wasn't practical.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 2:26 pm

Programs: AC 35k
I'm curious to see if the 7M8 has the same cabin pressure as the 789. That's one of the things I wanted to try on a Dreamliner - does the lower cabin pressure and higher humidity make a difference in how you feel? Will we see that on the 7M8?
Old Dec 11, 2017, 2:29 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Originally Posted by YXUFlyboy
I'm curious to see if the 7M8 has the same cabin pressure as the 789. That's one of the things I wanted to try on a Dreamliner - does the lower cabin pressure and higher humidity make a difference in how you feel? Will we see that on the 7M8?
Can't speak to the 7M8, but on the Dreamliner, noticeable to me on the longer flights. Not much of a difference on YYZ - YVR, but on transpac and transatlantic, definitely feel less "gross" after the flight.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA, AC
Originally Posted by YXUFlyboy
I think no. The MAX is a conventional metal airframe with conventional bleed air pressurization. The 787's higher pressure differential does make a difference to how I feel.

BTW, the 787 has higher cabin pressure, not lower.
longtimeflyin likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 2:46 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Anyone know the IFE screen size in J and Y?
Old Dec 11, 2017, 2:50 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by After Burner
WiFi installation for the first MAX is a 2 month job at YLW. There were higher priorities for #1 and having it sit on the ground for 2 months wasn't practical.
I think your figure is high by a long shot, but regardless, you're looking at it from the perspective of what's convenient for the airline. I don't think DL, UA or AA would introduce a new aircraft, let alone a new type, without having WiFi installed or operational because customers expect to have WiFi.

Apparently at AC, convenience for AC outweighs serving the customer.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I think your figure is high by a long shot, but regardless, you're looking at it from the perspective of what's convenient for the airline. I don't think DL, UA or AA would introduce a new aircraft, let alone a new type, without having WiFi installed or operational because customers expect to have WiFi.

Apparently at AC, convenience for AC outweighs serving the customer.
I can believe the 2 month figure. It's the first of the type, so needs to be certified, etc.
I can absolutely believe that AA and others would introduce a new aircraft type without having wifi installed initially. It costs money to have all these airframes sit on the ground during the certification process for no reason.
Once certified, the installation time is much reduced.
longtimeflyin likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.